“Treetop Junior”

and up
Zip Line and Treetop Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Go Ape Treetop Adventure & Treetop Junior Go Ape Treetop Adventure:Scramble up cargo nets, traverse across rope bridges and take-off on zip lines 40-50 feet above the ground! Go Ape is a highly interactive 2-3 hour treetop adventure where you'll explore the forest canopy via 5 ziplines and awesome obstacles. Treetop Adventure Limitations: Supervision ratios must be met: 1 adult for every 2 kids between the ages of 10 and 15 and 1 adult for every 5 kids between the ages of 16 and 17. Minimum age: 10 years old. Minimum height: 4ft 7in. Maximum weight: 285 lbs (subject to harness fit) Go Ape Treetop Junior:Junior Tarzans can swing through the treetops and enjoy a fun-filled experience of tree-to-tree crossings, obstacles, and 2 ziplines at heights of 20 feet above the ground!Treetop Junior Limitations:• Supervision ratios must be met: 1 adult for every 6 kids age 6 and older, and 1 adult for every 2 kids younger than 6 years old. All ages Minimum height: 3ft 3in. Maximum weight: 285 lbs (subject to harness fit)
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Just did the treetop junior course today w/ my 2 kids - age 5 and 10. 5 year old was just tall enough to get onto the course so he was definitely the youngest I saw out there. I went on, too, to help him. We had a blast! The course is really adventurous for kids (and even for me as I am afraid of heights!) I think Go Ape did a great job of making it safe w/o feeling dull. The kids were really proud of themselves after finishing and were already asking when we could go back.

1  Thank CandHWilliamsburg
There are newer reviews for Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We took our 8 and 10 yr old boys and had the best time. The staff are all super nice and fun. I went on the treetop junior with the 8 yr old. It was perfect for us! They have an easier course to start with and a more difficult one without safety rails. On these junior courses, they allow you to go through 3 times, but since it was empty, my son and I went through 5 times. It took us about an hour to go through 5 times. The junior courses are about 20-30 ft off the ground, not too high, but still challenging! It 's a series of platform landings in trees connected by various rope and beam challenges. Most were really hard for me! SO much fun! There's also a short little zipline at the end to take you to the ground. I could have just watched my son from the bottom as he didn't need me, but Im glad i did it too! The harness clips were easy to attach and the whole thing was safe and fun.
My 10 year old and my husband did the regular treeetop course and LOVED it!! It did take them about 3 1/2 hours to complete...extremely challenging...I can see why you need to be at least 10 (for decision-making) and a certain height....they gave them involved safety instructions as to how to clip and unclip the harness on the safety lines, but beware, you do this yourself throughout the whole course!! I've been ziplining in Cancun and the Dominican Republic where the guides do everything for you in terms of the hooks. My husband and son liked that they got to go at their own pace and were responsible for all the clips. There was a lot of climbing up rope ladders to get to the next challenge. There's also a part where you get to swing into a rope net and climb your way across to get to the next platform. I think there were as many as 4 ziplines, the last one being very long!! (maybe 1/4 of a mile?) When my husband and son finished, they were extremely proud of their accomplishment. The guides gave them certificates and stickers. This place rocks!!! Can't wait to go back!
Also, you can secure your keys and wallet in pouches in the office. You can't bring a camera, but they had iphone4 lanyards that you can securely clip your phone to and hang it around your neck during the course and take pics that way.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We took our 5 and 7 year old sons to Go Ape to do the Treetop Junior course. Checking in was easy and quick, and we were soon out on the course getting our harnesses and listening to the safety instructions. The course is about 15-20 feet up in the air, but you are securely harnessed in so it is not scary at all. You climb up some stairs to get to the first platform, then once in the tress move from platform to platform by crossing bridges, planks, swinging platforms, cargo nets, and a variety of other obstacles. The course ends with a short but fun zip line down to the ground.

My older son flew through the first easy course, and was able to go on to the more challenging course right away. My younger son proceeded a little slower and did the easy course twice before getting the confidence to do the harder course. He is pretty short (42" tall) and had a bit of trouble reaching some of the ropes used to steady himself, but he was able to grab onto his safety line to keep himself upright.

My husband and I elected to do it with them (though our 7 year old would have been allowed to do it himself) and we had fun, too, though the safety cable that we were attached to was at kind of an awkward level for us (eyeball level for me, so I had to be constantly careful to not hit myself, and underarm level for my husband) but it didn't impede us too much.

We were the only people on the Treetop Junior course at the time, and it was great being able to go at our own pace without being stuck behind someone else or feeling like we were holding other people up. I would definitely try to book a time slot without too many other people since it seems like traffic control might be difficult.

It was great fun to see how much the kids enjoyed it! My younger son is a bit timid, but he had a wonderful time and wasn't afraid at all. Our guide, Asa, was super pleasant, patient and helpful. We can't wait until the kids are older and taller so we can come back and do the adult course together.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

On opening day, March 23, 2013, I took my 8 year old daughter to the junior adventure course. She and I completed the course several times and loved it!!! It is totally safe and sized right for kids that age. She had no trouble with the course and was doing it solo after one time through. The guide was very helpful and stayed with us while we were on the course. I highly suggest this course for families with young kids who are active!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We went on the opening weekend. Our twin 6 year old daughters loved it. It did take about 30 minutes from when we got there to sign up, until our group was ready to go. Since it was the frist day I figure they were still working out the details. We all went down and listed to the safety information. This only took 5 miniutes, they put the harnesses on and the kids were off. They start them on an easier course which has a guide rope to hold on to, to help keep your balance. The obstibles like the bridges and ropes are closer together. The staff was very friendly and encouraging to the kids. Parents can follow the kids on the ground around the whole course. The end of the course ends in a zip line down to the ground. They tell the kids the louder you scream the faster you go. They had fun with that. The price was $25 per child, and you get to do 3 runs throught the courses. It took about an hour to do the 3 runs. The second course is harder, it does not have a guide rope to hold on to, and the bridges move more and are farther apart. The kids did not seem afraid of falling and felt secure in their harnesses. The second course ends with a zip line as well. Once you are done with the second course, you pick which of the ones you want to do for your third and final run. Once done it is quick to take off your harness and be done. This is the first type of ropes course we have ever done. It was great, I would recommend this to anyone with active kids. I am sure when in Williamsburg again the kids will want to go back.

1  Thank Peedee77