Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area
Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$72
$99
$98
$89
Greensprings Vacation Resort(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$120
$105
  • Pool
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
$92
  • Pool
$189
$179
$109
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$76
$72
BestWestern.com
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$109
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
$195
All reviewswaffleschristmas townbush gardenscolonial williamsburgbusch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This hotel is close to both Busch Gardens and Colonial Williamsburg -- so it is very convenient if you plan to see most of the attractions in the area. We stayed there during the week of the 4th of July and the hotel was still quiet. The staff was very nice, the hotel is neat and clean; a continental breakfast was included in the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria V
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Good Evening Maria V,

We are located very convenient to Busch Gardens & Colonial Williamsburg! We do pride ourselves on our service...I will be sure to give the staff a pat on the back! I am glad you have a great visit and we could accommodate you and your family! Look forward to your return!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

we stayed there for one night, tues, aug 21, 2013, and ended up staying 3 more nights. price was great, front staff great. Clean for the most part. Saw management inspecting the place. That was reassuring. Stayed in room 323. Room had 2 doubles, tv LCD, lots of tv channels. Shower good. Ac was ok, turned on and off every 20 mins, maybe that's the way it was. Breakfast was decent, had eggs, sausage, toast, cereal, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal. Juice was good. Yogurt was light kind, so disappointed there, wanted no sweetener type. Breakfast staff was efficient but seemed to be in a hurray, not the talking type. They stopped breakfast right at 9. Computer in lobby slow. The indoor pool stayed open till 11.00 pm, great. Too bad we never made it. Would stay again

Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Product-Patrol

Good Evening burntberry21,

We thank you for your feedback and I will definitely look into getting regular yogurt and the light yogurt also. We look forward to your return and hope you will return for Christmas in Williamsburg!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

For the past 6 years my family & I have gone to Busch Gardens for the 4th July. We have stayed at various hotels in Williamsburg before, but the Quality Inn Historic East was absolutely horrible!!!! From check-in to our final departure 2 days later, our stay seemed like a scene from a low budget horror movie. The door to the room was broke, we asked to be switched to another room....bad idea! The room we were switched to was a lot smaller, it smell of stale smoke, and we had a train whizzing by at almost midnight and 4:20am. As if dealing with this wasn't bad enough, we returned from Busch Gardens and thought we would take a swim - not!!! The pool had a film of God knows what floating on top of the water (needless to say we decided to go mini golfing instead). After being out in the heat we wanted to shower before going out to dinner, that was a no go as well. Our towels had been taken but not replaced. When I called down to the front desk the young lady informed me that the "guy who does the laundry decided not to come to work and that there were no towels available". What the heck!!! 15 minutes later the same young lady I called "managed to find me some towels" and brought them up to our room. Her name was Stephania, and she was the only saving grace throughout this whole ordeal. She apologized profusely but I explained to her that as much as I appreciated her efforts to "find" us some towels I would not set foot back into that hotel!

Please don't view this write up as some bitter free-loader being hateful. I give compliments and kudos when they are due, but the Quality Inn Historic East will never have to worry about me or my family returning again!!!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ijeffers
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Good Morning ijeffers,

I do apologize about the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. Unfortunately there is a train that runs by ALL the hotels on busch gardens side of route 60. I do see on your reservation 74 - 7/6 that you were moved, but moved into the same room type and which all of our standard rooms are the same size. As the interior corridor rooms are larger but they are consistently the same size and the exterior corridor, where your reservation was booked, are smaller but they are consistently the same size. As the film on the pool, it most likely was from the baking soda that the pool company applies to the pool to bring up the pH to an acceptable level...as it does make the pool cloudy and put a film on top until the pool begins to be used and it can take up to several hours for it to dissipate. As we do pride ourselves on the great customer service here at the Quality Inn, there is no such excuse that should be told to a guest. However, we have changed our housekeeping staff since your departure on 7/6/2013 and I do apologize for the towel issue. Also, I would have loved to hear these issue prior to your departure in order to resolve them and you leave with a smile!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Initially I got a good vibe off the lobby. Checked in at 1am and had a very receptionist. Got to our room and was not pleased. First off, don't plan on charging your phone in your room, chargers just fall right out of the wall. Wearing laying in bed, and the 12 year old tells me there is something sticky on her blankets. She comes and sleeps with me for the night but I don't what it was but it was looking like syrup in the morning and was clearly visible. Housekeeping came that morning but it never got changed. The bathroom tub looked disgusting. I made her wear shoes in the shower. Even worse there was tons of mold on the shower curtain, looked like it should have been replaced months ago.So we decided to relax but the pool the next evening. First off the pool had wayyyy too much chlorine in it. Second, the hot tub I was counting on relaxing in after a long day in the park, wasn't working! Had i known that I would've left after the first night.Was not pleased and would not return again. Great location terrible motel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Good Morning Holly P,

We are currently going through all rooms and changing out the electrical outlets as we are finishing up with the main building on the 3rd floor and then we will begin the exterior building. I have investigated the blanket issue, as it was syrup, and we used your comments in training purposes for the housekeeping staff. We have the pool serviced 3 times per week and the local health department inspects all pools monthly and they have found no extreme amounts of chlorine in the pool. However, I did learn from our pool company that the chlorine gas does hover over the top of the water. As for the hot tub, the heater exchange assembly did crack therefore letting water flow directly into the heater itself. We did purchase a new heater and it is currently being shipped from California and should be here any day!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

It's a nice hotel in the historic district, a beautiful area with horses and the colonial village within walking distance. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only problem was the pool needed to be updated and it had way to much chlorine in it. The room was dusty when I arrived but the maid reclined the room and was pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Good Morning Gunner051,

I thank you for your feedback and as I stated in the other reply, we do have our pool serviced and the local health department does inspect the pools on a monthly basis and as they have not reported any high levels of chlorine in the pool. The chlorine level is usually around a 3.1 - 3.3 ppm range. Also, I did learn from our pool servicing company that the chlorine gas can hover on the top of the water making it seem that there was too much chlorine. However after receiving a couple comments about the chlorine I did check it myself and had the pool company come out and double check it also.