“Very comfortable”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Very comfortable”
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Enjoyed the seating. We had dinner before movie so didn't take advantage of the concessions. Someone's phone kept beeping throughout the movie. Very annoying

Southern Maryland
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Neat idea”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were excited to try this place. We were surprised that on a Saturday night at a 6:15 movie there were only a handful of people in the theater. The food was very good (although pricey, as expected but the portions were very generous). The staff was very helpful (they helped explain how things worked since it was our first visit) and pleasant. The food line moved very quickly. The seating in the theaters is actually like sitting in an upscale office chair. The floor was pretty dirty when we went in, but I assume that is to be expected when people are eating actual meals in the theater. We were told they cleaned the theaters between movies but the floor around our seats didn't look much like it had been cleaned. I liked that the chairs were "moveable" so, unlike in a regular theater, you don't have to share an armrest or be right up against the person in the next seat. I would probably visit here again.

West Bloomfield, Michigan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A few glitches with the concept...”
Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

We didn't know this was a unique movie theater/restaurant until we arrived. The tickets were very inexpensive ($8.95 adult; $6.95 student and over 55) compared to prices in our home town which was a pleasant surprise! Two problems, though...first, they leave the "eating" lights on so the glare bouncing off the table hits you in the eye. If you have trouble seeing in the dark (movie screen) while being blinded by lights (eating lights), you might have a problem - as I did. It didn't bother our teenaged daughter who has less sensitive eyes. Secondly, and slightly more annoying is the constant SQUEEKING of the chairs. The seats are office "desk" chairs and it seems every single one squeeks. We were watching a movie that appealed to a younger crowd so it was non-stop constant squeeking throughout the whole movie. Maybe a little WD40 would solve the issue??

Cookeville, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Unconfortable Seats”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Sorry, this was new to us. I don't go to a movie theater to set in an office chair or at a table. We did not notice the "Tavern" part until we where in the place. We just wanted to go see a movie and have some popcorn. There was hardly anyone in this theater when we were there and I understand why.

Cary, North Carolina
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My friend and I were in town to visit Busch Gardens, but we wanted to catch a movie the night before - this was within walking distance of our hotel so we bought movie tickets. I'm glad we did! Food was fantastic and reasonably priced and the movie tickets were extremely reasonably priced (compared to other movie theaters). We did have wine with dinner, which was fun. I will absolutely be back!

Visited March 2014