“Delightful meal”

Kitchen At Powhatan Plantation
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We ate here for our anniversary while in Williamsburg. The food was amazing (soft shell crabs were beautifully cooked and lightly seasoned) and the service was wonderful. There are only a few tables in the entire restaurant as it was built on the original foundation of the kitchen at the old plantation. The atmosphere is intimate and quiet. You must have a reservation and there is no children's menu. (If you have little wiggle worms you may want to wait until they are older to bring them here) We did bring our two children (6 and 9) and they graciously split a pasta dish of sea scallops over fettuccine between the two. It was a wonderful way to end a great day in Williamsburg and I would heartily recommend going here for a romantic dinner for two!

3  Thank momoftwo03

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Nice little place. Good service, good food, but very expensive. My wife and I had two entrees, two soups, bottle of wine and 2 coffees – came to $130 with tip. Plus, the waiter (owner?) had an attitude – I think he was trying to be funny. Lastly, he was inflexible. I asked for a glass of wine from a (whole) bottle they sell but he wouldn’t serve it to me. He said I’d have to buy two glasses (and he said he would try to sell the remainder of the bottle). When we were there (7/27/12), the place was dead.

Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Good food and it was close to our avcomodations. I would go again

1  Thank Corinne216
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Paula and Shelby and Karina (sp) are wonderful! Food is pretty good--but a bit overpriced. IT was nice that they had this super low key restaurant on site. Limited menu choices, but we made due. They were very tolerant of our baby and 2 yo!

1  Thank mountains2beach
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We arrived late and very tired. The waitress were so cheery and helpful. Made all of us feel right at home.

1  Thank NancyeNH