“Great people to stay with” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area

Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area
Ranked #65 of 76 Hotels in Williamsburg
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Great people to stay with”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have used hotels for the last 12 years with my job. I will tell you these people are probably the nicest and easiest to work with I have ever used. The hotel is a little old, but clean and on a quiet street. The breakfast is good and the indoor pool is awesome. It is around the corner from Bush Gardens and all the historic attractions.

There are no walking-distant restaurants, but all are a very short drive away. I will use them again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank don s
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Don S,

It was a pleasure serving you and your AFJROTC group! We will miss Bill since he this was his last trip and we won't be able to assist in any practical jokes! I am glad you enjoyed your stay, Busch Gardens & the Williamsburg area. We look forward to seeing you and your group in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Williamsburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stay here from March 19th to March 26th while in Williamsburg looking for property. The staff not only are extremely accommodating, but are also super friendly. Because we were buying property there was a lot of paperwork back and forth and nothing I asked was too much trouble. The hotel is extremely clean and neat and they have the best breakfast of any choice property we have stayed. I also noticed that the rooms seemed a little larger then most hotels.....it is a little older but it is also so convenient to everything...almost across from the colonial area. I would highly recommend this hotel for anyone visiting colonial Williamsburg.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susan E
Susan E,

Thank you Susan for your compliments. Our interior rooms are a bit more spacious than most hotels. It was a pleasure assisting you in any way possible, as we all know how stressful it is to sell one property and buy another within the same week. Since you are a Williamsburg local now we look forward to seeing you drop by and say "Hi"
Eastern Shore of MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights in December 2012 while in the area Christmas shopping. I have no complaints at all, only compliments. I have stayed at almost every hotel in Williamsburg and this is one I will be returning to. Nice breakfast, comfy beds and clean rooms. I don't need anything more than that. The great staff was a bonus and so was the price. I will be returning to Williamsburg with my husband tomorrow - 4/7/13 - and we will be staying here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank memomof2
Memomof2,

It was great to see our returing guests! We thank you for the compliments and pictures! It was our pleasure to make you and your family's stay as comfortable as possible. We do strive to be the best in customer service. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!
Baton Rouge
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

Used Choice points- 10,000 pts. 2/8-2/11/13.
First impression- Small hotel with friendly staff. Rooms older but slightly larger than usual. Rooms seem well kept and Hotel seems well managed. Free baked cookies at front desk!!
During stay- Large heated indoor pool and Lg. Hot tub/spa. ~4 mi to Busch and 3 to Col. Williams. Breakfast very nice, usual waffle, sausage, biscuit, egg, fruit, cereal, yogurt.
1-2 blocks form convenience store/gas station. Fairly quiet except for train noise 1-2 x's a day.
Checkout- No issues
Try Antonios Ristorante Italiano 801 Merrimac Trail
Williamsburg (757) 258-5300. Good inexpensive pizza, sandwiches and salads.

Con's- nearby restaurants a bit pricey. Small vanity area in our room. Kids didn't want to leave hotel :)

Room Tip: Stay in main building so you won't have to walk outside to get to pool and hot tub.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank ENRN
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Good Evening ENRN,

I would like to personally thank you for your feeback and comments. It was our pleasure to serve you during your stay and can't wait to see you again in the near future. The fresh baked cookies definitely give off a astounding aroma when entering into the hotel. Also, I have just recently personally tried Antonios Ristorante Italiano and I would have to agree that is great food.
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We took our group to Williamsburg this past November. It consisted of many teenagers. We found the hotel to be very teenage friendly and helpful with whatever we needed. The rooms were clean and comfortable and had been recently updated.

Bobby Shah and Andre were very friendly and accomodating when asked to make cookies one evening even when they had already put them away.

The pool was very nice as well as the hot tub. The breakfast was also very good and very sufficient.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Good Evening SatisfiedInTennessee,

I thank you for giving the team here at the Quality Inn the chance to serve you and your group. I will ensure that they are well aware of your feedback! Even since your departure we have updated the rooms even more and have replaced all of our TV's with 32" Flat Screen TV's! If you may have any future group needs, feel free to contact me via email at gm.va222@choicehotels.com or via phone at 757-220-3100.
Hampton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I ordered this room online and I paid $45 a night plus taxes and fees for 2 nights. I was a little hesitant because hotels always present themselves better online. I was so impressed. The rooms were clean and the staff was supper nice. There was an indoor pool and hot tub. Both were the perfect temp. The staff were very helpful with directions and dinning recommendations. They even suggested a fantastic florist and provided a cork screw upon request. Definitely one of the best hotel experiences of my life. I could not imagine a better experience, especially for the value. I will definitely return to this hotel in the future. I truly felt like a valued guest.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Evening Ashley H,

It was our pleasure to make you feel so welcomed and valued. We do pride ourselves on the customer service that we provide here at the Quality Inn. I will ensure the staff is well aware of the comments and I will give them all a pat on the back! We look forward to your return and feel free to email me at gm.va222@choicehotels.com for your future reservation needs.
Dover, Vermont
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at the hotel in December when my family was visiting Williamsburg for the holidays. We enjoyed there indoor pool and location was great. I see there is mixed reviews previously. However, we had a great stay. We were on the third floor and the elevator worked perfectly well. The rooms were nice and clean. Hotel had free breakfast and extended pool hours. We will be back this summer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Good Evening Christine J,

I would like to thank you for your compliments and I am glad you had a wonderful time! We look forward to your return in the summer time and to serving you. Feel free to contact me via email at gm.va222@choicehotels.com for your future reservations.