“the 0 rating is not a mistake”

The Jefferson Restaurant
Ranked #129 of 394 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Over 4 Generations - Since 1956 the family owned and operated,Jefferson Restaurant has been serving mouth watering specialties such as our very own Virginia Peanut Soup, steaks,seafood, southern favorites, and Italian dishes served in an English Country setting. Lobster and SteakGuaranteed to bring great memories for all.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“the 0 rating is not a mistake”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

we got country fried sirloin came with mashed potatoes onios and the gravy was from a can and a small salad. Everything but the beer was horrible. When the waitress asked why we did not eat we said it was horrible . She just took the plates and told us she didn't cook it and gave us the bill( $54} ;the worst place in Williamsburg Va. Just tasted horrible, the look of disappointment my wife's face . I used to complain about lunch trucks before i retired. I would say to go to a lunch truck not The Jefferson House . the worst lunch truck would be 5 star compared to this place. I hope they close it or at least take down the sign outside that reads best steak.and change it to worse steak.

• Visited June 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“WilliamsburgNative”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have lived here my whole life and not been there before. I have to say I loved it! Yes, no one was in a rush but the we weren't either. I had the prime rib and it was one of the best I'd every tasted. This is not a chain restaurant but a family owned business and it was so neat to meet the generations. Give it a try!

• Visited June 2013
“Nice experience”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I made a long visit to Williamsburg, VA to purchase a house. We wanted some good sea food and were searching for a restaurant near the Colonial District. How lucky we were to find the Jefferson Inn. The sea food was delicious and delicately flavored, the service was excellent, the ambiance very nice (colonial without being overdone), and the prices reasonable for what we ordered. I appreciated the background music, too; it was truly in the background. Give this place a try. I read the other reviews and was disappointed that they didn't like the Jefferson Inn better. We felt fortunate to have come across it after a verylong, tiring day.

• Visited May 2013
Middletown, New Jersey, United States
“Not a destination worth travelling to.”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I happened to be staying across the street without a car and it was raining.
So I dashed over to this inviting looking Steakhouse and found myself virtually alone[ I was a single] with only one other table occupied.Now this was a Tuesday at 7:30pm so what does that tell you?
My waiter James had many miles on him but he was professional and knew how to make a perfectly done Beefeater Martini. I ordered the Ribeye at his suggestion which came with the house salad and I opted for a baked potato.
The salad was small but ,ok,however the steak was thin and sinewy and not very flavorful as a Ribeye should be. Having worked in Manhattan for years and with many trips to Chcago I am jaded when it comes to rural "steakhouses" so I don;t complain unless it is shoeleather.This wasn't bad enough to warrant my ire but iot was over the top pricewise for the portion and , more importanly, the quality.
I understand this is a tourist town where they rarely eat in the same joiint twice in a week.But before the season begins they need the repeat local customers to pay the rent and they don;t appear to have the following. Down the road is Opus 9 Steakhouse.Use that as your option when next in town.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Demarest N
Williamsburg, Virginia
“So-so food, service and decor”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This restaurant looks very tired. It tries to be colonial, from the buggy outside to the colonial costume of the hostess and the decor, but it falls short. The tables, chairs, wallpaper and curtains look old, but not in a good way. The Jefferson salad, which comes with the meal, consists of iceberg lettuce, a few onion rings, several fat slices of carrot, 1 slice of green pepper and 1 small tomato wedge. The menu has many fried selections and healthy choices are few. We had the grilled salmon and the broiled shrimp. The fish was brought out at least five minutes before the baked potatoes, which meant that the fish was cold by the time the remainder of the meal arrived. Our waiter promptly filed our water glasses, but made no effort to make us feel welcome or to explain anything on the menu. The specials, which were all fried, were listed on a small paper attached to the menu. We thought we would try this restaurant because it is not part of a chain, but I think we would have had a better meal at a chain restaurant.

Visited April 2013