“"What a Wonderful Four Day Vacation With Family"”

King's Creek Plantation Resort
Ranked #15 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
Richmond, Virginia
“"What a Wonderful Four Day Vacation With Family"”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Let me start by saying Kings Creek Resort is one the BEST RESORT! I ever stayed in. Trust me my wife and I stayed in a many in our time. I am not just saying this because I am a member, years before we became members we visited other resorts from the east coast to the west coast and found Kings Creek Resort to be one of the most friendly and nicest resort we've visited. We were there Nov. 28, 2013 to Dec. 1, 2013. My Mother planned the entire event. We stayed in The Townes and WOW! we had the whole unit A & B up and down. We only had one minor problem which was resolved. Everybody and had great time and everything was near by etc. shops, resturants, and them parks. We had plenty of room for everyone. My children and grand-kids, my brothers and sister and their family. My family did not want to leave so I promise them we will return on the 21st of December in about 3 weeks from now. The bed rooms, the living room, and kitchen, all was satisfying, like a home away from home. If you ever have that opportunity go I am sure you will agree.
Thanks Kings Creek Plantation Resort for making our time there memberable!!

Room Tip: If you have a choice; pick a room over looking the pool great view!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We highly value your Ownership and we sincerely appreciate the wonderful comments you made. Shared experiences encourage us all to continue to work hard to satisfy our Owners and Guests. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
Long Island NY
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I had a similar very distasteful experience as several other reviewers...and I'm ashamed I fell for it! In my case, I was called and invited to visit. The salesperson told me their "rules" including that married people must visit with spouse. When I said I was separated, she immediately said "that's ok, since you are female, we can put you down as single then and you can still qualify." Once I agreed to a visit she turned me over to another woman who warned me she would be recording my responses and started reviewing the offer with me. When she got to "and you are single?" I paused for an obviously long time wondering what was up...then said "I guess for these purposes I am?..." Rather than her questioning this odd response, or further clarifying anything she moved right on. I mention the whole conversation as it clearly illustrates the duplicity of Kings Creek Plantation's business practices... One representative reels in a prospect dishonestly -- but that is NOT recorded...then the other rushes through the questions and moves quickly to getting a credit card number. WARNING: I WOULD NEVER SIGN A CONTRACT with these people! Of course, the end of the story was that once I drove 8 hours to get there, they refused to give me the spiel when I indicated I was separated (not single) on the check-in paperwork. This naturally gave them a reason to charge me $300 penalty!!! Yes, it is all there in the small print...and when I protested, I was just handed a slip of paper with the 877-557-3529 number previously mentioned to pursue the matter. Upon calling they conveniently had that recording of only HALF the conversation to prove I hadn't said I was separated! What a set up! I was a fool...and I'm ashamed it was so easy for them.

As for the place itself...it is quite mediocre. I am used to much nicer places. These are TINY. The living/dining/kitchen is only 10x14! They are VERY inexpensively built with no soundproofing. The TV in the living room area is a 15" mounted to the wall ABOVE the refrigerator...very hard to watch. There is a sofa, coffee table and a small dining table shoved up against the wall. The plastic box shower has a horrible weak shower head and a curtain that is 6" too short so water is on the floor. There is no lockbox, no luggage racks (or even chairs in the bedroom to put your suitcases on), no housekeeping (they even ask you to clean before leaving!), no curtains or pillows or other decorative touches. Clearly maintainance is having a hard time keeping up with the cheap construction. The best thing was the bed...it was comfy. All said, it is adequate for two but not at all luxurious and the location is quite far from Colonial Williamsburg.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank kdsteel
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
The satisfaction of all of our Guests and Owners is our priority. We make every effort to clarify the requirements of a discounted travel package at the time of sale. We apologize if a package you bought was sold to you under terms and conditions that were unclear to you prior to your visit. The terms are in writing in your confirmation letter and reviewed again in the pre-visit confirmation phone call. If a Guest comes to preview the Resort and does not meet the requirements, a $300 fee is assessed, which is also indicated in the confirmation letter sent prior to the visit. We understand that you have already been contacted and that your issues were resolved to your satisfaction.
phila
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm an owner at KCP for three years. I've read the below reviews and agree with just about all of them. It's nice that management is reading them and writing a reply but instead of reading them and giving excuses or some number to call you should address them. While you say you have security , you don't or they just need to be replaced . I have never been stopped at the front gate to verify that I belong there, why is that if you're so secure? Having security is more than having a booth at the entrance. Yes the location is great but the rooms need to be kept up to date. I'm with the other people, we don't like lights shinning in our rooms all night long.
Another thing is the sales staff, you either have never been to a sales pitch or encourage what they do but your sales staff flat out misrepresents your product and when you mention that to somebody they tell you that person no longer works there. I'll be back but you as a owner cannot be so oblivious to think that all of these complaints are just random instances. Drive through the front gate and tell me how many times you got stopped before you reply to me.
Thanks.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank bigboss134
The Executive Management and Staff at King's Creek sincerely desire that our Owners and Guests enjoy the time they spend with us. That includes our Owners feeling both secure and confident that their comments matter. Our Resort is not a gated community. The Security booth at our entrance only serves as a check point after 11:00 pm in the evening. Security personnel is on property at all times, making rounds and serving the Resort overall. In all areas requiring improvement, we take serious note and we endeavor to take positive action. Extensive upgrades and new construction is currently underway. In addition, our sales staff is constantly under review so that they continue to meet the standards and integrity our company requires. We appreciate your insightful feedback and value you as an Owner.
Asheboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Just finished my second week at the Plantation this fall. The two bedroom units in The Townes are very nice, spacious and clean. Great location close to Williamsburg. The staff is exceedingly friendly and responsive. We needed more coffee cups and they were delivered within ten minutes. Needed a lighter for the grill and it was delivered within ten minuted also. We rented these two weeks and are considering buying two weeks.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff accommodated your needs. We would be happy to offer any assistance in providing information on the benefits and privileges of Ownership at King’s Creek Plantation. Just give us a call if you have any questions at all. We hope to see you real soon!
Columbus ,Ohio
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed in a 2 bedroom unit in the older part of the area. The condo was quite large with a full kitchen and fireplace. Bedrooms upstairs were spacious and quiet. Staff was very friendly. Maintenance was responsive when called for small problems-ice maker and improving upstairs and downstairs vents. Good location for visiting area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gathp
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for so much for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback from your recent visit to King’s Creek. We promise not to take it for granted since we are always striving to be even better. Great service starts with great Guests and we are only satisfied when you are. We happily await your next visit!
Northeastern Ohio
Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I are owners at King's Creek and thoroughly enjoyed our recent week's vacation. We stayed in a recently upgraded three bedroom cottage and enjoyed the benefits of new carpet, furniture and pillowtop mattresses. Check-in was a breeze this time and when asked to schedule an owner's update meeting we notified the staff we were not looking to upgrade or change our contract. In previous visits we've endured three and four hour presentations, but this time we remained firm and the salesman was very gracious and accepted the fact that we had no intentions of upgrading. Our preschooler daughter loved the pool area and playground, and we enjoyed relaxing on the front porch sitting in the rocking chairs. This was our fourth trip to Kings Creek and the best one yet!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Thomas0511
It is fantastic to hear our Owners express such wonderful sentiments as those you just mentioned. We appreciate having you as part of our Resort family; your shared experience will benefit us all! Now that you’ve told us that your fourth visit to King’s Creek was the “best one yet”…we can’t wait to see you on visit number five!
baltimore
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We are owners here with every other year access.Recently we received a Promotional offer from King's Creek Plantation Resort for a 4 day/3 night stay for $79.00. It sounded good and we decided this would work for us. This unit was indeed small, similar to a studio apt with a condensed kitchen. To keep costs down we had brought along a few groceries, Sun am we baked some sausage, onions and potatoes-this set off the 2 smoke alarms and we could not even see any smoke. Thank goodness we had lovely neighbors who were already up. The bed was a kingsize (no fitted sheet), but, unless you like pillows that have the feel and give of a rolled up blanket, bring your own. The stackable w/d was nice, the unit was clean and very simple-no frills, it was basic accomodations. I was a little disappointed to be the recipient of less than the expected "standard" for time share owners. The phone and the alarm clock did not work, we reported this to the staff at the desk, but neither was replaced. Oh, the ice-cube maker was really, really slow in maiking ice.
The presentation was lengthy, about 2 and a half hours. I am going to learn to say " you have 90 minutes and then we are leaving", and mean it. Of course the cure-all is to buy more points, from us they wanted $10,500-upgrading to a 2 bedroom. No way!

Room Tip: Request something that is not bare bones basic, we had Unit 304B. Did not realize that they have min...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank redcatcec
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Kings Creek Plantation appreciates and values all of our Owners. Our promotional offers, such as the one you chose (4 days/3 nights for $79), are an attempt to host our Owners for spontaneous visits at very reasonable rates. We would never take our Owners for granted and the quality of any visit with us should be satisfying and enjoyable. We are sorry to hear that your recent stay with us did not meet or exceed your vacation expectations. We acknowledge that the 1 Bedroom Cottage- Suite is the smallest of our units. As you know, our variety of accommodations (Cottages, Townes and Estates) feature different amenities, from 1-4 bedrooms, some with jetted tubs and our larger units with 3.5 baths. We certainly look forward to your next visit and accommodating you in a much larger unit. We appreciate your comments; shared experiences will serve to make us even better.