Stayed here during the first weekend of August and had an enjoyable stay. There were a few hiccups which were addressed and did not effect our stay too much. Traveling with my mom, my hubby and our two boys 8 and 3 yrs old.
Check in was a little hectic, the line was long and in an effort to slim the line down they sent us to the back reception area to pick up our keys, welcome packet and a few sandwiches. Because my mom is already an owner an already had an appointment for some sort of updates there was no need to try to sell her on a presentation and we were only supposed to be picking up keys etc.. However, when the sales people realized they were not going to get credit for signing us up for a presentation it seems they started bickering over who was going to get our welcome pack and send us on our way.. They bounced us from one person to the next until my mom slightly complained, then we were on our way..
The room 2 bedroom/2bath on second level was very clean and all furniture seemed to be in good condition. First hiccup- in the master bedroom my husband went to pull the curtain back and the rod separated from the wall and nearly fell off in his hand.. He stabilized it and got it to stay up and we called maintenance (around 6pm ish) we told them it was fine for the night since we were heading out to dinner and that they could send someone in the morning. Morning came, we went and had breakfast came back and headed to the pool and spent most of the day at the pool. Pool was lovely, very clean and though it was a pretty booked weekend did not seem crowded. We had lunch at the restaurant in the building with the recreation area and it was decent. Around 4pm decided to head back to the room and upon return noticed that the curtain had not been fixed.. Called maintenance again and was told they would send someone.. In the meantime we decided to warm some of the leftovers from Bonefish grill from the night before.. Preheated the oven and as I went to open the oven to put our food in, the ENTIRE oven door fell off the hinges and nearly crushed my foot.. Luckily I was able to catch it before it hit me! Quite the balancing act since I had a pan of food in one hand. So no oven, now warming our food in microwave.. Called maintenance and they sent someone to fix the oven within 30 minutes.. However, there was no fixing the oven since the door would not stay on.. Considering we had groceries and planned on using the oven during our stay.. They installed a new oven.. Between the curtain rod and oven, maintenance was now in our unit for over 2 hours, well past quitting time for them, but they got it done.
The boys loved the playground area and the pool! We also took a drive out to the beach about 20 minutes from the resort, I believe it was Yorktown. Not really a beach beach, but there was sand and the kids were able to play in the little inlet area. Had ice cream at Ben and Jerry's and a nice relaxing evening sitting along the waterfront!
All in all, we would stay here again, actually my parents have stayed here several times before and say its always clean and comfy.. This was my first visit. The grounds are nice and well kept! Geeat for walking and getting a little excercise in. We all really enjoyed the pool and we would definitely stay here again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va