Williamsburg Plantation Resort
Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$119
Autograph
Williamsburg Inn(Williamsburg)
$499
Official Website
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
BestWestern.com
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
$100
$93
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$109
Marriott
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
$159
Orbitz.com
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
$200
All reviewsfull kitchenindoor poolwasher dryerliving roommaster bathsecond bedroombusch gardensfree lunchtimeshare tourtennis courtsstove topelectric fireplacetimeshare presentationdvd playervirginia beachguest servicesfirst floor
Reviewed July 29, 2006

Just returned today (7/30/06) from our stay at the Williamsburg Plantation. I was somewhat concerned after reading some of the reviews, but it turned out my concern was completely needless.

Our party included myself, my spouse, and our three teenage sons. We loved Williamsburg Plantation! The layout was very nice. We were in unit 217-B. This unit has a nice kitchen, but no stove/oven (no matter, since beyond breakfast and the occasional lunch, I don't cook on vacation). It did include a two burner hotplate and a very nice electric frypan, excellent for breakfast meals, as well as a full sized fridge, microwave oven, and dishwasher.

Upon entry to the unit, we found a very large master bedroom with a king-sized bed and a flat-screen television on the left. A large, beautiful bathroom opened off of the master, including a shower, commode room, and a jacuzzi tub, as well as a large vanity. This bathroom also opened to the main hallway.

Next was the aforementioned kitchen with a dining table for six, leading into the living area with a pullout queen sleeper sofa and a fireplace/entertainment center with a large flatscreen television/dvd. Beyond this, there was a small balcony with several patio chairs. Off the living area, there was a second, good-sized bedroom with a queen bed with yet another flat screen television and a second full bath, this one with a regular tub/shower set up.

We found the unit to be tastefully appointed in requisite colonial style. No, I would not decorate my home the same way, but I also don't reside in Colonial Williamsburg! The furnishings all seemed to be in good shape, with the exception of a wobbly table leg, which was fixed within 24 hours of our reporting it. There were tasteful, pleasing prints located throughout, and there was nothing lacking in the way of linens, kitchen utensils; we were even provided with laundry detergent and dishwaster detergent.

Right outside of our unit, there was a washer/dryer. This was extremely helpful with three teenagers! The unit was very, very clean, as well, and a vacuum cleaner was provided for quick cleanups.

We enjoyed Williamsburg Plantation tremendously, and would definitely return. Our sons took part in a teen pizza/pool party and an ice cream social at the resort, as well as plenty of pool time (no problems with the pools noted). Its proximity to Williamsburg, Jamestown, Yorktown, Busch Gardens, Go-Karts, miniature golf, and Virginia Beach (all of which we visited) made the stay all the more convenient.

We were asked, upon check-in, about taking part in a property "survey". We politely declined and there was no pressure exerted. On Wednesday, guest services rang our unit to ask again; again, we politely declined and nothing more was said about it.

Check out was also very convenient. Beyond emptying the fridge and cupboards, slapping dirty dishes in the dishwasher, and stripping the linens and stuffing them in a provided bag (same with towels), we simply drove up to the clubhouse and an employee met us and took our room keys and we were on our way.

We have stayed in so many places over the years, and Williamsburg Plantation was one of the nicest, most pleasant stays we have had. We would highly recommend it to anyone.

10  Thank IrishEyes0421
Reviewed July 28, 2006

We stayed at this resort the week of July 22 through July 29, 2006. As many previous reviews say, we were needlessly concerned about this resort prior to arrival. Upon entering our downstairs, full kitchen unit, we were amazed at how spacious and exceptionally clean it was.

The humongous spa, as well as wood sauna in the middle of the second bathroom was like no other. Our kitchen had a full stove and all necessary cleaning products, as well as a washer/dryer in the bathroom. The unit was the size of a regular two-bedroom condo, even with separate buildings and parking like a condo complex.

We enjoyed the outdoor pool greatly a few days, didn't use the indoor pool, and my teen son had a wonderful time at the weekly teen pool party.

Our main negative observation was that the front desk staff weren't very friendly at all, but that wasn't a major point for us.

I would give it a five star rating if it had, say, a golf course or restaurant included, but it was a wonderful place to stay otherwise.

One big vacation tip: Despite the pain that the timeshare sales presentations are, there is one put on by Westgate, sign up at the Golden Corral restaurant on Bypass Road, and request the $10 Busch Gardens tickets for four, total of $40. It will save you $172 off full admission and we found it to be well worth the inconvenience of the presentation for a very poor property that didn't come close to the Plantation property. We figured they paid us $60 an hour to say no, thank you.

Also, you can see quite a bit of Colonial Williamsburg without paying anything. The tickets are just for admission into some of the buildings which our kids had no interest in anyway. Also, the BBQ restaurant there was a huge hit and very affordable.

We also went up to Washington, D.C. for two days, one night, and over to Yorktown for a beautiful drive. Overall a very nice trip and a beautiful resort that made for a very pleasurable trip.

9  Thank pinkyde
Reviewed July 28, 2006

Williamsburg Plantation Resort was a great place to stay!!! We stayed 7 nights on the lower level. The rooms in our 2 bedroom condo were large and decorated beautifully with a colonial air to them. The beds were comfortable and everything was provided to give us the feeling of home. I was surprised to see how clean everything was. I loved the whirlpool bath, very nice and BIG.
The grounds were lovely, and I say that , even tho construction was going on in front of our condo, due to the building more condo`s. Everything was well kept. The pools were great and very clean, my teenage grandchildren loved them. Tennis courts were available and many activities the resort offered. We enjoyed free interenet.
The resort staff were very helpful and apt to please.
I loved the location!! It was close to shopping, food stores,restraunts and Colonial Williamsburg, and just 13 miles from Busch Gardens. There was easy access to all the main roads and attractions. We also enjoyed Virginia Beach, just 50 minutes away.
Some reviews were negative and that dissappoints me because Williamsburg Plantation is a great place to stay! I have stayed at many Resorts in many locations, I have found that Williamsburg Reorts have a different flair to them, I guess it is because they have the colonial theme. For this reason, I think a person feels the resorts are not as nice, but the comfort and enjoyability is there, they just are not as frilly.
I would definately stay at Williamsburg Plantation again, I wish I was there right now. I give them a A++++++.

Stayed: July 2006
11  Thank GoGirl60
Reviewed July 28, 2006

I can't believe the bad reviews I'm reading. Our family of 10 stayed there the week of Jul.9th, 2006. I own at 6 top resorts and have stayed at many other resorts and this was the nicest of them all. The unit was clean,well stocked including dish soap,dishwasher soap,Tide, dishrag & towel, coffee & filters,cutting board,etc.etc. The outdoor pool was large and clean. The indoor pool was a nice size with the hot tub off to the side. There are 4 tennis courts and free rackets & balls. Also basketball,volleyball. FREE computer access in the club. LOTS of FREE activities for all ages. Only cost activities were $1.00 hotdog,chips & ade at the pool, ice cream social for $2.00 and a trip to DC with a fee.. Everything else was free including a movie time for children, crafts,bingo,board games,videos for your use. I asked for a mixer one day and it was there in 5 min. A breaker blew and maint. was there right away even tho' it was a weekend. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. There is a grill and picnic table out back. The grounds are well kept. You could stay here, have plenty of fun and never leave.Wal-Mart and other stores are 4 min. away.The resort is in the middle of upgrading and so some of the complaints mentioned will probably be resolved by time they are done.Two drawbacks- sharing the washer/dryer with another unit and there should be at least a rangetop in the smaller units instead of a hot plate. The only complaint I have is the tap water was overchlorinated. I bought bottled water.I will definitely go back. Give it a chance.!

10  Thank sr06
Reviewed July 27, 2006

We were blow away with the accomodations at Williamsburg Plantation. The rooms were decorated beautifully and had plenty of room. Before going, we read the reviews and were slightly hesitant however after arriving, we quickly came to realize that the negative reviews were wrong. The whole issue with the sheets is that they do not provide "fitted" sheets however we didn't experience any problems. We were on the second floor and the steps are very easy to climb even for my 2 year old. We arrived after hours and felt welcome immediately. Eventhough the main check in was closed, we were quickly processed at the main gate with absolutely no hassles. We didn't get a chance to visit the indoor pool however the outdoor pool was GREAT. It is very handicap friendly and again it was great for my 2 year old to be able to walk straight into the pool. It is extremely convenient to area restaurants, shopping and Busch Gardens. Quick note, when you leave the Plantation, take the parking pass out of your car window because we were approached several times by a competing timeshare which was a pain. We strongly recommend everyone to visit!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family