This resort is large and is in a very convenient location to Historic Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown. There are 3 outdoor pools and a hot tub that we enjoyed, and we also had dinner at the pub on the premises our first night. The fare was average, and the waitstaff was friendly. Having breakfast there was out of the question however, as they seemed understaffed and there was a long wait with crowds of people, while some tables sat empty.
We reserved a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit which was nicely appointed. We found the rooms to be spacious and the layout flowed well.There was also a nice private deck outside with a table seating for four off of the living room area. The living room had a wet bar, a beautiful large screen TV and a fireplace. We were disappointed however to find that the fireplace is not hooked up to gas and therefore is for looks only.
The beds were quite comfortable, but the couch in the living room was not that comfortable at all. We were happy to realize that these units are constructed so that you do not hear your neighbors.
We found that the bathrooms could use updating. Although they functioned just fine, the shower and sinks showed wear and tear. Also, the light switches need replacement as they do not have the circuit interrupter feature. They were loose on the wall and would wiggle each time we unplugged the hairdryer. Also one of our bath towels was in shreds, which I would only use to wash a car with.
The kitchen had nice granite counter tops, newer appliances and was well equipped with pots and pans, dishes etc. But the cooking utensils were cheap and the one of the handles fell off of the spoon as we were using it. Although the cabinets functioned well, they looked worn. Also the outlets need to be replaced for the same reasons as stated in the bathroom.
The resort staff were knowledgeable and friendly. The grounds were pretty and well groomed in some areas, but need to be redone around the units as shrubbery appears old and overgrown.
In summary, although there are small changes that could be done I would come back here and also recommend this place to others..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va