My husband and I were contacted via phone to claim a "free vacation" we had "won". While I knew it was likely a time share ploy and despite reading horrible reviews on this website and others, we agreed to a 2-night stay and $200 gift card in exchange for our participation in a 90 minute tour. I knew what I was getting myself into and since I had no intention of purchasing, I thought it couldn't be that bad.
I'll start by saying our "tour" was a joke and consisted of being driven around Williamsburg for an hour that did NOT count toward our 90 minute obligation, basically against our will since we were forced to leave our car and ride with an employee. After arriving (back) at the resort we were taken into a room full of overly eager sales people and potential buyers who all looked scared and unimpressed. They served hotdogs and popcorn and coffee in styrofoam cups like a used car lot. Our sales person was rather persistent but not offensive but the presentation went on and on and on and ....
After 3 hours we returned to the reception office to pick up our gift card. This is when the aggressive, high pressure and downright rude sales pitch came into play. Another 20 minutes of the song and dance and the sales person, KEVIN, got noticeably irritated and changed his tone to be much more degrading and taunting. I eventually closed the book and stood up at which time he rudely remarked "have a good day" as he walked away angrily.
All this said, the hotel is alright...nothing more and the central location is great. However, I would never do business with this company or any affiliate based solely on my interaction with the pack of wolves that are the sales staff. Like I said, I knew what to expect but could not have prepared myself for the completely shocking and unprofessional behavior of the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Williamsburg, Virginia, a town synonymous with American history, is the perfect location for fun-filled family vacationing. At Williamsburg Plantation Resort you are just minutes from the historical sites of Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown Settlement, Yorktown Battlefield and Yorktown Victory center. Also nearby are two award-winning theme parks - Busch Gardens Europe and Water Country USA. Spread out over 78 acres, the Resort features indoor and outdoor heated swimming pools and a host of other amenities including an on-site Spa designed to enrich your stay in one of America's favorite vacation destinations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Williamsburg Plantation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Williamsburg Plantation Hotel Williamsburg
- Plantation Resort Williamsburg
- Plantation Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Plantation Virginia