“Affordable, clean, convenient spot!”

Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area
Ranked #64 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
“Affordable, clean, convenient spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Drives me crazy to see all of these negative reviews on here! I guess this hotel is what you make of it. I have stayed at some REALLY great hotels and some really big dives - this is by no means on either end of the spectrum. The sheets and towels were clean, the room was comfortable, and the air conditioner worked. Yes - the hallway smelled like petsmart at times, but, this is a petfriendly hotel (I did not have a pet, but at the same time, I didn't mind the smell). Took us about 3 minutes to be parked in colonial Williamsburg and about 7 at Busch Gardens. Breakfast was good - couldn't try the waffles though because they always seemed to be out of batter. Front Desk and all other staff were beyond friendly!!! I received a free drink because I had an issue with my bathroom light which, might I add, was fixed within minutes!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for an interior corridor - not pet room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sharpse
Chad L, General Manager at Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I would like to thank you for your comments and I do apologize about not having waffle mix! I have made efforts to ensure that will not happen again, as we do realize the waffles are the star of the breakfast! Also, we have made additional efforts to ensure the hallways are kept in great condition and eliminate any odors. Look forward to seeing and serving you again!

Chad Ledford

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Pittsburgh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the mostly positive reviews. Now after staying there (luckily only one night) I think most of the reviews were from pet owners who just want to make sure a pet friendly hotel survives. For us travelers who decide to leave good ole Patchy boy behind when we travel I have learned that you should stay away from pet friendly hotels. The hallways wreaked of "wet dog" smell. When we went into our room it didn't smell bad but I now know it just didn't smell "as bad" because once we returned from dinner and some shopping we discovered that there was indeed a pet smell in the room. I booked online and know that there was a choice for a pet friendly room which I did not choose. Not wanting to try and change rooms at 9:00 at night we decided to just stay put. Even if the pet stench wasn't an issue the room was in bad shape. All outlets were impossible to get an electrical cord to stay plugged in, the exhaust fan did not work and the bathroom floor was severely crack and you could have cut your foot if you were not careful. The only reason I gave 2 stars is because the breakfast buffet helped us get a jump on getting an early start to Busch Gardens.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jra500
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

For all the choicehotels my family uses this one was very reasonable, clean and friendly. The staff is very welcoming, rooms are clean and comfortable, and its close to attractions.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank familytrips2012
Huntingtown, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

Without a doubt the worst place I have EVER stayed! They say newly remodeled. It is actually decorated in Early Salvation Army. In the vanity area there was no mirror!!! (NONE AT ALL!) Can you imagine a man shaving with no mirror. Try to put on make-up or fix your hair. IMPOSSIBLE! I really think the words of praise about this place are from the owner. Oh and yes they do have a microwave. But what they don't say is that you have to unplug the refridgerator to plug in the microwave first! What a joke! The fridge freezes everything no matter how it is set! My complaints were ignored. They just blew me off by saying that the mirror was on order & the unpluged microwave was the fault of the fire inspector. I received NO apology what so ever for the inconvenience! They had no other room available & I was prepaid. There were stains on the shower curtain The vanity had some sort of dried grit on it. Bring some cleaning supplies with you! I will NEVER stay at a Quality Inn again. The Quality with no Quality!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Earlene R
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had just gotten hit by a terrible storm in Stafford, VA. which took out our power for several days. At 100+ degrees the heat and humidity was unbearable. Because of the storms, most hotels in our area were booked or not pet friendly. We found the Quality Inn number in a local hotels book and called. They were so helpful in booking a pet friendly room, for approx. 3 days. When we arrived there our room was not ready yet. They called maid service to clean our room next. It took only 20 minutes (early check-in) We were able to relax in the waiting area or swimming pool area (with our dog). The staff was extremely accommodating to us and our dogs needs. The room was nice, spacious and very cool! The power of our home came back on the following day and this hotel was charging us on a day by day basis to our needs. I can't say enough about this hotel. They made this experience for us stress free and very easy. Something that we appreciated during this difficult time for us. Again, they were extremely accommodating. Thank you again to the front desk staff and a great big thank you to Karen, who was awesome!!!!

Room Tip: We were traveling with our pet (a retired greyhound) and was given room 132 on the first floor. It w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mamastaats
Waynesboro, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

I travel to Williamsburg every week on business and I have stayed at over half a dozen different hotels ... I love this motel because it is not on the main drag and York Street is in a quieter part of town ... It overlooks a nice golf course and the staff is one of the best is Williamsburg

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank CornbreadtheComic
Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

This quality inn is very close to Busch Gardens.. The Ritz Carlton it is not, however the staff is friendly and there is a decent indoor pool..also complimentary breakfast (usual stuff, waffles, bagels, microwave eggs etc.) you get why you pay for. They said it was recently remodeled, but looks worn to me, but as I said, for a place to lay your head before or after a trip to Busch Gardens it is ok..Safe and convenient.

• Stayed June 2012