Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area
$189
Autograph
$149
Hampton.com
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
$225
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$92
$90
$139
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
$199
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$169
Travelocity
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
$280
$439
Official Website
All reviewswaffleschristmas townbush gardenscolonial williamsburgbusch
Reviewed December 8, 2012

We weren't very impressed when we arrived at this hotel as it looks very tired. Our room had a musty smell but we thought it would be ok for one night. The pool area is ok - the jets in the spa weren't working but it was warm - and had bits of leaf in it (not sure how as it's indoors) and didn't look all that clean - we didn't stay there long. The shower took a long time to run any warm water but it was ok. So I thought it was cheap so my expectations weren't high. But even cheap shouldn't mean mouldy food on the breakfast buffet. The waffle maker wasn't working but there was hot coffee/tea etc. The cereals were in a large dispenser and they seemed a bit stuck together. Still there were bagels - fortunately I noticed the one I picked up was covered in mould - not just a small bit but a well established growth. The bottom was covered in green mould - made me feel sick.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Good Afternoon Angela,

I do sincerlely apologize about the experience you had with us and I can assure you we have rectified most of the issues and we are currently working to ensure a permanent solution to keep the pool/spa area well maintained and not in disrepair. We have recently received our new spa jet blower and I can assure you that the moldy bagels is a one time incident that will definitely never happen again. I wish that this not be a lasing impression of the brand and I would like to talk with you about your experience. You may contact me via email at gm.va222@choicehotels.com or via phone at 757-220-3100. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Checked in yesterday, 12/6/12, for a 2 night stay. Location is great and the woman who checked is in was very helpful. You're about 3 miles from Busch Gardens and a short walk to the Historic district. The free coffee and tea in the lobby is also a nice perk. The room we are in is a nightmare! It is filthy from top to bottom - we are staying in an outside corridor room that is pet friendly. Maybe that's where we went wrong. The furniture is covered in dirt, carpets are disgusting, there are dead bugs on the lights and the list goes on. I'll post photos, as well. I only hope the inner hotel rooms are nicer because if they're all this disgusting, then this hotel is in some serious need of an overhaul!

• Stayed: December 2012

Good Afternoon Katie,

I thank you for taking the time to post the comments as we do appreciate all feedback. I do personally apologize for the dissatisfaction of your stay. Since your posting We have steam cleaned all rooms on December 30-31. I have rectified the cleanliness and housekeeping issues. Upon receiving this comment, I personally did some investigating and the room should not have been left in that condition and again I personally apologize. I can assure you that no matter if you are in the interior or exterior building your room should be clean, neat and organized. However the interior corridor rooms are larger and more spacious than the exterior building.

I would like to discuss your stay and I ask that you email me at gm.va222@choicehotels.com or via phone at 757-220-3100.

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We (me, my husband and 16yr old daughter) are here for an extended stay - staying in a one bedroom suite. This includes a nice size living area with comfortable, attractive furnishings - and Flat Screen TV, Cable and Free WiFi. The kitchen is large enough to easily cook a meal in with a full size range, oven and fridge. Dishes, utensils, pots & pants are included. The separate bedroom is large with 2 double beds and a good size bathroom - includes a bathtub & shower. The beds are wonderful and extremely comfortable with thick white comforters and crisp sheets. No problems sleeping in these beds. The bedroom also has a flat screen T,V. We are in a pet-friendly room and there are plenty of places to walk our 2 dogs... the open field in front of the hotel is great. No problems at all. We are taking full advantage of the beautiful, heated indoor pool and whirlpool. Both are crystal blue and just the right temps.A very lovely pool area with much attention to details.
I would be remiss not to mention the wonderful, friendly and helpful staff. General Manager, Chad Ledford, has made sure we have a room perfect for our extended stay and has been attentive to any problems - large or small. Andre at the Front Desk has been very helpful with familiarizing us with how to use the WiFi in our suite on our own pc. He has also made sure we have everything we need at any time of day or night - from garbage bags to toilet paper! The Housekeeping staff are exceptional - again friendly, helpful and attentive. Everyone is willing to answer our questions and they never fail to smile and say "hi" ask how we are and if there is anything we need. Carolyn is especially concerned with setting up weekly cleaning schedule for our room. There is also a laundry area available for our use.
We are going into week 3 of our extended stay and feel very comfortable and very much "at home" in our 3rd floor suite. This hotel is not extremely fancy or extravagant or elegant... it is much better than that. It is inviting, welcoming, friendly, comfortable, with attention to detail. The 3 of us are having a great stay.... and are very happy we chose this hotel for our extended stay. And the cost of the suite for our stay is exceptional with the amenities offered - including a full breakfast.
Feels like home!

2  Thank SherriAlbon
Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife, my twin boys and I stayed at this Quality Inn for a couple of days in late November while visiting Bush Garden's Christmas Town and we had a good experince with the hotel. It is very convenient if traveling with a dog (by the way we saw other dogs in the hotel but didn't hear any barking at night). It is 6 mins away from Bush Gardens and there are many restaurants nearby. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the indoor pool is nice. Decent breakfast. overall great value for the money.

2  Thank Jorge V
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife and I were visiting Williamsburg for a weekend getaway. We booked at the Quality Inn and were glad with the service, price, location and the hotel overall. The housekeepers did a great job cleaning the room.. Also, the breakfast area was welcoming with a sitting area and had make your own waffles. This hotel is great value and my wife and I will be booking here next time we come back to Williamsburg.

Room Tip: Prices are great at this hotel for what they offer.