“Fun X 1000”

Go Ape Treetop Adventure Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Go Ape Treetop Adventure & Treetop Junior Go Ape Treetop Adventure:Scramble up cargo nets, traverse across rope bridges and take-off on zip lines 40-50 feet above the ground! Go Ape is a highly interactive 2-3 hour treetop adventure where you'll explore the forest canopy via 5 ziplines and awesome obstacles. Treetop Adventure Limitations: Supervision ratios must be met: 1 adult for every 2 kids between the ages of 10 and 15 and 1 adult for every 5 kids between the ages of 16 and 17. Minimum age: 10 years old. Minimum height: 4ft 7in. Maximum weight: 285 lbs (subject to harness fit) Go Ape Treetop Junior:Junior Tarzans can swing through the treetops and enjoy a fun-filled experience of tree-to-tree crossings, obstacles, and 2 ziplines at heights of 20 feet above the ground!Treetop Junior Limitations:• Supervision ratios must be met: 1 adult for every 6 kids age 6 and older, and 1 adult for every 2 kids younger than 6 years old. All ages Minimum height: 3ft 3in. Maximum weight: 285 lbs (subject to harness fit)
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun X 1000”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2012

This is such a wonderful way to spend some time with friends or family. Must be in good health to participate. Course takes a couple of hours making the fee very reasonable.

2 Thank BVIGal

Green Lane, Pennsylvania
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

So much fun! Zip line at end of all 5 stations. Climbed ropes and swung around like Tarzan! Would definetly go again!,

Virginia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Even Mary Poppins did it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

I suppose Mary Poppins should have no qualms about being high up on a platform and swinging through the air. However, the only thing this real-life Mary Poppins can do is sing like Julie Andrews.

My whole family participated, only because I had no choice. Two of my children are between the ages of 10-15 and I also have a 16yo. My husband was not permitted to supervise all three due to parent-child ratios. So I had to go. I don't even like climbing a ladder past five feet off the ground. However, I was not going to deny my kids the chance to do this because I was afraid.

The instructor did a great job showing us how to use the equipment and after our first supervised mini climb and zip, I felt like I could do it. The course seems to progress from easier to harder as you go on. There are also options in the courses to do a more difficult challenge. I always opted for the easier way, but my husband, younger son and daughter (who is only 10 and is only about 4'8") were able to complete the harder ones. Although, I don't think they went the harder way on the course with the "foot rings". I believe the instructor discouraged that one for them.

Even though I've always hated heights, I was almost able to forget the fact that I was so far off the ground. Almost.

My husband and kids loved it and want to do it again someday. And if this Mary Poppins could do it, so can you!

3 Thank MaryPoppins922
Richmond, Virginia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Loads of Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I did this while in Williamsburg this past weekend. We had a blast. Our instructor Bobby and all the other guides were excellent! They gave us a lot of freedom; yet, were right below us on the ground throughout the park if we needed them. Most of of the time we were way up in the trees having a great time with the challenges and enjoying the beautiful weather. I highly recommend this activity if you're going to Williamsburg or even if you want to make a day trip out of it.

1 Thank Mary2962
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing Workout!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have been zip lining before in Costa Rica, but this was a totally different experience. It was by far a workout challenge which I thoroughly enjoyed. The zip line I was on before was beautiful but go ape had extensive obstacles and was a great challenge. There are both easy and hard courses to choose from. The only critique I would give is the landing. I could never land properly, I'm pretty sure it was my lack of skill though :). Other zip lines have breaks but I have also heard you can really get hurt using them. All in all I would do it again in a second!

1 Thank lisab0207