Well, this was our 2nd visit to the Powhaten Resort and this time we got a 1 bedroom condo on the groundfloor. It was very nice and spacious and clean. Again, the beds are hard but as I have a bad back, it wasn't AS BAD for me as my husband who does not but it was still very hard. The only thing I can say this time was unfortunately this was my problem and not really theirs as much.. My car got hit while down in Williamsburg this time - not BAD but dents and new paint added by the hit & run car.. and we couldn't read the tag fast enough so needless to say they got away with it. (NOT on the Powhaten premises.) So when we got back, I had talked to someone about fixing the dent and paint and they were going to do it as a quick favor on Black Friday (Thanksgiving week) and get it back to me by Sunday so I could have my car to go back to work - well I needed my deposit back to pay the guy and had called to ask how long until the $ would be back in my account - we went down on Sunday and left on Tues - this was Wed when I called and asked - last year I got my deposit back within 24 hours (after checkout) and the voucher we bought said - deposit to be released upon check out - so I called to ask so I could pay the guy fixing my car - and was told to talk to the manager after explaining I had a bad situation and was wondering when I'd get the deposit back. So I left a message for the manager after being transferred and I never received a call back. I called a few times and got the message machine. So I was worried about paying the guy as a favor since it was a slow time fixing my car - but again - this was my problem and not the Powhatens, but I could've gotten a phone call stating when I'd get the deposit back. Thats my only gripe, I just wanted a phone call to let me know. Would I stay again, probably yes, it is a nice resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va