“Everything was absolutely amazing!!”

Second Street Bistro
Ranked #10 of 411 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Description: Second Street is a Casual Upscale Restaurant marked by a menu full of unique and delicious culinary twists, stunning decor throughout, a comfortable atmosphere, and a fresh upscale vibe unmatched in Williamsburg." Our large menu features local seafood, chicken and steak entrees, handmade burgers, unique Italian dishes, overstuffed sandwiches, kid friendly foods, munchies, fresh soups and salads, extensive wine list, and a relaxed separate bar area for socializing.
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The waitress Lacey was extremely nice and made our experience a thousand times better!! Not to mention the salad and steak were out of this world. Thanks for making our out of town visit so nice!!

1  Thank Sabrina_1213
Write a ReviewReviews (3,228)

Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband chose this place over my objections, but we went. I was very surprised at how good it was, with a few exceptions. We started out with the best sangria I've ever had, and the bartender was nice enough to share her recipe with me. Can't wait to make it.
I started out with a salad, with sugared pecans and a wonderful vidalia dressing. My husband had the crab and cheese dip, and pronounced it the best he's had. It had lots of crab.
I had the shrimp and grits, and they were kind enough to make it without the andouille sausage it usually comes with. It was very good, except the shrimp were tiny and overcooked. Dreadfully so. My husband had the Asian breaded fish, which was 2 enormous pieces, with an asian sauce to pour over, crunchy and delicious. It was accompanied by broccoli and wasabi mashed potatoes, with plenty of wasabi in them.
We didn't have room for dessert, but the chocolate/toffee bread pudding looked amazing.
Service was very good. We had 1 waitperson, but several folks brought out and cleared plates. I did think the entrees came out too soon--I still was eating my salad. They should have/could have waited.
I would definitely go back again. Nice find.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Took a group of friends visiting to Second Street for their last night meal. Their food was delicious. The chicken dish I ordered, was just plain and simple, chicken. Not a flavor or spice. Given the prices paid at this restaurant, I would expect better. Finally tried the HUGE cookies for dessert, again, expected better.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The Williamsburg ale on tap was really good. We had the Shrimp & Grits, and it was outstanding -- but unlike anything we've had before. They put andouille sausage in it, and the grits are in cakes, not creamy like you might expect. But there was plenty of spicy brown gravy.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I and a few friends visited Second Street Saturday evening, the 9/22 and Lacey was our waitress. She treated us as if we were the only ones in the restaurant. If and when I come to visit again I will make a point of coming to Second Street largely due to the treatment and the atmosphere. The food was the BEST! We all enjoyed the appetizer and the entrees. The ribs were the best. On my next trip I will have to try the Carolina Burger.