“One of Best Places to Eat in Williamsburg”
Review of Shorty's Diner

Shorty's Diner
Ranked #11 of 393 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: We are a family owned and operated diner using our own family recipes, open daily from 6 AM - 2 PM. We offer homemade soups and salad dressings, fresh whipped cream on our French Toast and cakes and only the best quality meats and cheeses. Because we serve 100% all Beef hand pressed Burgers, our soon to be famous Shorty's fresh cut fries and Ms. Bonnie's special recipes, you're sure to see and taste the difference.Shorty's Sweet Side is now open daily from 3 PM - 9 PM. Enjoy soft serve ice cream, sno-balls, milkshakes, malts and more!
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Shorty's Diner on Merrimac Trail in Williamsburg is by far, one of the best places to eat in Williamsburg. The food is always top quality, prepared perfectly and served in a timely manner with a smile on the faces of courteous waitresses. Open from 6 AM to 2 PM daily with daily specials, serving breakfast and lunch. Try the pork tenderloin sandwich, awesome. The Friday cat fish fry is tremendous. The potato salad and cole slaw are great side dishes. When done with this, you need to try one of the daily special, homemade desserts. Eating at Shorty's Diner is a real treat.

1  Thank Jim B

Reviewed October 30, 2012

I am a regular at Shorty's for breakfast and lunch. I absolutely love it there. The service can be slow at times, but the food is great! However, it's not your typical diner food, as a warning to those who like traditional, good-and-greasy food. Shorty's makes everything homemade (for the most part), and the food tastes fresh. For breakfast, they have HUGE pancakes that also taste great! One is the size of a large dinner plate and plenty for me. They aren't open for dinner though, so plan accordingly!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I am not sure who these people are who rate Shorty's so high! All I can say is that Shorty's is not a true Diner. I am from New Jersey, the Diner Capital of the world and there is nothing remotely like a real Diner. First of all, it is not open 24 hours a day, second, it has a tiny menu, and third, the food is not special at all. My burger was one of the worst I have ever had...Anywhere!!

Oh well, if Williamsburg people like it, I guess they should continue going there Not me...I long for a true diner.

2  Thank doglover30
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went for lunch -- I had a bowl of soup (chicken vegetable), a hamburger and fries, as well as pumpkin pie and coffee. First the chicken vegetable soup was made with macroni noodles (guess I should have asked first). I like crispy fries, but these were actually burnt, dried out and overly salty. My hamburger was O.K. Coffee was hot but very weak, and my pumpkin pie was obviously put in the microwave before it reached me. That wasn't exactly appetizing.
My bill came to $18.00 for a meal that could only be described as very average and not that good. I did not expect gourmet food but I expected much better.
I've never had breakfast at Shorty's (they are open from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.), which seems to be popular with the folks (breakfast is served all day), but after this experience I probably won't.

1  Thank jpha01mav
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Wanted a better breakfast than the free one at the hotel and read about this place on Trip Advisor. Glad we did !