“Thanks, TripAdvisor”

Alewerks Brewing Company
Ranked #18 of 89 things to do in Williamsburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Alewerks Brewing Company opened in 2006, foreseeing the increasing demand for quality local craft beer. Alewerks quickly established a reputation for fine brews with a commitment to classic standards while pressing boundaries with bold flavors. Loyal visitors return day after day, month after month and year after year to new developments as Alewerks expands its facility, reach and goals.
Pamplin, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Thanks, TripAdvisor”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I was so glad to find out about this brewery when looking for things to do while preparing for a recent trip to Williamsburg. The previous reviewers gave me a good idea of what to expect. But what really sold me on seeking this place out was tasting their Coffeehouse Stout which was on tap at Second St. (a restaurant in Williamsburg we also enjoyed). It was great to taste their other offerings so I knew which I liked and could purchase most of them by the 6-pack, case, or growler at their tasting room. Wish I would have had time to do their tour also. Thanks to Corbin for the great hospitality!

Visited December 2013

Apex, North Carolina
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“One of he Better Brew Tastings Around”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I visited the Williamsburg Aleworks on a sleepy Saturday November afternoon when Williamsburg was very quiet but this place was hoppin! I had wanted to take the tour and arrived at 2:50 because tours were at 2 pm and 3 pm. I never did get to take the tour as the bartender had us belly up to the bar with the 2 pm tour people which was disappointing but the beer and the service more then made up for that. There must have been at least 30 or more folks in each tour. We tried 7 of their brews and I even enjoyed the pale ales which is unusual for me as I do not usually like the hoppy ales. It was only $4 for the tasing and well worth it. I was told by one of the guests that their Pumpkin Ale has been rated 4th in the nation and I can believe it because it was so good! They work the tours and tastings on more of an honor system so be sure not to forget to pay before you leave. Also, this is the first place I have seen with growler koozies! And they have fancy and steel growlers! This is a must try! I would like to return after the expansion is complete to see what they have planned.

1 Thank ggthor
Raleigh, North Carolina
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Great tour and ale”
Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

That pretty much says it all. I enjoyed the tour and the tasting that followed. All in all it made for a great, low pressure afternoon. The tour guide took his time, answered all questions and took us to the tasting. The tasting included 6 drafts and on special bottle for 6 bucks. Pretty cheap enjoyable entertainment, even for a gray hair. Hope it works out for them. All the brews were good and the traffic seemed good for a weekend. Cheap growlers.

1 Thank MacM54
Boston, Massachusetts
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Fun and good beer”
Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

The tour was interesting. The beer tasting was fun. A limited edition beer which had been aged in bourbon barrels was knock your socks off amazing. A nice way to spend part of an afternoon.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Deborah K
Fredericksburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Love the beer and the people”
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

I have visited the Alewerks taproom several times and have enjoyed every visit. If you love supporting local Virginia breweries, then stopping here is a must! I love all of the beers, but the pumpkin ale, coffeehouse stout, caledonia, and Drake Tail are personal favorites.

2 Thank Rob S