We just got back from here (Thanksgiving week) and had quite a few problems. It is for sure not a 5 star resort at all! We had traded through Interval and expected a unit with a full kitchen, and brought Thanksgiving dinner including a 16 lb. turkey. Our first unit (39B) had a little kitchenette, no VCR or DVD player, the fireplace didn't work, unit was dirty and needed maintenece in several areas. When we called, we didn't get good satisfaction even after calling Interval. We were told there were no units available aywhere within a 60 mile radius. PLUS, we discovered our unit was above the model and so from 9 a.m. on, there was a solid stream of people going in and out of our building and talking very loudly and slamming doors...not cool! The next day finally we got a pair of decent front desk employees who arranged for us to move to another unit with a kitchen. Less issues except cleanliness of bathrooms and rugs.
Our unit was ok, but we had horrible trouble with one of the sales staffers who was rude, nasty and wasted an entire morning of our time. We signed up to do the '40 minute survey comparing our home resort with this one". We knew it would be a sales pitch but were very prepared as our home resort truly IS a 5 star, amenity-loaded place and couldn't be compared at all. Like most, we wanted the free goodies they were dangling. The details don't matter but I ended up screaming at the top of my lungs at this rude woman (and I am NOT a screamer by nature)and had to demand to get what they had offered us despite the fact that we had met all of the requirements. Avoid this unless you like being treated poorly!!
We were also bummed that the hot tub in the pool area was unavailable the first day and the staff was very weak in handling our questions about when it would be available.
SO...tips here are that make SURE you get a unit with the amenities you want as there is a wide variety of units, don't allow yourself to be manipulated by the sales staff and just know that this is more like a 3 1/2 star place, and you'll be fine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Williamsburg, Virginia, a town synonymous with American history, is the perfect location for fun-filled family vacationing. At Williamsburg Plantation Resort you are just minutes from the historical sites of Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown Settlement, Yorktown Battlefield and Yorktown Victory center. Also nearby are two award-winning theme parks - Busch Gardens Europe and Water Country USA. Spread out over 78 acres, the Resort features indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools and a host of other amenities including an on-site Spa designed to enrich your stay in one of America's favorite vacation destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HotelsClick so you can book your Williamsburg Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Williamsburg Plantation Hotel Williamsburg
- Plantation Resort Williamsburg
- Plantation Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Plantation Virginia