“Absolutely AWFUL!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #72 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
San Francisco, California
“Absolutely AWFUL!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

My boyfriend and I went up in Williamsburg to spend the day at Busch Gardens. After a long (but very fun) day, we were exhausted and ready to crash - unfortunately this is NOT the place to do that!

The man at the front desk was very kind and helpful, but at 11 PM, we just wanted to sleep and upon opening the door to our room, I realized I was not going to be able to.

The room was disgusting! Stains on the walls and ceiling, ratty old carpeting, and a filthy bed. The box spring was covered in dark, older looking stains and upon pulling back the blanket I found the sheets had white (human) hairs all over! I am pretty sure the sheets had not been cleaned, and housekeeping just re-made the bed. Things went from bad to worse in the bathroom… the sink had a stain which resembled blood, the tissue dispenser (mounted to the sink) was covered in what looked like boogers, blood and skin flakes. As if this was not bad enough, there were small bugs crawling up the walls around the mirror/counter!

Had we not been so exhausted we just would have driven home or found another hotel. It was so bad we contemplated sleeping in the car, but didn’t think it was a safest place considering the condition of the hotel and the fact that it seemed to be full.

Needless to say we were VERY happy to be up and out of there at 5:30 AM.

Had we known the condition on the hotel we would have NEVER booked a room here. Unless you are a pimp, homeless or incredibly desperate I would not recommend this "hotel" to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HSimpson01

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Jarvisburg, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel was clean and comfortable. Great bargain for the price and within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. The only downside is there are train tracks behind the hotel and the train runs frequently but it didn't bother us that much as we did not spend much time in the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I cant really be too surprised I didnt like it here because it was so cheap. The beds (full size, not queen) are like bricks, the teeny tiny breakfast area has no variety: waffles you make yourself, fruit loops, frosted flakes, coffee, juice. (No exagerration.) Towels look like they had seen better days, and they weren't replenished when they cleaned the room. Also, I saw what I believe to be a few code violations: loose outlet covers, haphazard extention cords. I do have to say that the room was clean, and it did have a mini fridge and microwave. An upside, it is across the street from the Yankee Candle flagship store. But, one night here is all I could take. If you are planning an extended day, just spend the extra money and get someplace you will be comfortable in.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bkhm563
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The room was clean (and believe me, I looked) & smelled fresh. There was a variety of pillows on the queen sized bed so we could use which kind made us most comfy. Bathroom was nice & roomy, clean, & the towels were soft, fluffy & smelled good. The room had chairs & a table for relaxing, the refrigerator chilled nicely, the air conditioner had the room good & cool in no time. Check in & out was easy, the gentleman behind the counter was pleasant. We were out early in the morning so didn't stay for breakfast or get to use the pool, but we could see that the pool looked clean. It's an older motel but it was good value for what we needed & I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. It's centrally located, literally across the road from the Yankee Candle factory, close to everything!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you are a snob do not stay here. This is an older motel, but a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and bug free. The pool is nice and they have waffles for breakfast! I stayed here with my husband & 3 year old and we are planning to come back with family in a few weeks. You cannot beat this place for the price.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank teacherharris13
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I got a room for my family while they were visiting Williamsburg - and when I went to the room to check in on them, I found that they had bed bugs. The owner didn't seem too concerned - said he would move us and not charge. While we were waiting for him, I had taken a flashlight and examined the beds. Used q-tips, crumbs on the box spring - talk about unsanitary! We got out quick!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank PandaBear_12
Danville, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

The price was right but I am SO GLAD we only had to sleep there one night! Pillows hard as a rock! luckily we had our own in the car, a/c was unplugged when entered the room and thought it was an energy saving technique, but no it's just that that's the only way to turn it off, alarm clock unplugged as well and tried plugging it in, but it did not work at all!, I was the last one out of our family to take a shower and when I unfolded the last "clean" towel it had a dark black/brown smudge on it so I just reused my kids towels which seemed much cleaner eventhough they had already been used, tub plug was removed and for some reason laying behind the toilet - I certainly wasn't going to be the one to dig it out from there, night stand and dresser both had sticky spots and stains on them, and utility "trap door" beside one bed was half falling off. The continental breakfast was less than desirable so we went to Dunkin Donuts down the road. As I said the price was great but after staying, I saw why! And I suppose it worked for only having to stay one night (definitely couldn't have stayed longer!)as a stop over before continuing on our way to Outer Banks.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family