My family bought timeshare at this resort way back in the early 90s and we have enjoyed it (and gotten our use of it) ever since. This is like a second home for us. We'll come for a couple of weekend getaways throughout the year and then my parents will usually come for a week or so during the summer. The whole resort is just gorgeous especially in the early spring and fall. Everyone on the staff is friendly and attentive. There are lots of attractions/activities on site for everyone such as: swimming pool (inside and out as well as an adult and kid pools), tennis courts, putt putt, racquet ball, restaurant, and the old plantation house that you can tour. There are plenty of romantic places you can walk to for a little privacy as well.
It can get a bit crowded during the summer months and holidays especially with all the families and kids. Sometimes it can be quiet and other times it can feel like you're at a resort in Disney World. But I guess that applies to anywhere.
Since we have timeshare here, we are also able to stay at Greensprings Plantation just right down the road. I actually prefer the Powhattan Resort over Greensprings. It's much more beautiful and Greensprings looks just like a golf resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Little Piece of American HistoryVirginia is one of the best places to visit if you are a history buff and want to learn more about the birth of a nation and see relics from days gone by. Williamsburg is a 170-acre historic town that has been restored to its original English condition. The Historic Powhatan Resort offers guests a little piece of colonial history with the restored Manor House (circa 1735). Nestled among 256 acres of beautiful woodland, this resort is loaded with fun things to see and do, and learn a little bit of American history. Rest, Relaxation, and a Whole Lot MoreIf you are looking for a resort that has all kinds of things to do, then you need look no further than The Historic Powhatan Resort. Here you can enjoy both indoor and outdoor swimming pools, tennis courts, an outdoor pavilion, and even a playground for the kids. Each three-bedroom suite has a fully equipped kitchen with a two-burner stovetop, a private balcony and a loft for the ultimate in relaxing vacations.If you are looking for a great meal, you can find it at The Historic Powhatan Bar & Grille, where you will find a casual family dining atmosphere for both breakfast and dinner. Open seven days a week, The Historic Powhatan Bar &Grille has an outdoor patio where you can enjoy a nice, cold drink while watching the peaceful pond (weather permitting, of course). During the breakfast buffet, enjoy being entertained by the resort's very own "first lady", Martha Washington, who will regale guests of all ages with amusing and entertaining stories.Whether you are looking for rest and relaxation, or fun and excitement, you can have it all at The Historic Powhatan Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotel.de so you can book your The Historic Powhatan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Historic Powhatan Hotel Williamsburg
- Historic Powhatan Hotel
- Sunterra Powhatan Plantation
- Powhatan Plantation Williamsburg Va