“Dumpy bar with great food and beer”
Review of Green Leafe Cafe

Green Leafe Cafe
Ranked #107 of 395 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed August 12, 2012

It's a bar in a college town. Dirty. Sticky floors. The urinal in the bathroom is unusually high. But the beer selection is top notch. And the burger I had was great. Service was just some college kids but they were nice enough. My daughter doesn't like dirty places so she was horrified but I thought it was a nice funky spot for some lunch. Any place that has Unearthly on tap is all right with me.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The original in Old Towne is the place. Great beer selection, staff with beer knowledge and good specials. Big with the college students so go early to avoid the crowds. Packed at night so not a place for kids after say 7 PM.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

I loved our dinner at Green Leafe! This place is not a cafe, it's more like a brew pub, and once you accept that it is an amazing place. The service is casual but capable and courteous, as befits a casual brew pub, with the typical boisterous slightly loud atmosphere. (I swear the music was stolen from my iPod!) We came on Rib Night, which meant the fantastic bourbon BBQ sauce ribs with a huge plate of fries and the best homemade coleslaw I've had was half off the menu price, and would have been worth the full cost easily! The beer menu alone is fantastic! All in all it was clean, well staffed, and a great overall experience. Break away from the chain places and try eating local! :)

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Ate breakfast by special invite during the week. Great service and good breakfast. Would probably return to try lunch.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

Tony and I, along with our friends, came here Memorial Day weekend 2012 for an afternoon drink and snacks after walking around historic Williamsburg. The day was beautiful!

We sat at the bar. It took Tony at least 15 minutes to go through the long list of beers (64 draft and 150 bottled) before deciding on a flight of beers – yes, he’s a beer snob – or rather, a beer connoisseur. Carol enjoyed the woodpecker cider, Glenn the St George IPA, and I had a glass of wine (half price specials). I rarely drink beer unless I’m sitting at a large table with Maryland steamed crabs in front of me.

We shared the appetizing artichoke, spinach, and crab dip, which was served in a hearty brown bread – just to tie us over before dinner.

Nice, casual pub atmosphere. Would like to return again for dinner one night.