“Didn't get my money”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Worst seating I've ever seen. After waiting 25 minutes in line we were told there were actually two lines - one for parties of four or less and another for five or more. After another 20 minutes we watched several 4 or less walk right up and get seated. Manager would not put two 4 tops together for my party and was very rude when I questioned it. We left. Good food or not - it's not worth it to me.

1  Thank mom2cam

Reviewed February 15, 2013

We love this place so much. We have been eating here for 15 years and always keep coming back. Yes the price is high but look what you get. All the crab legs you can eat. Plus tons of other foods and deserts. Please do stop in and enjoy the best seafood in Williamsburg.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

Love Captain Georges,plenty of choices,great food,kept everything full.Kinda glad their is not one closer to us because i would be broke and as big as a house!!!

1  Thank partsman5559
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Good variety of seafood ! Huge selection in which to choose from. Different types of fish, shrimp, oryers, etc. plus a large variety of side dishes and breads. Also meats if you prefer meat .All you can eat , with as many trips to the buffet as you like. All you can eat crab legs are my favorite!!The she crab soup is delicious!The cost is kinda expensive but worth the cost when you see the huge selection of foods and the endless times that you can go to any of the stands sit up and eat as much as you want!!The tip is included in the total cost at Captian George"s.Check Captin Georges out make sure you come with an appetite!!

1  Thank 1Dattripper
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had no idea what to expect when I went to Captain George's for a post-birthday lunch. I'd been curious about it for years, due solely to its fun and silly outer appearance, looking a bit like a lighthouse and a boat. Once we entered the dining room, I was impressed at how huge and spacious it was, yet still broken into separate areas by having groups of dining tables set at slightly different levels. In the center of the room were several enormous buffet tables, cutely themed to look like boats. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive, bringing refills on our drinks even when we didn't need them yet.

As for the food, of course we weren't expecting fine cuisine -- it was a buffet, after all. And the foods I tried were a bit hit or miss. Although Captain George is marketed as a seafood restaurant, I actually thought the seafood items were on the lower end of the scale. The baked fish and crayfish didn't seem very fresh, and I wasn't impressed with the seafood chowder. But the more traditional Virginia cuisine was excellent. Delicious rolls and corn bread, great bbq ribs, beans, collard greens. There were a lot of wonderful desserts to choose from, all decadent and tasty. Towards the end of our meal, my friend mentioned to the waitress that it had been my birthday. We were already stuffed with food, but she brought me a small birthday cake in a box anyway, which was a very sweet and unexpected gift. I had a great time, and definitely recommend Captain George's if you're looking for a friendly buffet with plenty of decent chow.

1  Thank Marywhotravels