“Appearance can be deceiving.”
Review of The Smokey Griddle

The Smokey Griddle
Ranked #89 of 395 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

From the outside you would not expect what is on the inside. I ordered the breakfast chimichanga, grits and a biscuit, my wife ordered the stack of pancakes, and my daughter ordered the chocolate chip pancakes.
Mine had to be one of the best breakfast I have ever had. Wife said the buckwheat were one of the best and daughter loved hers. The place is family owned and run which is what I like to try when on vacation.
Something that really stands out the the level of service you get. They make sure everything is perfect before they bring it to your table.

2  Thank Tim C

Reviewed June 26, 2014

As pancake houses in Williamsburg (and there are many, many) go, this, in my experience, is one of the best. We found service to be great - attentive, pleasant, and quick. We were there for breakfast. We found the menu selections pretty standard for Williamsburg pancake houses with the surprising additions of both bagels (with cream cheese available) and English muffins. The food was delivered hot off the grille, properly prepared, and correct - and delivered with a smile. Prices were fairly standard for the area. The two egg breakfast with bacon or sausage patties or links - with grits or home fries and toast or muffins - was $6.95.

I prefer this pancake house to Shorty's Diner. The acoustics are far better. You can actually carry on a conversation with your tablemate.

Ambience nothing exceptional - but it's a pancake house. It was clean and well maintained.

We'll be back.

1  Thank Pfadfinder
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

A family - owned place of culinary delights where all meals are 'touched' by LOVE.
When asked what makes the food so delicious, the owner smiles and says, "It's our love shared with our guests."
Expect to find the unexpected in breakfast and lunch offerings...you will be pleased.
We are 'locals' and come here regularly.
Tell them, "John sent you."

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We had planned to go to Astronomical Pancake House again, where we ate last time, but they had a one hour wait because it was Father's Day. So we headed up the road & came across the Smokey Griddle. Everything seemed fresh & well-prepared, & it was a good breakfast with very fair prices. I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

One of the first things you notice when you first start to get a lay of the land in Williamsburg while on vacation is, "There sure are a lot of pancake houses in this town!!" I'm sure there's a story to it, but alas I do not know that tale.

What I do know is that The Smokey Griddle was a good breakfast. They have your typical breakfast fare of omelets, waffles, and delicious pancakes. They also have a large selection of mexican style breakfast items. The also have a nice size kids menu.

The servers were friendly. You can see this kitchen....always nice in my opinion. Most importantly the food was well prepared. My wife even hinted at if we're eating out for breakfast again on our trip, she wants to go back.

2  Thank watchyoursix