“Captain Georges Seafood”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Captain Georges Seafood”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Good variety of seafood ! Huge selection in which to choose from. Different types of fish, shrimp, oryers, etc. plus a large variety of side dishes and breads. Also meats if you prefer meat .All you can eat , with as many trips to the buffet as you like. All you can eat crab legs are my favorite!!The she crab soup is delicious!The cost is kinda expensive but worth the cost when you see the huge selection of foods and the endless times that you can go to any of the stands sit up and eat as much as you want!!The tip is included in the total cost at Captian George"s.Check Captin Georges out make sure you come with an appetite!!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank 1Dattripper

• Arabic first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Tremendous selection, friendly staff, fun atmosphere”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had no idea what to expect when I went to Captain George's for a post-birthday lunch. I'd been curious about it for years, due solely to its fun and silly outer appearance, looking a bit like a lighthouse and a boat. Once we entered the dining room, I was impressed at how huge and spacious it was, yet still broken into separate areas by having groups of dining tables set at slightly different levels. In the center of the room were several enormous buffet tables, cutely themed to look like boats. Our waitress was very friendly and attentive, bringing refills on our drinks even when we didn't need them yet.

As for the food, of course we weren't expecting fine cuisine -- it was a buffet, after all. And the foods I tried were a bit hit or miss. Although Captain George is marketed as a seafood restaurant, I actually thought the seafood items were on the lower end of the scale. The baked fish and crayfish didn't seem very fresh, and I wasn't impressed with the seafood chowder. But the more traditional Virginia cuisine was excellent. Delicious rolls and corn bread, great bbq ribs, beans, collard greens. There were a lot of wonderful desserts to choose from, all decadent and tasty. Towards the end of our meal, my friend mentioned to the waitress that it had been my birthday. We were already stuffed with food, but she brought me a small birthday cake in a box anyway, which was a very sweet and unexpected gift. I had a great time, and definitely recommend Captain George's if you're looking for a friendly buffet with plenty of decent chow.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Marywhotravels
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Endless seafood”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Went to Captain George's tonight with no preconceived notions because a guy in our business team mentioned it. The smell when you walk in is pure seafood, and the buffet is endless. $33 per person seems a bit steep for a buffet, but this one is worth it. Two different types of crab legs, oysters, shrimp, clams, scallops, and all the trimmings. Will return with my family.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Toto2Leavenworth
Williamsburg, Virginia
“OUR FAVORITE”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I can't say enough about CGs.

Atmosphere: Check
Unlimited Delicious Crab Legs: Check
UBER Friendly and Attentive Staff: Check
AWESOME Newport Special: Check (sprinkle some old bay on that!)
A COKE restaurant!: Hallelujah! COKE and crabs legs? Get out of my way!

Seriously, one of the only Coke restaurants in this town and they keep that glass FULL the whole time...no searching and asking.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank ColonialLocal
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“Great Buffet”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The best!! The wait was not too long, the food was fresh, the wait staff were pleasant, the variety was fantastic.

Visited September 2012