“Fine, but expected more”

Southern Pancake and Waffle House
Ranked #17 of 393 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 3, 2013

After reading the positive reviews, I was excited about finally finding a great pancake house. Don't get me wrong, it was good, but not what I would define as very good. We were seated too close to the kitchen. I was on vacation and wanted to be away from managerial recommendations, but that is all that I heard. Reminder that your patrons don't need to hear all of your back room conversations. Food was good.

There are newer reviews for Southern Pancake and Waffle House

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Better food than IHOP, less crowded, better service, and has atmosphere. Inside, somewhat like a Cracker Barrel without the gift shop. Personal, polite service. Fare sampled includes waffles, pancakes, french toast, and sausage. Great coffee for a change as well. Would visit weekly if I lived in the area.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I was craving biscuits and gravy so I chose this place over all others, due to the name. I was a little disappointed. I think I went into this place with high expectations which made my trip here less than desirable. Don't get me wrong, my son's pancakes were really good and my husband's omelette was tasty, and the place was clean. My biscuits and gravy were kind of bland and the sausage was the links cut up, I've never had that before so it threw me for a loop instantly. Like I said, Im still giving the restaurant a 4, I just don't recommend curbing your southern biscuits and gravy kick here. The coffee is one of the best cups I've had while here tho, so please don't discount this place for breakfast/brunch.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

While in Williamsburg we would have breakfast at a different restaurant each morning. We decided to try this one on our last day before leaving town. It was very clean, the waitress was extremely friendly, and the food was fast and much tastier. It wasn't quite as busy as some others but maybe that's why they are able to focus on quality and service. One of the other popular joints we had pancakes at was so hectic and busy it just wasn't relaxing to eat there. It's definitely worth giving it a try.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

OK, they have renamed this place so it is harder to fint to write a review. We had a great meal. The staff is very good. Our server was a summer hire from Moldova. She was awesome, perfect English, freindly and helpul. Met the owner too. Nice guy. Gives locals a discount. As to the meal it was just good. Exactly what we were looking for . Eggs tasted fresh, toast (rye) was yummy. Pancakes were cooked to perfection. OK it is a pancake house, don't expect fancy French cuisine, table clothes and candles, but it is a very good pancake house! Great for family before you head out to the sights.