“One word--YUM!”

Mad about Chocolate
Ranked #44 of 392 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: MAD about Chocolate is a delicious chocolate cafe in the heart of historic Williamsburg, Virginia. Renowned for generous and gooey cookies, Double MAD brownies, the W&M Tribe cookie, Golly Polly Doodles and and other amazing chocolate confections, MAD also offers lunch, drinking chocolate, home-made ice cream, double-brewed coffee, beer and wine. MAD about Chocolate is open 6 days a week for your chocolate consumption pleasure. All can be enjoyed in the art-filled cafe, our pretty pet-friendly patio or taken to go! We don't just make chocolate. We make happiness.
Cambodia
“One word--YUM!”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I just love this little shop in Williamsburg. The owners and staff are always very friendly and helpful and their desserts are out of this world! I love their cookies and cakes and they also have great drinks as well! If you want quality chocolate desserts this is your place!

Visited June 2013
Connie D, Owner at Mad about Chocolate, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thanks for the wonderful review. The bakers and the sales team keep up with our TripAdvisor reviews, and they will be proud -and happy - to to read yours! We look forward to your next visit.

Pennsylvania
“WOW... Just WOW”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Found this place through Tripadvisor and I'm happy I did. We stopped by for a late afternoon snack and were very happy we did. I went with every intention of trying one of the savory desserts but caved in and had the MAD cake. I have to say it was a little much. So good though. I did share some of it with the rest of the group though. We'll be back!

• Visited July 2013
Connie D, Owner at Mad about Chocolate, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thanks for checking us out on TripAdvisor! We're glad you enjoyed your MAD cake (and it was wise to share it with your friends). Please come back and see us!
Virginia
“Funky interior, nothing funky about the desserts!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

So nice to see Marcel back in the game! His lovely wife, Connie, was on hand to check on me as I finished a decadent chocolate brownie. I saw a couple eating the lunch special which looked divine. I inquired to one of the bakers if Death by Chocolate was still available? She said that the cake had been "improved!" Now THAT I must try next time! Tasting is believing! Kudos to the Desauliniers for their decades-long service to the Williamsburg food scene and continued success.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank hiromita
Connie D, Owner at Mad about Chocolate, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks for all of the nice comments - and I'm glad you enjoyed the food at MAD about Chocolate. The Double MAD brownie is indeed one of our most popular desserts. Please come see us again . . . our desserts change and evolve constantly, so there is always something new.
South Jordan, Utah
“Yummy 8 Layer Cake!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had seen the 8 layer chocolate cake online and decided that we had to stop on our trip and get my husband a piece for his birthday. It was amazing!!! One slice weighed over a pound!! I would give this restaurant a higher score, especially since I was so excited to go, however I was a little disappointed with the service, selection, and atmosphere. 3 employees were standing around talking while one girl worked the register and taking orders. They didn't give us any forks to go with our to-go order and we didn't think about it until we had gotten back home. We had to wait till later to eat it when we could stop somewhere else for forks (torture since it looked sooo yummy!!)
Also, it was a little awkward in the mostly empty small dining room...which had dirty dishes on the tables. There is a super cute little sitting area outside...but it was waaay too hot to sit outside on that day.
The only other thing that looked interesting to us in the dessert case were the brownies.
We decided on just the cake and took it to go. My advice is to stop by and get the 8 layer chocolate cake to go. It's $8.25, but it is worth every penny!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Dani0711
Connie D, Owner at Mad about Chocolate, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
I'm glad you liked the "MAD" cake (our signature 8-layer cake)! Thanks so much for coming to Williamsburg and to MAD about Chocolate. Service is so important to us, and I apologize that we apparently had a lapse when you visited. I'll hope you'll come back again for the MAD Cake - and some of our other goodies.
Crisfield, Maryland
“Awesome Desert”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife had heard about this place from one of her girlfriends and we made a visit. It was worth it. Great place with exceptional desert foods. I got the root beer float with homemade bourbon ice cream, to die for! My wife got the Chocolate Temptation (flour-less cake) which was also awesome. Definitely will be back and wish I visited more throughout our vacation!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Keith T
Connie D, Owner at Mad about Chocolate, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks, Keith - we're glad you enjoyed the Root Beer float and the Temptation. And please thank your wife's friend for telling you about MAD about Chocolate. I hope you'll come back to Williamsburg - and MAD - soon.