“Great Staff”

Ranked #34 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Manassas, Virginia
“Great Staff”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

From the moment we walked in the staff was extremely helpful, giving directions and suggestions for a great place for dinner. Room and pool were great. Great location to all attractions and plenty of dining. Breakfast buffet was great although we skipped it Sunday because there were no tables.

Definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Happy T
kstudwell, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Williamsburg, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay with us. It is always great to hear good comments about our staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Let's start with the most amazing positive: This hotel had the best free breakfast that I've had at a hotel ever. There were eggs, bacon, pancakes, cereals, breads of all kinds, yogurt, fruit -- and it was all hot and free. Pair that with the tastefully decorated dining area and it was a good morning.

The rooms, on the other hand, were simply average. The furniture and linens were dated and the towels were comfortably numb.

It was a huge room, though -- with a pull-out sofa. A family could really spread out in this space comfortably. There was also a microwave and a good sized fridge with freezer in the room too.

All in all, I'd probably stay here again if I were traveling with my family because I can't afford much more! If I'm traveling on the company's dime, though, I'm probably picking another location.

Room Tip: Look out for the Turkey Vultures on the Roof! (Seriously, there were like 40. Didn't disturb o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wferriter
Thank you for your comments, first just to let you know we are going to be under a renovation here in the next few months, please come back and see us then, I'm sure you will like what you see. And yes we are working on the turkey issue.
Richmond, Virginia, United States
Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed overnight here this past weekend. The hotel room and common areas were clean and very well maintained. Staff was friendly and easily available. The breakfast buffet has hot options along with the usual breads, cereals and yogurt, not the same as the many pancake houses down the street, but adequate and included in your stay. The pool room was nice and warm on a cold, dreary day, pool decent but small. I was the only one in there so it hardly mattered. They also did a great job with my request to be as close to the lobby/elevator as possible, to make things easier on my mother after a long day of outlet shopping. I'll be choosing this hotel again for my next visit.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great comments about your stay. We are always happy to hear about our guests having a wonderful stay and plan to come back in the future
Maine
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I found this hotel to be very clean, with all the amenities you would expect in a price point of 110/night hotel. The pool was well kept. The breakfast buffet was adequate for a free buffet. I am into more quality food so I ate down the road. VERY centrally located amongst a bunch of other hotels and food places.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to let us know
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Very clean, very friendly front desk. Rooms are a little small, but it was a good value. Breakfast was what you would expect. It did have eggs and sausage so a little better that just a continental breakfast. Overall a pleasant stay. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and taking the time to tell us about your stay. We look forword to having you back when you are in our area next
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 15, 2012

You need to level set your expectations. It's a Holiday Inn Express-to me if it's clean, is well located and has a decent breakfast, that's really all you can ask for for the price. Check in process was fine, I booked the hotel via Busch Gardens and they had inadvertently booked me into a smoking room. Luckily, the desk clerk made sure this was the room I wanted and quickly changed it once I told them I did not want a smoking room. The room was clean, had a king size bed with ample and soft pillows, clean linens. There was also a small sitting area with a pull out couch, coffee table and working desk. Bathroom, though basic, was clean and functioning well, which is all we needed for this trip since we were only there to sleep after a busy day at Busch Gardens. Breakfast the next morning was good. A little more than the basic continental breakfast, but about what you'd expect. We did not use the pool; seemed small and the water seemed a bit cloudy. Location was great; just a mile or so to downtown Colonial W'Burg.

Room Tip: Choose a higher room towards the back of the hotel; easier access to more private parking in the bac...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nickisee
Cambridge, Maryland, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2012

2 Years ago we stayed here for my Fathers funeral. I met Towanda at the front desk and pleased to see that she was there when we checked in for the weekend for my brothers wedding. We also had the pleasure of meeting Adam at the front desk and found him to be a wonderful and helpful young man!!!
We did have some issues with the room basically not having and ironing board and then a non working iron! Iron replaced and did not work!! Had to go and borrow one from my son's room on the 3rd floor!! Finally got to get to iron clothes for the wedding!!!
I must say returning and seeing and remembering Towand was like seeing an old friend!!! Both Adam and Towanda are wonderful people and a pleasure to meet them! I hope that on our next trip they will be there again!!! Both very professional well mannered and knew what they were doing! Also both were able to give us directions to any place we needed to go in the area without looking a thing up!!!
Other than the ironing board and iron incident we were over all very happy with our stay!! Your General manager needs to be on top of of the rooms equipment and replacing of damaged blankets!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family