“good enough and close enough to williamsburg” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area

Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area
Ranked #65 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
“good enough and close enough to williamsburg”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

this was a good hotel- no bells and whistles but really close to williamsburg to start your day. staff were nice, rooms were clean and quiet. breakfast smelled good. there is a pool, so that might be nice as a break after seeing places in the area, could be a good jumping off site to travel the historic triangle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank tobycc
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Good Morning tobycc,

I thank you for the choosing the Quality Inn Historic East and look forward to your return. I will be sure to share the great comments with the staff!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Harrison, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

My family and i checked in friday may 24th, and when we got there around 6:30pm the girl at the front desk told us our room was outside and we werent aware of that coming to the hotel. She assured us that staying outside was just as fine as staying inside. For the nost part she was right. the rooms need to be updated bad.the first room she checked us into smelled like smoke, so when we told her this she immediately found us another room, it was still outside but it was a lot better. I would stay at this hotel again if i booked ahead of time and got a room inside. the pool area was nice, and the breakfast was okay. the only reason i would return is because the staff was great. she was funny and whatever we needed she got us right away ex. extra towels and more toilet paper. overall id give this hotel a 6/10. but maybe next time it will be better if we do get a room in the inside building, also the rooms that smell like smoke need to be taken care of. that was no very good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 1CDfam1
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Good Afternoon 1CDFam1,

I sincerely apologize about your experience and I do thank you for your feedback. I can not agree with you more about rooms that may smell like smoke. I will definitely share this with the housekeeping staff to ensure if a non-smoking rooms smells like smoke to report it to the front desk and take the necessary actions to get the room smelling clean and fresh for the next guest arriving! Also, I thank you for the staff compliments and I will most definitely give kudos to Stefania for making your stay as enjoyable as possible. We do pride ourselves on great staff service and I thank you for giving us a second chance. When you are in the Williamsburg area again, please call me directly and I will personally ensure your stay is not only enjoyable, but memorable!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We came for Busch Gardens and spent one night at the Quality Inn. As one of my friends said, "They call this quality?" It was fine, but I won't stay again. Everything felt old and a little dirty. I wore shoes or socks every where in my room for this reason- even in the shower.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Good Morning rlhcarter,

I do apologize that you felt like everything was dated and dirty. I can assure you that we do get our carpets cleaned every six months. I do not wish this to be your lasting impression of this hotel and I do invite you back.
Worcester, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stayed 2 nights for a weekend trip to Busch Gardens.
The lobby area was nice and clean, the rooms were average except for really stiff beds.
Continental breakfast is lacking.
Good military discount when directly booking on their site.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Good Morning natbabyx,

I thank you for your feedback and thank you for the compliments on the lobby area. I do sincerely apologize about the beds being uncomfortable. With the deluxe continental breakfast, we do follow all Quality Inn specifications provided by Choice Hotels. Again, I thank you for your feedback and I hope to see you and your family again!
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here a month ago and I do not have any complaints. It was a pet friendly, clean room conveniently located near the historic district and Busch Gardens. The staff was helpful and friendly. For the price, the room was simple and met our needs. I plan on staying here again the next time I am in Williamsburg.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TravelerDan70
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Good Morning TravelerDan70,

It was our pleasure serving you, your family, and your furry companion too! We appreciate your feedback and I will definitely share it with the staff. We look forward to seeing you again and again in the future.
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had a great time on this stay the hotel people are very nice and polite and very helpful when needed. When checking in we were on the second floor and I have trouble with steps so the lady at front got me a room on ground floor.

Room Tip: This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel and have very good service both times. we were...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Betty K
Good Morning Betty K,

I am super excited that we were able to accommodate you on the 1st floor. We do pride ourselves on our great customer service and I am glad that our staff was there to assist you whenever needed. Thank you and look forward to serving you again and again!
Port Orange, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Hello! This hotel is old and the hallways were musty. The shower heads were poor, need to get updated ones. The walls are very thin. The breakfast was poor. Eggs did not taste good and the coffee was poor. They need to add a Microwave. The first morning, the guy in the breakfast area was on his cell phone the whole time we were there. You should consider another hotel.

Room Tip: My tip would be to check out another hotel. I would choose the Clarion down the street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pt32127
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Good Evening pt32127,

I do apologize that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. But I would like to inform you that we have switched the shower head in the room that you resided in during your stay. I have spoken with the breakfast attendant to ensure that he knows we are all about customer service and to ensure it doesn't happen again. Again I sincrely apologize that you had a less than pleasurable experience, however, I would love to invite you back and I will personally ensure your stay is the best.