Kyoto Japanese Steak House & Sushi Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Southport, North Carolina
“SUCKS”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Normally I hate to write a bad review. But I'm going to make this plain and simple. Don't eat here!!! The prices are outrageous, no white sauce, and believe it or not you have to pay almost 3 dollars extra to have your rice fried. I eat at Japanese steakhouses all of the time and although they are a little pricey, the food is worth every penny to me. But not here!!! You will be disappointed.

Visited November 2012

Nottingham, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner was a hit!”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We just had our first of many meals at Kyoto and it was great! My wife had never been to a Japanese Hibachi grill and was a little apprehensive, especially when she watched me eat raw salmon. The salmon was great! Service was prompt, full course meals were a good value especially in this tourist environment and the food was wonderful. We both left there with full bellies and big smiles. Two thumbs up from us!

• Visited October 2012
“Don't go here! Save your $”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Very small portions and paid more than i ever have at any japanese place.
Never had to pay extra to have my rice fried $2.25 extra!
The rice had no taste and was sticky mush!
Very slow service. Waited 45 min before getting soup which tastes like Gargleing salt water, another 30 min before salad came which there was only one choice of dressing.
Two people from our table left after soup. We should have too!
The place wasn't that busy on a Saturday night but only seemed to have 3 chef and two wait staff.
And...finally Who serves bean sprouts cooked in the left over chicken sause left on the grill at the end of the meal with Japanese food? YUCK :p
Went to Dave's Kettle corn at the outlets afterward...YUM :)
Who has room after Japanese food for pop corn?

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Still remember”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Good food, service as expected. Entertaining cooking as well as a meal. Good atmosphere. Did not try the sake

“I would recommend”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

This was my second visit, I went with 8 other people. Everyone in my party was pleased. The inside needs updated decore and refreshing. Our waitress was very good. They have a big room with habachi tables and then another dining area just for sushi.