“Happy new owners!”

Williamsburg Plantation Resort
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I stayed at Williamsburg Plantation over the weekend with my boyfriend and small daugher. We were here for the free stay with the timeshare presentation. We absolutely loved it. The condo was beautiful and very spacious, and the grounds were very nice. The pools, indoor and out were gigantic and crystal clear and the location is perfect. The beds were super comfy and the bathtub was amazing. I never once heard the neighbors (who had multiple kids) so I am inclinded to believe it's more a case of rude neighbors than paper thin walls in the reviews where people complain about the noise. We found the staff to be very nice and very helpful. You do have to sit thru a sales presentation when you are there for the free stay...but everyone knows that going in. If you don't want to sit thru the presentation, you could always just pay for your stay. Our sales person was Chris and he was AWESOME. By the end of the presentation, it felt like we were old friends...and I know that is a good sales persons job, but we felt really comfortable with him and my five year old daugther fell in love with him. She actually found the tour and presentation to be one of her favorite things about the stay, which is kind of unimaginable for a 5 year old. We did purchase a timeshare and will use it elsewhere, but we will return to the Williamsburg Plantation for sure.

Room Tip: If you get the upstairs unit, the washer and dryer are right outside of your door, which we loved...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tiffannette05
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Williamsburg Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for writing because we love to hear from our owners! We’re thrilled that you have chosen Williamsburg Plantation Resort for your vacations and we appreciate the compliments on your accommodations and our amenities. The resort’s team does their best to ensure that everyone feels welcome to Williamsburg and enjoy all of the area’s wonderful attractions. Thank you again for taking the time to comment and we can’t wait to share our hospitality with you again.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with another family in a two bedroom unit. The unit was very spacious and full kitchen was a bonus! Easy walk to the pool and very pleasant staff. Within minutes to all major attractions too!

1  Thank Sashanoelle

We love to hear from all our guests, but we especially love it when they tell us they’ve enjoyed their stay at Williamsburg Plantation Resort! Thank you for taking the time to share and we can’t wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I accepted the opportunity to visit Williamsburg Plantation ”resort” for 3 days june 21-24...worst experience EVER on vacation. The timeshare salesman Mark had me and my wife drive our own car through Williamsburg because his 96 Honda had a ”vaporlock”? He informed us upon meeting us that he would drive through Williamsburg because out was something the company ”makes him do” All of which was none of our business? He then proceeded to speed through Williamsburg at 40 mph in a 25 mph zone? We lost him twice? Horrible.We get to the resort where before we could get on the curve he begins arguing with my wife and telling her the difference between Practical and affordable which he raised his voice at her and argued her down that we could not afford the timeshare and kept insinuating that we stay in Motel 6? Even though I gave my HAWAII driving license at the front desk. He called us a lie to our face because we went to Panama in December, but we had told him our last vacation was to Orlando? My wife is Panamanian and we went there for her uncles funeral, not vacation, but Mark told us we were lying...more than once. We informed him he was being disrespectful and rude and he got worse! We ended this disaster after we informed his supervisor, who then warned us not to look for the guy? The staff was rude, the facilities are old and rundown, there was feces on the womens bathroom toilet and shower at the indoor pool, no water available, the activities were all canceled, the walls are paperthin. I have two daughters and I would never,ever treat them to this kind of thing again. The ”gameroom” is smaller than my master bathroom at home, the games are older than my kids. But the worst was the salesman. I've never left a vacation so rundowm and mentally tired in my life. I would not suggest this place to my worst enemy. Try finding a trash receptacle they're a good walk from your room. Wurst ”vacation” ever and when we informed them they rushed us out the door with barely an apology and acted as if the salesmans behavior was normal? They also gave us the wrong info on who to contact to complain and gave us THEIR fax number instead of cooperate so they could sweep it under the rug. Horrible, never going back and the salesman literally told us he was not trying sell us a timeshare, but rush us out the door so we could get our gifts? Terrible

3  Thank soccerdad76
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Williamsburg Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

We take the time to read and respond to comments from our guests because their feedback is an invaluable tool to assist in correcting areas that are in need. We have had thousands of guests experience our hospitality and it is definitely not our common practice to insult or aggravate them during the sales presentation. The treatment you received is inexcusable and your comments were forwarded to executive management at our corporate office for further review. We’re not aware of any reports of feces found on the wall in the ladies restroom of the indoor pool facility. Periodic inspections are made of the pool area by the custodial staff. We’re sure that during their routine inspection it was handled efficiently or we would have certainly heard from someone. Nor was anyone aware of a water problem in the pool house. Water pressure may be less than desirable at times, and it takes a minute for the water to turn hot, but there has not been a time that the water was shut off. Our Activities Department reports that no planned activities were cancelled the weekend of June 21 – 24, and all pools were operating. There are 12 separate trash receptacle sites all located in easily accessible spots. We're sorry that we couldn’t provide you with a great vacation. Even though you have decided not to return, we hope that that this unpleasant experience doesn’t deter you from visiting Williamsburg in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Me and my best friend stayed here for one week this past week through a week we had in interval, I was a little hesitant staying here based on the reviews, I has stayed at there sister property the colonies a few years ago and loved it. The property is rather large and well kept, the front desk staff was nice and greeted us upon entering. The grounds were clean, there is only security available 11-7 which I found as weird since I never saw a resort that doesn't have 24 hour security. There were some nights were I didn't see anyone at the gate. It would be nice to have someone 24 hours a day at this gate adding extra comfort. This is a big resort with only one indoor and one out door pool, which can get crowded with too many kids which can get annoying as an adult. The room was very large with a full kitchen dinning for four a large living room flat screen in living room and bedroom and a electric fire place in the living room. The bathroom was larger as a small bedroom with a large jacuzzi tub, stand up shower and double sink. We had a nice patio with a chairs and table. There's an apartment size washer and dryer in the hall that a and b unit shares which can get annoying cause our neighbors used the machines constantly!!! The room seemed to have been renovated recently which was nice but we had no pots or pans. We couldn't figure out how to work the AC and it was too cold so we just left it off most of the time. The AC controls are old fashioned and need an update. Our phone buttons did not work properly and we couldn't figure out how to use that either. Everything for the most part was very clean and nice , smelled fresh etc. just in the bathroom on the base boards there's this like juice looking stuff spilled on them all over and the shower had some mildew in the door. The walls in different spots needed a touch up in painting. Being that the room seemed to be updated it was odd too see an old fashioned hotel comfortable on it they creep me out. Otherwise it was a really good stay and I would stay here again.

3  Thank NJ2492
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Williamsburg Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for your 5-star recommendation on Williamsburg Plantation Resort. We’re thrilled that we could provide you and your best friend with a great week getaway. We appreciate your comments because they help us decide on what our guests like about us and what we need to improve. We look forward to sharing our hospitality with you again the next time you want to retreat to Williamsburg.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My boyfriend and myself just stayed here for a weekend. We were brought here to do a timeshare presentation as we had "won" a trip to Williamsburg as I placed my name and information in a box at a local event. I agreed to the $75 deposit and decided to take them up on the offer.

We arrived Friday evening around 8pm. The line at reception was rather long; however, it really didn't take them long to get through everyone. The person that I spoke with was a male and he had a great attitude and was wonderful at checking us in. I wish I remembered his name as he was really great. He even called us not long after we arrived to our room to see if everything was up to our standards.

We stayed in Unit 246B. This was on the back corner of the property. You have a key to go into your unit and then there is and upstairs or downstairs. We were downstairs so we used our key to get into the downstairs area and then the key to get into our room which was on the left side; therefore, we had to use our key to get to the unit 3 times before making it into our room. I did not find this aggravating at all but some might. It felt very secure.

In the hallway outside our room door there was a washer and dryer to be used by both units on the bottom floor. We did not use ours as we were only there a weekend; however, it is useful to have this. Upon walking into the room, you view the large dining and living areas. To your immediate left is the master bedroom. Through the master bedroom is the master bath which contains a sink/vanity area, a Jacuzzi tub, a walk in shower, and a small room for a toilet. This room contains a king sized comfortable bed with a ceiling fan, a flat screen TV, and a closet with a safe.

The second bedroom was also on the left side but to the back near the sliding glass doors. This room had a large sized bathroom with a full sized tub and shower combination, toilet, and sink/vanity area.

The kitchen was a small area and had most everything you needed. It had a full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, sink, cabinets with dishes, and pots and pans. Some units do come with more amenities. We had gone to the grocery store and upon returning realized we did not have a stove. We were able to improvise though as there was a plug in 2 burner unit we found in the cabinet and a nice electric skillet as well as there are grills out the back sliding doors. You do have a small patio area with a table and two chairs outside the sliding doors and there are a few picnic tables between the buildings and there was a small playground as well.

The table next to the kitchen would seat 6 comfortably and there is a sofa and chair in the living room. It is an open floor plan for the two. There is a large flat screen TV above the gas fireplace.

Everything was really clean and I saw no signs of wear at all. I read the reviews prior to going and was a little worried; but everything was immaculate! I was also worried that we would hear a lot of noise from the neighbors as many complained of paper thin walls and warnings of being in the downstairs rooms. I heard someone walking only one time in my whole weekend stay. We stayed in the room most of the time with the exception of 3 and 1/2 hours at the pool.

This resort was relaxing and peaceful. We really enjoyed it and it felt like home away from home! They have plenty of activities for kids if you go as a family. The tennis courts looked really nice and I wish I had the time to use them! There are basketball courts and volleyball as well.

It is in a great location to most everything you need to see and do in Williamsburg. There is a 7/11 convenience store within walking distance if needed from the resort entrance. If you turn right at the 7/11, you will get to the Food Lion, AMF bowling lanes, and some restaurants within about a mile. Richmond Road runs into this area where many of the local restaurants can be found along with a couple of General Stores, souvenir shops, and further down is historic Williamsburg.

All in all I had a great stay! As far as the timeshare presentation goes, we were told at check in that the only appointment left was 8:30am Sunday. This was great to us in that we could relax all day Saturday and had to check out at 10am on Sunday anyway. We checked out early and made our way over there. It is true that the person you are set up with takes you on a tour of the Williamsburg area first. We had Tierra. She took us to a few beautiful spots, through the historic areas and then off to Williamsburg Plantation where we had stayed. We both enjoyed the tour part. We then were taken upstairs above the reception area and shown all the awards and the different properties within the program. After that, we walked to a unit which was comparable to the one we stayed in with the exception that it had an oven in the kitchen. We discussed the program and were not interested. After this, a guy came over to talk to us about more options. At the end of that, we were taken for our gifts. At that point we were talked to again by another lady for another option and then finally given our gifts. We didn't leave till 1:15pm; between the drive around and discussion between 3 different people, we were there 4 hours and 45 minutes. That does eat up a whole lot of time; however, all of them were professional with us and I enjoyed the ride around part. To me, the whole stay was worth it. I don't like doing the timeshare discussion thing and I don't think many people do. Therefore, if you can't handle the time out of your day, then don't do it. Afterwards, we headed to Virginia Beach with our gift card and had some great seafood ocean front and relaxed on the beach.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kts70281
vacationvillage, Guest Relations Manager at Williamsburg Plantation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for the great review! We take great pride in the services that are offered for our guests and we’re so happy that you enjoyed your time with us at Williamsburg Plantation Resort. Your detailed comments about your stay will surely help future travelers get the most out of their own vacation. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope we may welcome you again for another peaceful retreat in Williamsburg.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Williamsburg, VA is a great destination with many great things to do. Williamsburg Plantation is a great place to stay to see the area sites or just relax. We stayed in a two bedroom two bath unit with a full kitchen. Check in and out were very quick and efficient. All of the staff were friendly and helpful.The unit was very nicely appointed with everything we needed. The environs of the resort were very attractive with very well thought out landscaping and decorations. Everything was clean and maintained. The activities center was centrally placed and within easy walking distance for all units. The resort is very centrally located for all of the Williamsburg area attractions. The resort had a full slate of activities most were oriented for the kids. The only cons I might mention is the internet is available in the rooms only through pay as you go. Free internet is available in the activities center. Also the $75 deposit on the room is freed after nearly three weeks, an unnecessarily long time to wait. Make sure you read the detailed instructions on how to properly clean and leave your room so you won't get penalized. Overall this resort was a positive experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jonnie S

Thank you for a great review. We’re so happy to read that you enjoyed your time at Williamsburg Plantation Resort and that your accommodations and our staff exceeded your expectations. Our employees take great pride in delivering attentive service to guests, and sharing this type of feedback lets them know that their hard work doesn't go unnoticed. We hope you decide to come back to Williamsburg soon!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed at the Williamsburg Plantation during the Memorial Day Weekend. Our family loves to travel together and we were looking for a place that was family friendly. This location is large. However, we were surprised that from the point of check in, most of the workers were not friendly at all. The area for morning Coffee was not inviting and mimicked a self-serve deli area. DVDs are outdated and not relevant to the times especially for young children. (check Nick jr.) Please do not waste your time with the time share presentation for their sister location. They give you lunch vouchers and tickets to a water park. The problem is that you have to sit for at least 4 hours to listen to sales people who never end at trying to get you to buy at the new property. Also the place they send you to for lunch allegedly closes at 4. But when we arrived, it was 4 and the place looked like a ghost town and was closed. So we lost 4 hours of our vacation for what was promised to be a 50 minute presentation for 2 water park tickets. Save your vacation time and pay for your tickets. Our room was good. Not great but good. The kitchen was VERY DIFFICULT to cook in. This is particularly important if you plan on cooking for a large family! There were some problems with hot water for most of the stay. Unlike other resorts that I have visited, not a single person ever checked in to ask how things were going. You pay for all extras, towels, housekeeping, Wi-Fi. The rooms however were clean and in relatively good condition. Both the indoor and outdoor pools were NOT HEATED!!!! How can such a large plantation be so cheap! The water was FREEZING!!!! We had small children and it was difficult for us to enjoy this ONLY other thing to do at this plantation. We took the kids to VA beach instead. Yes, small activities were planned by their staff, but again, they were not friendly to families, relevant to teen-agers and simply boring. They need a facelift and a committee in place to help them get new ideas on board and more modern features in place all around. Having said all of that I did like the space that the rooms provided. The children had plenty of room for crawling and playing with toys ect. Sofas and other furniture should be tossed as they are scuzzy and stains are a bit questionable. We refrained from sitting on the sofa and would have never pulled it out for sleeping!!! Leather or leather like material might be an investment, but will wear better, look better and be more sanitary for everyone. Great place for close location to Bush G. and Dominion. Shopping was AMAZING and eateries such as Red Lobster and OutBack are close by. Captain George seafood spot was o.k. Overall this plantation could be GREAT if they made some improvements and updates. They also need to work on hospitality and first impressions at the check-in. We would go again with the hopes of seeing some kind of change in the future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Debo811

Thank you for sharing the highlights of your vacation with us. We’re disappointed to read that our property didn’t meet your expectations during your stay. It is our priority to provide guests with exceptional service and accommodations and we apologize that we fell short of these expectations. We hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we may have a future opportunity to prove that we are not only the friendliest, but also the best resort value in Williamsburg.