After reading the reviews and them not being very complimentary, I was concerned that my time at the resort would be very unenjoyable. After checking in at 3 a.m. the checkin went flawlessly and when we finally found our room we were very surprised. The room had apparently been renovated, still alot of room for improvement but not a place you could not lay your head and be concerned about being carried away by creatures.
We were hit on by the "concierge" but knowing Mr. Cloobeck's (CEO) issues about high pressure on anything, I was ready and willing to say no. We had toured one of Diamond's properties in Tennessee over last Thanksgiving. We were not even asked to do a tour.
The room could have been a little cleaner, definitely not up to Mr. Cloobeck's standards (there is a 30 minute infomercial running on the tv during your stay to see just what he expects you to expect) we had maintenance in once and they fixed the washing machine and the room was very roomy, at least the dishes and pots and pans were nice and matching not a big hodge podge of left over stuff from a thrft store.
The resort was nice and quiet, the room surprisingly large and more than we could expect.
We will definitely be going to try to stay at this resort again when we go to Williamsburg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va