Williamsburg Plantation Resort
$100
$80
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
Hotels.com
$120
$109
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
$92
  • Pool
$132
$119
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$109
Marriott
Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$119
$170
Williamsburg Inn(Williamsburg)
$499
Official Website
All reviewsfull kitchenindoor poolwasher dryerliving roommaster bathsecond bedroombusch gardensfree lunchtimeshare tourtennis courtsstove topelectric fireplacetimeshare presentationdvd playervirginia beachguest servicesfirst floor
Reviewed March 19, 2006

We just returned from a week long stay at the Williamsburg Plantation Resort. We booked a four bedroom, four bathroom room. It was a two story set, roomy and clean, with two kitchens, one full and one limited kitchen. The resort is large, with lots a great amenities, a huge outdoor pool, closed while we were there due to cold weather, and large indoor lapstyle pool and large very hot whirlpool. There is a nice breakfast nook in the clubhouse, although we did not eat in there. A highspeed computer area, never too crowded, and a game room. The complex was still under construction, but the construction appeared to all be in an area where there were no guests, we never heard any noise. The rooms were a little worn, chairs in the living area were very thread bare, bleach spots on the carpeting and clogged ceiling vents in both bathrooms on each floor.
It had very helpful staff with easy access to the local attractions. Upon checkout the maid barged in and proceded to start cleaning while we were still there, not acknowledging us or making eye contact at all. Glad we were all dressed. I would stay there again, if I could specify a newer room, or building.

14  Thank id72
A TripAdvisor Member
maryland
Reviewed March 2, 2006

Rooms were great. 2 Bedroom villa with a Jacuzzi tub and "fireplace". Service was great. Our DVD player did not work the first evening, someone came out promtly (in the rain) and replaced it for us. Overall the staff and accomadations were really great.
Only downside was that construction was still going on, it was not very loud but just a bit unsightly.

• Stayed: October 2005
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Maryland
Reviewed February 1, 2006

This was not my 1st trip to Williamsburg Plantation since my family has a timeshare there. Overall, the
accomadations are good but I have noticed a decline in
the area of customer service over the past few years.
We had a problem the 1st evening when we wanted to watch a movie & the vcr didn't work. Maintenence didn't come to look at it until the following evening
but we had to call again;all because it had to be connected to the TV in a different way than is normal for vcrs. In addition, the kitchen didn't have a couple of things (dishtowels,ice trays per no icemaker) that had always been provided during previous stays. Had to call twice to request that as well. No problems w/any members of the staff; everyone
was pleasant. However, now that we've had the opportunity to visit another resort in the area-that was above average & less $$, it's clear Willamsbg Plant needs to take any negative reviews very seriously.

• Stayed: January 2006
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 4, 2006

Our stay at Williamsburg Plantation in June 2005 was the worst stay we have ever encountered. I would never return to this resort, or reccommend it to anyone. To think we wasted our one family vacation for the year on this! We should have known from the moment we arrived, when we were being checked in by THE RUDEST Front Desk Manager, that this was the start of a disaster. We woke up every morning by 7am to the sound of nail guns that the construction crew were using to put the new roof on the building next to ours. Then in the middle of breakfast the phone rang..the staff called EVERY morning to see if we had wanted to spend an hour or two out of our day listening to a sales pitch and they'd give us free admission tickets to the area amusement park or the waterpark. We reminded them EVERY morning that we were not interested and stop calling us! Then we went to use the indoor pool and was told by the staff that the indoor pool is under construction and is closed. Finally, we were so disgusted that we actually cut our trip short by two days and went home early. So much for a relaxing vacation...we only have to wait one more year to have one.

Stayed: June 2005
29  Thank justsumchik
Reviewed December 29, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the resort on 12/16-12/23. Overall our stay was OK. The unit was spacious but the layout was a little odd. The master bathroom was connected to the guest room. I asked a girl at the front desk why the master bathroom is connected to the guest room and she said just incase we want to share the Jacuzzi with our guests. This made no sense to us. I have family that live in the area so I invited my younger siblings ages 9 and 10; my husband and I just moved the twin beds together and stayed in the guest room. We participated in Bingo and were impressed with the turnout. Besides Bingo there is not much to do in the winter unless you love to shop. My husband and I were invited for a 45 minute “Survey Meeting”. I asked several staff members about the length of the meeting and all said it would take 30 to 45 minutes. We were told we would get a free meal out of the meeting so we decided to participate. Once we arrived we were greeted by young man and I told him we had to leave in an hour (We had other plans for the day that is why I asked several people about the length of the survey, we wanted to plan accordingly). Once we told him that we had to leave in an hour, he excused himself and came back to tell us he couldn’t do the survey because that would not be enough time. I explained to him we were told on several occasions that the meeting would take no more than 45 minutes. He told us he had never heard of the survey being 45 minutes long and that we were misinformed and had to come back to do the survey when we had more time. That made us furious because we were lied to. The day after we checked out I realized I forgot two electric shavers, blow dryer, and a Brazilian Wax kit. When I called I was told that the room was already occupied and they would call me back once they got a hold of the people. Two days passed and I heard nothing so I called and was told that the house keeper did not turn anything in and I was basically out of luck (I don’t understand why somebody would want to keep a personal shaver and Brazilian wax kit). Bottom line make sure you don’t forget anything because you won’t get it back.

• Stayed: December 2005