My husband and I stayed for a week in January. The 2 bedroom suite was nice. It's not elegant or a 5 star hotel but it was clean and had plenty of space. The pools are nice and the grounds are well taken care of. The only complaint I had was when I called to have a guest come visit, they said they would not tell me if the surrounding rooms would be vacant so my guest could park for a couple hours. The front desk gentleman working was incredibly rude. Most of the units at the resort were vacant the whole week and you are only given one spot for a 2 bedroom unit. Others have to park at an over flow lot and get a shuttle to the unit. It is one thing in the summer when it is busy but it is obvious that the man at the front desk refused to provide adequate customer service because it was too much effort for him. Also, when we called to see when our mid-week maid service was supposed to come to the room, the woman working the desk was again rude. She told us we would not be getting maid service at all for the week. The service seemed vastly different from the service we received from Diamond Resort's property in Las Vegas, where we stayed just weeks before. The Vegas property had excellent customer service while the Historic Powhatan Resort did not. The people working in customer service seemed lazy and like helping us was not worth their time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va