“Affordable and Clean Hotel”

Quality Inn Historic East - Busch Gardens Area
Ranked #66 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed July 8, 2012

For all the choicehotels my family uses this one was very reasonable, clean and friendly. The staff is very welcoming, rooms are clean and comfortable, and its close to attractions.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank familytrips2012

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Without a doubt the worst place I have EVER stayed! They say newly remodeled. It is actually decorated in Early Salvation Army. In the vanity area there was no mirror!!! (NONE AT ALL!) Can you imagine a man shaving with no mirror. Try to put on make-up or fix your hair. IMPOSSIBLE! I really think the words of praise about this place are from the owner. Oh and yes they do have a microwave. But what they don't say is that you have to unplug the refridgerator to plug in the microwave first! What a joke! The fridge freezes everything no matter how it is set! My complaints were ignored. They just blew me off by saying that the mirror was on order & the unpluged microwave was the fault of the fire inspector. I received NO apology what so ever for the inconvenience! They had no other room available & I was prepaid. There were stains on the shower curtain The vanity had some sort of dried grit on it. Bring some cleaning supplies with you! I will NEVER stay at a Quality Inn again. The Quality with no Quality!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Earlene R
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had just gotten hit by a terrible storm in Stafford, VA. which took out our power for several days. At 100+ degrees the heat and humidity was unbearable. Because of the storms, most hotels in our area were booked or not pet friendly. We found the Quality Inn number in a local hotels book and called. They were so helpful in booking a pet friendly room, for approx. 3 days. When we arrived there our room was not ready yet. They called maid service to clean our room next. It took only 20 minutes (early check-in) We were able to relax in the waiting area or swimming pool area (with our dog). The staff was extremely accommodating to us and our dogs needs. The room was nice, spacious and very cool! The power of our home came back on the following day and this hotel was charging us on a day by day basis to our needs. I can't say enough about this hotel. They made this experience for us stress free and very easy. Something that we appreciated during this difficult time for us. Again, they were extremely accommodating. Thank you again to the front desk staff and a great big thank you to Karen, who was awesome!!!!

Room Tip: We were traveling with our pet (a retired greyhound) and was given room 132 on the first floor. It w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mamastaats
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I travel to Williamsburg every week on business and I have stayed at over half a dozen different hotels ... I love this motel because it is not on the main drag and York Street is in a quieter part of town ... It overlooks a nice golf course and the staff is one of the best is Williamsburg

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank CornbreadtheComic
Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

This quality inn is very close to Busch Gardens.. The Ritz Carlton it is not, however the staff is friendly and there is a decent indoor pool..also complimentary breakfast (usual stuff, waffles, bagels, microwave eggs etc.) you get why you pay for. They said it was recently remodeled, but looks worn to me, but as I said, for a place to lay your head before or after a trip to Busch Gardens it is ok..Safe and convenient.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank Spdurante
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed 6/21-6/24. Ended up here after horrendous conditions at our previously booked hotel forced us to cancel upon arrival, and we lucked out. We had two clean and comfortable connecting rooms for less than many places wanted for one. The indoor pool was beautiful, large and open late for swimming after Busch Gardens closed. Complimentary hot breakfast was good quality. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Great location and just the right balance of quality and price.

You can tell they are not quite finished with the remodel but are definitely on the right track. We travel to Williamsburg annually and, if we come back (Busch Gardens was a disappointment this year), we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Some rooms are exterior corridor, so be sure to ask if you have a preference.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank VABeachGuy07
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay in Williamsburg at the Quality Inn. Staff was friendly and very welcoming. Also, the indoor pool was very enjoyable for the family. I will be back the week December 1st. My family travels to Williamsburg and we have found our new hotel spot. They did a great job renovating the hotel and rates were also reasonable.

Room Tip: Great hotel in walking distance of Colonial Williamsburg and better of all Quality Inns in Williamsb...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Robert H
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Good Evening Mr. Robert,

I thank you for your time to fill out the TripAdvisor review! We look forward to your return on December 1st! Have a great summer!!!!

Best Regards,