“Comfortable for the price” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Williamsburg Central

Travelodge Williamsburg Central
Ranked #72 of 79 Hotels in Williamsburg
Jarvisburg, North Carolina
“Comfortable for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel was clean and comfortable. Great bargain for the price and within walking distance to shopping and restaurants. The only downside is there are train tracks behind the hotel and the train runs frequently but it didn't bother us that much as we did not spend much time in the room.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Washington, DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I cant really be too surprised I didnt like it here because it was so cheap. The beds (full size, not queen) are like bricks, the teeny tiny breakfast area has no variety: waffles you make yourself, fruit loops, frosted flakes, coffee, juice. (No exagerration.) Towels look like they had seen better days, and they weren't replenished when they cleaned the room. Also, I saw what I believe to be a few code violations: loose outlet covers, haphazard extention cords. I do have to say that the room was clean, and it did have a mini fridge and microwave. An upside, it is across the street from the Yankee Candle flagship store. But, one night here is all I could take. If you are planning an extended day, just spend the extra money and get someplace you will be comfortable in.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bkhm563
Midlothian, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

The room was clean (and believe me, I looked) & smelled fresh. There was a variety of pillows on the queen sized bed so we could use which kind made us most comfy. Bathroom was nice & roomy, clean, & the towels were soft, fluffy & smelled good. The room had chairs & a table for relaxing, the refrigerator chilled nicely, the air conditioner had the room good & cool in no time. Check in & out was easy, the gentleman behind the counter was pleasant. We were out early in the morning so didn't stay for breakfast or get to use the pool, but we could see that the pool looked clean. It's an older motel but it was good value for what we needed & I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. It's centrally located, literally across the road from the Yankee Candle factory, close to everything!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

If you are a snob do not stay here. This is an older motel, but a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and bug free. The pool is nice and they have waffles for breakfast! I stayed here with my husband & 3 year old and we are planning to come back with family in a few weeks. You cannot beat this place for the price.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank teacherharris13
Williamsburg, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2012

I got a room for my family while they were visiting Williamsburg - and when I went to the room to check in on them, I found that they had bed bugs. The owner didn't seem too concerned - said he would move us and not charge. While we were waiting for him, I had taken a flashlight and examined the beds. Used q-tips, crumbs on the box spring - talk about unsanitary! We got out quick!

2 Thank PandaBear_12
Danville, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012

The price was right but I am SO GLAD we only had to sleep there one night! Pillows hard as a rock! luckily we had our own in the car, a/c was unplugged when entered the room and thought it was an energy saving technique, but no it's just that that's the only way to turn it off, alarm clock unplugged as well and tried plugging it in, but it did not work at all!, I was the last one out of our family to take a shower and when I unfolded the last "clean" towel it had a dark black/brown smudge on it so I just reused my kids towels which seemed much cleaner eventhough they had already been used, tub plug was removed and for some reason laying behind the toilet - I certainly wasn't going to be the one to dig it out from there, night stand and dresser both had sticky spots and stains on them, and utility "trap door" beside one bed was half falling off. The continental breakfast was less than desirable so we went to Dunkin Donuts down the road. As I said the price was great but after staying, I saw why! And I suppose it worked for only having to stay one night (definitely couldn't have stayed longer!)as a stop over before continuing on our way to Outer Banks.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2012

I take visits to Williamsburg once in 2-3 months. I have stayed in various motels in the same city but never found like this one until my last visit on Memorial weekend.
It was a great and enjoyable stay. I stayed for 4 days and never had a single doubt about the price and service. Clean rooms, convincing breakfast ( incl. waffles YYUUMMYY!!) and elegant location.
Starting from polite service from front desk to asking for a receipt at the end of fourth day..NO PROBLEMS

Read the review about the place before going over about bugs (but i had no choice) , i was amazed NO BUGS .. i found from the housekeeping staff that they have done treatments recently.

Also, its elegantly located opposite to Yankee Candle and Oliver Garden. Across the street are also Red Lobster and Carrabas.. If that's not enough..7-eleven is next door.

I would recommend this place to every visitor going to Williamsburg who wants to a room for best price and with simple and sober services. I AM COMING BACK TOOOOOOOOO..(;

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor near swimming pool. ROOM 123