The Historic Powhatan Resort
Woodlands Hotel & Suites - Colonial Williamsburg(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$119
Official Website
$99
$80
$120
$109
$132
$119
Greensprings Vacation Resort(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$130
$99
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$74
$72
Kingsmill Resort(Williamsburg)
$200
$159
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$109
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
$170
Williamsburg Inn(Williamsburg)
$499
Official Website
2,205 results
All reviewshot tubmanor houseliving roomfull kitchengeneral storecoffee housemini golfindoor poolrenovated unitwelcome packagesales pitchconcierge desktwin bedstimeshare meetingwasher and dryerghost tourbusch gardens
Reviewed June 26, 2011

This is an absolutely gorgeous gated resort! From the moment that you drive through the entry way, you know that you've made a great choice in staying here. The grounds are landscaped beautifully, there's a very pretty pool area, and there are numerous activities for the guests at this resort. The on site General Store has all the necessary things you might need, with a very friendly staff to help.

The rentals are like a home away from home. We had a 2 bedroom unit that had a full kitchen with everything you could possibly need if you decide to cook. It had a nice living-dining room with a fireplace and patio. The bedrooms were roomy with beds that were extremely comfy, and 2 baths with nice toiletries included.

Try to get a lower unit if possible like we did ... They are equipped with a full size hot tub to revive and relax you after a long day of all the walking you'll be doing in Williamsburg.

My husband and I were there for 3 nights with 2 teenagers, and had a great time! Hated to leave and will definately be back!

Room Tip: Best time to check in is 3:30 pm
1  Thank HappyTrailzFromMe
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We had a terrific weeklong stay at The Historic Powhatan. We took a two bedroom which was spacious and gave us the extra space we wanted for a weeklong stay. The rooms were well appointed and the beds amazingly comfortable (we slept in both). The grounds are amazing and well-kept up and while there is a ton of options for families, we enjoyed a relaxed pace visiting Colonial Williamsburg, the Muscarelle Museum at The College of William and Mary and the Williamsburg Winery where we enjoyed lunch outside under the grape arbor. The Blue Talon was our favourite for lunch and there were lots of options for groceries - Trader Joes and Martins - that gave us quiet dinners back at the Resort. Every kitchen item you could want was available and the washer/dryer meant we could travel light. We had a yummy lunch at the Resort Kitchen. We didn't mind not having high speed in the unit - made it easy to get away from it all and the business centre computers were fine to check in. The TV was small and we couldn't figure out how to make the DVD player work but again - there's a great movie theater in town (saw Midnight in Paris) and it gave us a chance to catch up on our recreational reading. A wonderful holiday!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Well, it is a timeshare so be prepared to be almost forced into a timeshare meeting. Just keep saying no though, lol.
Before we stayed we called them and asked to be put in the newly remodeled area of the resort. When we got there we asked them again and after looking at the map, he said "yes that is where I have put you. Well either it was a flat out lie or they really need to fire the people who remodel for them. The furniture was out dated and damaged. There was a 20 inch tv in the master bedroom and a 27 inch in the living room. Not flat screen. And no tv in the 2nd bedroom. No free internet access, you had to pay by the day.
All and all I was very disappointed in the resort. Probably one of the worse timeshare places we have stayed.

2  Thank ladycaer
Reviewed June 24, 2011

This is the fourth time we have visited this resort in the past 5 years and although we have stayed at other resorts in the Williamsburg area the Powhatan continues to be our favorite. The location of the resort is quite close to all area attractions. We usually use Willamsburg as our "home base" and we take day trips in varoius directions. This trip we decided to participate in more activities on-site, so at check-in we asked to be in a unit within walking distance to the pool and activity center. The staff is very friendly and welcoming and the entire resort has a homelike feel. Our 4 year old loved the pool, the craft classes (which are cheap), the playground and walking the propperty. Sure we visited area attractions and dined mostly off site, but this resort is one that you truly would not have to leave if you didn;t want to. There are grocery stores nearby, Colonial Williamsburg is right up the road and the main dining/shopping drag is only a couple miles away. Most of the units are quite modern. On one past trip we were placed in a unit that was not refurbished, but we simply called the Front Desk and the understandingly moved us. My tip is to ask for one of the most recently refurbished units at check-in and cross your fingers that they still have one available. I tend to be quite fussy about cleanliness, but I have never been dissapointed at the Powhatan. I have read many mixed reviews since my family started visiting the resort and I will have to say that I have never experienced any unpleasantness as others say they have. I will continue to reccomed this resort to my family and friends and I look forward to returning in the fall.

1  Thank 1YoungMommy
Reviewed June 18, 2011

I stayed at this property with my husband and four children ages 8-11. I did a lot of research and was worried about the reviews. The place turned out to be OK for my needs. I wanted a place with 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, a kitchen and a washer/dryer for cheap. That's what we got. I booked through hotels.com and paid about $114 a night. We had no problems checking in. They did try to get up to sign up for the timeshare reception. I let her know firmly that I had no intentions of doing so.
We had a second floor unit. It was probably quite lovely in the 80's. Very little updating had been done. Routine maintenance was lacking too. Several handle knobs were missing from drawers. The deck was so old and nasty we didn't spend any time on it. The kitchen really only had enough dishes for the six of us to eat one meal. Still it was nice to cook in and everything was very clean. The pool had so much chlorine in it that three of my kids had a skin irritation and we did not go back. We had week long passes to Busch Gardens and Water County USA so we did not need the pool and did not spend much time in the room. One of the beds was very comfortable. The sofa bed was awful and the ones the kids slept on squeaked every time you moved.
One box of laundry soap was provided. I brought my own and washed four loads of clothes while we were there. I may consider returning for a kids vacation again, but I would never go with my husband for any romantic getaway. The property was too yucky for that.

3  Thank britta2mozart