“A Must Do!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course

Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Go Ape Treetop Adventure & Treetop Junior Go Ape Treetop Adventure:Scramble up cargo nets, traverse across rope bridges and take-off on zip lines 40-50 feet above the ground! Go Ape is a highly interactive 2-3 hour treetop adventure where you'll explore the forest canopy via 5 ziplines and awesome obstacles. Treetop Adventure Limitations: Supervision ratios must be met: 1 adult for every 2 kids between the ages of 10 and 15 and 1 adult for every 5 kids between the ages of 16 and 17. Minimum age: 10 years old. Minimum height: 4ft 7in. Maximum weight: 285 lbs (subject to harness fit) Go Ape Treetop Junior:Junior Tarzans can swing through the treetops and enjoy a fun-filled experience of tree-to-tree crossings, obstacles, and 2 ziplines at heights of 20 feet above the ground!Treetop Junior Limitations:• Supervision ratios must be met: 1 adult for every 6 kids age 6 and older, and 1 adult for every 2 kids younger than 6 years old. All ages Minimum height: 3ft 3in. Maximum weight: 285 lbs (subject to harness fit)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A Must Do!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

AMAZING!!! We had so much fun at Go Ape. My wife and I had never done anything like this before. So, we were a little nervous about: a) heights and b) if we were in good enough shape. Shortly after starting our adventure, we realized that skipping this would've been a huge mistake! The instructors are the best, they make you feel so comfortable, confident, and are there the entire time if you need any help or motivation. Plus, we felt completely safe. The orientation was easy and their harness system is color-coded and triple secure!! Also, we liked that you go at your own pace. We went with another couple and it took us a total of about 2 1/2 hours to complete the course, which was perfect. For some of the obstacles you can pick the level of difficulty (easy, moderate, extreme). I think next time, I'm going all extreme! (here's a tip: for the 5th and final station...go extreme, do not miss the final Tarzan Swing!!) It's definitely a workout, a thrill, and a challenge I can't wait to conquer again.

Visited June 2013

“Amazing experience that should not be missed!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

I went with my 11 year old son who I knew would easily handle all the rope obstacles, zip lines and Tarzan swings! I was a little worried about my ability to handle it but it was really worth doing! I got a little tired climbing the rope ladders at each of the 5 courses but was able to handle everything just fine! Tiring and scary at times for a moderately fit 55 year old woman. Tremendous staff!!

Visited June 2013
Middletown, Delaware
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Worth A Try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

1st I do not Like Heights!!
But I was talked into doing this. You would think it wouldn't take very long to do it but Please allow yourself 3Hrs+ To finish the Course if you are doing the Main course which has 5 Stations for you to do.
Make sure you bring Gloves to protect your hands on some of the apparatuses. Kids may not need them but I suggest for adults, I'm still Calloused up after Memorial Day weekend.
A great outdoor adventure worth Trying at Least Once.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“AMAZING TIME!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This was by far one of the coolest things my boyfriend and I have done in the Williamsburg area. Our tour guide Megan was wonderful as well as the rest of the staff. The two of us had a blast and it was a wonderful workout as well. We are both pretty fit but it was still a bit challanging thruoghout some areas of the course. I loved that every section of the course ended with a zip line. It was unexpected and so much fun. The day we went there weren't many people on the course because the weather wasn't all that great so Megan let us do the tarzan netting twice on one of the obstacles while was very nice. My boyfriend and I have decided that this will be a new tradition each year in the spring before it gets really hot. I also love that they offer discounted rates for our active duty, firefighters and police officers. It is great to see a business who sees the value in our community members. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who is looking for something different as well as a little adventure. If you feel as if you are not physically fit, I would still try it because on some of the sections you can choose to go easier or harder.

VA
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Tree top fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I went with my family for my birthday. My sister is terrified of heights but was able to escort my 5 year old nephew through the kiddie course. I went through the adult course with the rest of my family. It took about 2 hours to go through all of the high obstacles and on the 5 zip lines. It was tiring but so much fun! I plan to do it again, hopefully soon!