“If you want prime rib, this is the place!”

Fireside Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Fireside Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 390 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Leesburg, Virginia
“If you want prime rib, this is the place!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Like other reviewers, we had Brian as our server (he was excellent) and we ordered the prime rib. It was prepared exactly as we expected and served without the long delay that sometimes happens in other restaurants. The creamed spinach side dish is well worth getting - we shared it.
This is a friendly, aging facility, but the food makes it all worthwhile!

• Visited April 2014

West Milford, New Jersey
“Awesome!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We had Brian as a waiter, he was funny, attentive and assertive! He made the dinner feel like home! The food was great with nice seafood selections.

• Visited May 2014
Hampton, Virginia, United States
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

With a name like "Fireside Chophose" we thought of the place having a gounger type vibe but once inside the place, servers and atmosphere was very dated. This was not bad, just unexpected. They didnt have some normal things a restaurant has...tried to order lemonade but was told that they only had peach lemonade(w/o free refills and cup size being miniature). Then I tried to order sweet tea but they only had unsweetened...Virginia is still considered the south is all I'm saying. Onto the food-we had the calamari as our appetizer with the salmon and the fireside burger as our entrees. We believe everything was previously frozen and probably nuked...I was asked how I wanted my burger and said I wanted it medium...nope, they couldn't cook it medium so I had to take it well and it came out VERY dry (same for the salmon). Wont be going back!

Norton, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

My Husband and I went here for our Anniversay Celebration Meal. It was awesome. I had Baked Stuffed Shrimp. The stuffing was the best I've ever had. It was made with chuncks of Maryland Crab. It was more like a crab cake. My husband had steak and he said it was perfect. Salad was great. Had smashed red potatoes which were delicious also.

The desert we had was homemade apple pie with vanilla ice cream. Yum, Yum, Yum.

Can't wait to go back someday. We were in Williamsburg for a short get away and recommend The fireside Chophouse. Our waiter Brian was great too.

• Visited April 2014
New Kent, Virginia
“Bad Dont Eat Here”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

The plates were dirty, the food was cold, the service was BAD. I will never eat here again. the place a was so dark we could barely see our food however that might be a good thing because the food was BAD

• Visited September 2013