“Stay away from Kings Creek Plantation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of King's Creek Plantation Resort

King's Creek Plantation Resort
Ranked #18 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“Stay away from Kings Creek Plantation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Think twice before you book or buy at Kings Creek. We stayed there for three nights, the units are so poorly constructed. During the night you could hear your neighbors walking and talking as though they were in your unit. In fact, one night I got up because I thought someone really was in the house downstairs. When toilets are flushed or someone is in the shower, there is so much noise from the water pipes in the walls that you cant even hear the tv in the bedrooms. No difference if you are sitting in the living room. So many little short cuts taken there are too many to mention.

I also bought this weekend from a show. I booked my weekend down there and when it came time for me to take my tour, I was turned down. I asked if I would be charged additional money because I was not allowed to tour and the front desk told me no. Guess what? Today I received a $300.00 charge on my credit card. I have been on the phone with them for over an hour now and they keep telling me they cannot do anything for me. Hopefully my credit card company can. STAY AWAY FROM KINGS CREEK!!!!!

5 Thank RoniG1
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
King’s Creek offers three different types of accommodations; Cottages, Townes, and Estates. They each have unique characteristics; from 1-4 bedrooms, upstairs and downstairs units, each offer an array of amenities, style lay-outs, etc. In any and all cases, “Guest satisfaction” is our main concern. We sincerely apologize if we failed to meet our goal in your case. Your shared experience will serve to make us better. There is a required $300 charge (in writing prior to the visit) associated with a Guest who accepts the terms of a “special preview tour package” and then fails to meet those terms. If there is an error in your case, we would like to address it immediately. Please contact our Reservations Supervisor directly at 1-877-557-3529. We would be happy to assist you in this matter. Thank you for your feedback and we appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Louisville, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked this at a home show in KY. We were told that we would have a cottage and no neighbors. This was key to us as we have 3 young boys who are noisy. We are always asking them to be quiet so as not to disturb others. Not only did we not get a cottage, we ended up with a 2nd floor unit which was quite an inconvenience with our disabled 3 year old who is not able to walk up and down stairs unassisted. The place was clean. The time share tour was typical. At first they wouldn't let us take the contract to review. By the time we saw what a hassle it was to get it, we were over the place. That was sad because we were seriously considering it, but consider ourselves lucky to not deal with this place anymore.

Room Tip: Make sure you don't end up with a 2nd floor unit.
1 Thank 4duffys
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
We always try to cater to our Guest’s special needs and requests. Most of our Cottages have stairs that would require you to climb to get to the bedrooms. We are very sorry that your accommodations did not suit your needs. King’s Creek encourages our Guests to speak to our Front Desk if they desire adjustments to their accommodations or have special needs. Though it is dependent on availability, we are always happy and willing to assist our Guests. We are hopeful of a second opportunity to have you stay with us while visiting our beautiful and historic city, Williamsburg, VA!
Oak Forest, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

RCI rated this property excellent. Disney and Marriott are excellent, this place is not. It was an old cottage which had been updated. It was clean. The kitchen was so small that I had a problem making coffee because of the limited space. Pools were not useable as too many unchapperoned children and young adults took them over. It is not close to anything but Water Country. It was quite a distance to find decent restaurants. Very disappointed in this exchange. Next time I will sell my Disney week and stay in a very upscale hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Richdeni
We are happy to have an excellent rating and we work hard to maintain it. Of course, we are always appreciative of feedback and regret that you did not find your accommodations enjoyable while staying with us. There are some great restaurants just minutes from King’s Creek Plantation such as Le Yaca French Restaurant (just 2.82 miles from the Resort), Doraldos Italian Restaurant (3.2 miles away), and Second Street American Bistro which is only 4.2 miles away from the Resort, just to name a few. During our peak season there can be an increased volume in our pools due to more Guests wanting to enjoy the amenities of our Resort. We recommend a second visit, perhaps in our Estates section, which is our newest addition.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Kings Creek Plantation is a rip off. They have false advertisement when they come to Federal Agencies to sale their property. Everyone doesn't have credit cards and pay cash for everything! Kings Creek charged me an additional $300 because they turned me down from taking a tour! I have credit because I own a home and a time share but I don't carry credit cards! They are the worst when it comes to customer service. Where I work having credit is a must! I will report this to my agency so they won't invite the representatives from Kings Creek again!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Levest
We make every effort to clarify the terms and requirements when the discounted packages are sold. We apologize if a package you bought was sold to you under terms and conditions that were unclear to you prior to your visit. The terms are in writing in your confirmation letter and reviewed again in the pre-visit confirmation phone call. We certainly welcome all of our Guests regardless of the payment method they would like to use. However, in our discounted packages that are associated with a preview of our Resort, there are stipulations that must be met. If a Guest comes to preview the Resort and does not meet the requirements, a $300 fee is assessed, which is also indicated in the confirmation letter sent prior to the visit.
Plainville, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I purchased a 3 day "golf vacation" at a Golf Show in Hartford, CT. We added 2 additional nights and brought our son and 2 grandsons. My expectation was for a friendly, clean place to spend our vacation. Because Kings Creek is a time share we were required to listen to a sales presentation. I will not comment on thepresentation as it did not influence my review.
The unit that we had was a disappointment. The carpeting was damp and dirty, the entrance way was dirty and full of bugs - The service was very impersonal and not at all friendly. There was no housekeeping.
The first night we went swimming in the indoor pool. The water was cloudy. And the area had a foul smell. We did not use any of the on site facilities because of that experience. When I inquired about our free golf package, I was told to come back later as "the guy who knows about the golf isn't here now." We ended up now playing golf.
I will not go back.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Plainville_CTHeidi
We encourage any and all Guests to inform the Front Desk if they experience the rare occurrence of what you described. We work very hard to maintain our excellent ratings and would never accept conditions that do not meet our standards or the expectations of our Guests. King’s Creek sincerely apologizes that your experience with us was not satisfactory. We certainly appreciate you sharing this valuable feedback so that we may address areas where improvement is needed. Thank you.
Middletown, Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We bought a 3 night/4 day trip at the Delaware State Fair. I did book our trip at the last minute so I had to pay extra to stay in the larger estates than the cottage I originally paid for as they. We're sold out. The reservation center was pleasant but the offer changed every time i spoketo them and they insisted i had 3 children, when i am pretty sure i only have 2. The property was spacious which we enjoyed. I would say based on the age of the estates I would be concerned about long term upkeep and visiting again in the future. Although the unit was generally clean, the walls and baseboard clearly had not been washed down, maybe ever. The walls are very thin. I kept thinking my kids had gotten out of bed when it was actually the neighbors milling around.

As for the timeshare presentation, they definitely went well past the 1 hr to 1 1/2 hrs we were promised when we bought the package. It is true that after you decline the high priced timeshare, they take you upstairs to try to sell you again. I know this sounds petty but if you say the presentation includes breakfast, and you want me to spend $25,000, you might want to offer more than powdered creamer and donuts.

We did enjoy the size of the unit, the shuffle board and indoor pool (3 hrs with no towels at pool though). We had a fun time as a family and the resort didn't make or break or trip. I would definitely visit williamsburg again and rent a timeshare, just not sure it would be this one

1 Thank Lisalouhoo
KingsCreekPlantation, Owner at King's Creek Plantation Resort, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
We appreciate the time you spent with us and sincerely apologize if an extended Sale Preview interfered with precious family vacation time. Your time and the confidence you placed in King’s Creek is very valuable to us. We work very hard to maintain the upkeep of our accommodations and are always working on improvements to ensure all of our Guests enjoy their visit. Our goal was to enhance your vacation experiences. To that end, we will continue to work harder to accomplish that goal. Thank you for your feedback.
Bohemia, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Within a 10 mile radius to Water Country, Busch Gardens and Colonial Wiliamsburg the place was great with nice pools, activities for the children and a nice atmosphere. Barbecues are available for use and the pools are well maintained and set up so kids of all ages can play there.

• 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your vacation experience with us! We always enjoy hearing that our Guests had a great time while staying at King’s Creek. Why not start planning now for your next visit…?!