We are seasons pass holders to Busch Gardens and we have had 6 different stays in Williamsburg hotels in the past year. We wanted to try a different chain as the previous chain has trouble with their internet. We need wifi for emails, facetime, etc. As I named this, I wanted to like this hotel!
-The wifi certainly worked and worked well
-There is a fridge in the room
-There is a microwave in the room
-There is a safe in the room
-The room was relatively clean. Absolutely the bathtub was clean!
It is rundown (we wouldn't have noticed all of the minuses if there were a few less. We would have seen them as OK but as one of our lists got longer, the other person's list got longer.)
- The electric outlets are from the 70's or 80's. Wiring that would normally be inside the wall was exterior.
- The wallpaper, bedspread, and curtains were from the 90's (I'm being generous). We talked about if they set aside one weekend's profits new bedspreads and wallpaper could easily be accomplished making this much more modern.
- We each heard the train. It must run directly behind the hotel. This would have been better if our son was with us as he LOVES trains. But, let's face it hearing trains from midnight to 7 am... this is a minus for nearly everyone. These were the times of night/morning we heard them running.)
- Weird people hanging out outside their room. We were OK with it but would NOT have been if our son was with us! They must know weird people are out because you had to be buzzed into the hotel at night.
-The clerk told us to park on the other side of the hotel near our room. This would have been fantastic advice if there were ANY parking over there. (Remember the weird scetchy people? Yeah. They were watching us as we were stuck in an overfilled lot and had to do an 8 point turn.)
-Bed was the worst thing either of us have ever slept on. We are both achy 2 days later.
-Breakfast! (This was the straw that broke the camel's back!) Let me tell you, breakfast was the worst downfall of all! EVERY hotel around has waffles for breakfast! EVERY HOTEL HAS THE SAME WAFFLEMAFFER! This onehad the wafflemaker as well but that was ALL! The breakfast in entirety was make your own waffle, two loaves of bread to make your own toast, coffee, OJ, a gallon of milk in a mini fridge, a tub of margarine out on the counter, syrup, corn flakes or fruit loops. There was NO fruit! There was no water! There were no donuts or danish! There were no yogurts! There was nothing more than a sign that ticked us off telling us to keep breakfast in the breakfast room. THIS IS THE WORST BREAKFAST IN THE AREA! Every other hotel has bananas or apples or something there. Every hotel has water! Not all in the area have hot breakfast with eggs, bacon, etc.; but, they are in Williamsburg and they are only $5 - 7 more a night to get that! (Think that through. When you divide $5 - 7 between the two of you in the room, a $2.5 - $3.5 breakfast that I want with bacon, eggs, fruit, water, yogurt, waffles, cereal, and muffins is so so so worth it!)
-I called ahead of time to ask about what was on the breakfast. The girl had no idea stating she had never set it up so she didn't know. I am sorry I gave her and the hotel benefit of the doubt!
We will try the chain again... But NEVER this location! It looked like there was a Travelodge up the road that I would try but not the one across from Yankee Candle!!!!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity and Booking.com so you can book your Travelodge Williamsburg Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Williamsburg Central Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Travel Lodge
- Williamsburg Travelodge
- Travel Lodge Williamsburg