“Great place to stay.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg
Ranked #39 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Loved this hotel - very clean - well kept. Will be staying here in the future. I feel you can't go wrong with a Holiday Inn Express. The front desk people were very helpful - with things to do and see and places to eat.

Room Tip: All rooms were great.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Kathy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

I will share your expereince with all the staff at the hotel. I am happy that your stay was enjoyable and the service you received was top of the line. I am please that you will make the Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg your hotel of choice!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Checked into a full house and upon arrival to the room and notice a very strong odor such as deodorizer. Called down to see if we could move...no can do as I said full house. So I asked PLEASE do not us ant chemical while we were there.No problem they were very apologetic and asked what they could do..well not a thing really. So we opened the window, walked over to La Plaza mexican restaurant next door and brought back some food..Ha just the trick to slow down the odor. The room was nice, clean, and everyone waned to help but there wasn't a thing that could happen short of steam cleaning the carpet. But it went away after a day or so..thank goodness. Each morning we were greeted with a USA today paper at the door and lots of smiles at the hot breakfast area...pretty good if you are there early...( I like soft scrambles). But fresh fruit and yogurts and breads,biscuits and cereals all fresh and kept stocked throughout the morning. Everyone including maintenance was very helpful..our A/C went out Sunday night about 9pm didn't call until the am and it was replaced within 2 hrs. Yep wheeled in a new one..I would stay here again for sure. They went out of their way to make our stay good and we were there for 7 nights. If you have an issue with chlorine smell stay up at least on the 2nd floor as the indoor pool tends to get a ton of traffic and the kids leave the doors open...need not say more. All good though and indoor pool is a nice addition. Thanks to the crew. We are priority club members and received a great rate as well.

Room Tip: If you have perfume type allergies you may want to check the room, it may have just been a fluke but...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Glen R
Kathy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

I am so happy you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday inn Express and Suites. I will ensure the staff of the hotel hears your comments. I look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Williambsurg.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Very confortable place to stay at a reasonable rate. The front desk staff is fantastic, always greets you with a smile, and is the reason I gave 4*'s. The hotel is is a great location with tons of shops and restaurants all around. The rooms are functional and clean, although for a suite, it was underwhelming. Didn't check out the pool or free breakfast. Would come here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Kathy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express. I will pass on to the great comments to all the staff. I look forward to you next visit to Williamsburg and the Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was in Williamsburg for Labor Day weekend for a friend's wedding. I found the Holiday Inn Express to be very welcoming, with a great front desk staff. I asked about local area attractions and also for suggestions of things to do in the evening and the girl at the front desk was very kind and provided great suggestions. I came into contact with the maintenance staff as well, and the gentleman was very kind and offered great service. In the morning, I found the breakfast attendant to be very sweet and attentive. With a busy holiday weekend, I was surprised at well she stayed on top of everything! I like how property is closely located to main road, so when we did not feel like driving we could walk to various places. Overall, I enjoyed my time at the Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Kathy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for the great comments about the staff. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure that everyone knows how much you appreciated the hospitality they offered. I look forward to your next visit with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Williamsburg.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our stay was not what we expected. After obscene amounts of traffic on our way in we arrived with our two small children at 1 am. On our way to our room we encountered an awful smell in the hall but thought we'd address it in the morning...until we noticed that the odor was coming from our room. It wreaked of mold and wet dog. My husband and 4 year old suffer from allergies and had an immediate reaction to the smell. We called the desk to tell them we needed a new room and were told that, "um we are sold out.". After a little work we were finally moved to ANOTHER hotel at 1:30 am. We finally ended up back at this hotel the following day and asked how we would be compensated for this since we already paid in advance for our vacation package. The manager said she would get back to us. It is 12 days later and not response. Our new rooms furnishings and décor were fine but the housekeeping standards were below average. Our bathroom had lots of hair on the floor and in the tub when we checked and my 4 year old found a cold medicine packet on the floor near the night stand. Last but not least the pool water quality was questionable. The water was very cloudy/dirty looking and I was uncomfortable having my children swim in it. On a more positive note the breakfast room attendant was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Over all the hotel was just "ok".

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GIgiCT0428
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear GIgiCT0428,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, VA. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Visiting Busch Gardens with my boyfriend, we love roller coasters, and I always try to go with the Holiday Inn Express brand when traveling. I was not disappointed. Check in was quick and easy. The room was clean, nice and comfortable. All we needed for one night. It was in a nice and safe location. Close to a few fast food restaurants down the road. The breakfast was nice and fresh. Only thing I didn't like was that check out was not until noon and they stopped breakfast at 9:30. We would have missed breakfast if we slept in but we planned accordingly. Great place to stay for the night. We will definitely return to this place on our next trip to Williamsburg.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kathy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your visit with us at the Holiday Inn Express during your roller coaster adventure at Busch Gardens. I have taken note of your concerns with the Breakfast hours and will be evaluating the possibility of expanding the hours next summer. I look forward to your next visit to Williamsburg.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here as an impromptu extension of our vacation. The room description listed our room as a 1 bedroom suite with a sleeper sofa, which it was, but the description made it sound as though the bedroom portion of the suite was a separate room as in it had a door. It did not. The shower drain was slow to drain, and service requests were slow. The hot breakfast was mediocre at best. We have stayed at other Holiday Inns with better hot breakfast bars. The pancakes from the pancake machine had a rubbery taste to them and the machine stopped working the first day we were there. The breakfast hours end at 9:00 which would be fine if it wasn't vacation season when there is a peak time of tourist coming to the theme parks... When we came back to our room after being gone all day our room had been left open by the staff. When we called to complain about it the person on the phone apologized but that was all as though that should be sufficient, the manager never talked to us.... We didn't press the issue further because baed on that response we immediately made the decision that we would never stay here again.
It is easy to get to and from the theme parks and outlets from the hotel and there are plenty of convenient dining options for either in restaurant dining or delivery.
You can stay at nicer hotels and resorts for about 20 bucks more a night. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013

I would like to thank you for your observations during your stay at the Holiday Inn Express. I have noted your frustration about the Suite not meeting your expectaions. I am re-evaulating the description of the suite so that our guest will be more informed of the room type they are looking to reserve. I would also like ot speak with you about your additional challenges you had during your stay. I strive to ensure all my guest are satisfied. If you would like to speak to me about your addtional concerns, please feel free to contact me at 757.941.1057 or at hixgmwillva@ltdhospitality.com.