“Wonderful Food, Exceptional Service - A Fantastic Dinner”

Seafare of Williamsburg
Reserve with OpenTable
Seafare of Williamsburg is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 395 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Richmond Road
Description: A 2012,2013 DIRONA Award Winner featuring three unique dining rooms. The Seafare of Williamsburg introduces a 91-item menu that features fresh seafood, certified prime beef and tender veal. Our speciality is sauton ceramic cooking where seafood is simmered in its own juices and blended with ingredients.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We dined at Seafare tonight, New Year's Eve, and our server, Gerganna, could not have served us better. Moments after we sat down she served a warm sweet bread and took our drink order. When she returned, our water glasses had already been served and she explained the evenings specials and asked if we would like starters. My sister ordered the Chesapeake Bay Oysters (very nice), my brother-in-law ordered the calamari and I ordered the Chopped Salad for 2 that served all three of us and we brought another serving home. As we finished our starters and salad, Gerganna arrived with a palate cleanser of orange sherbet and by the time we had finished, our entrees arrive and were all exceptional. The only, very minor issue was that the baked potatoes were not hot enough to melt the butter. We were served three kinds of bread throughout the meal and chose to not have dessert. The entire experience was delightful.

2  Thank USArmyMom22846

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Party of 8 with reservation arrived on time but was seated at crowded table that barely held 6 adults. Manager acted as if we were not expected. Waiter acted like it was a bother to serve us. Waited 30 minutes to order while waiter served adjoining table. Waiter did not write down any orders. When food finally arrived one entree was missing. No apology given. Missing entree arrived 15 minutes later after everyone else had finished eating. Missing entree (veal Oscar) was hastily prepared and meat was greasy while crab was chewy. No apology from manager and no offer to adjust bill. One couple in the party of 8 are regular customers and were likely embarassed by treatment of their friends. I will never return to Seafare.

Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We dined at Seafare during our visit to Williamsburg. Our intent was to have a nice fish dinner, but we got so much more. The atmosphere is comfortable and pleasant. The servers are more than accommodating. The choices on the menu are varied, the presentation was appealing. And not to forget the quality of the meal.
Great find and a place I would not hesitate to recommend for value, service, and quality

2  Thank Rowan1970
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We have been eating here for ten years and our meal today came with undercooked seafood when bitten into and tried, then told the waiter about it and he took the seafood back that we tried and refried it darker instead of remaking it, We thought this was tacky since what has entered outr mouths was reentered back into the frier The fries were not cooked as well. I hope we don't get sick from the seafood being undercooked!!

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Can I first just say that our waiter, Mr.Eric was absolutely amazing and we cannot wait to see him next summer!!! My parents surprised my boyfriend and I by taking us to the Seafare !! I truly felt like I was having dinner on the Titanic!! It felt so romantic and peaceful. The food was just..excellent. I love the atmosphere and the lady at the front door was very nice! I truly enjoyed myself. My family and I will be coming back very soon!! Thank you Mr.Eric and the Seafare family for a wonderful evening!!!

1  Thank Deja L