Greensprings Vacation Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Inn Williamsburg Gateway(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$72
$99
Official Website
$98
$89
Best Western Plus Historic Area Inn(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$76
$72
$199
Official Website
The Historic Powhatan Resort(Williamsburg)
$92
  • Pool
$189
$179
$109
Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony(Williamsburg)(Great Value!)
$109
Great Wolf Lodge(Williamsburg)
$195
All reviewstime sharemaster bathliving roomtimeshare presentationfull kitchenconcierge deskping pongmini golfwasher and dryeroutdoor poolcolonial williamsburgsales pitchthird floorrefurbished unitno elevatortwin bedswelcome package
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 26, 2010

The resort is your standard mid/low level time share. So we knew what we were in for. However, the cleanliness makes this resort a big disapointment.

When we arrived, I was amazed that we had to wait for our room to be cleaned, only to find out when we entered it looked like it had not be touched at all. I walked in the bathroom and the toilet had urine and feces on it. So I went in to the other bathroom and there was toothpaste all over the faucet and the toilet seat was broken. I don't know about you, but if you clean a bathroom and you see the seat on the toilet is broken you have someone fix it!

The kitchen floor was all sticky like a soda had been sprayed all over. I had to wipe the walls because there was food on them. Then, on the first night, I looked at my daughters beds and the linens needed to be changed - there was dirt in one of the beds!

I was so grossed out by the conditions of our room I had to clean and vacuum all the rooms myself (that is one good thing about it is it had a vacuum cleaner).

The rooms could definitely use a paint job and some new carpet(the carpet had burn marks and food in it).

Would not recommend

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank 2Girls1Guy
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We are timeshare ownersand had exchanged for a week at this hotel's sister resort about 2 years ago. We received a solicitation for one of those "3 days for a cheap price just watch out sales pitch" deals. Our kids love Busch Gardens so we decided to make a Long Weekender out of this over Labor Day.
The resort is generally what you would expect from a looks standpoint....pretty cookie cutter timeshare communtiy. The location is about 8 miles from Busch Gardens and about the same from Williamsburg proper, so i would not call it super well located once trafic is factored in. Luckily we had a GPS device or we would have spent most of our time lost as this hotel is off the beaten path, and not in a good way.
I had several small issues and one large one that would keep me from returning here.
The small issues are 1) the pool, while large and well landscaped, is not heated. The weather was in the 90's for a week before our arrival and the pool must have been 70 degrees. Cold enough that my kids emerged with shivering blue lips. My wife went in up to her waist and turned right around. 2) We were in a second floor unit, but there was no elevator. It was a tough lug to bring our bags up the stairs after a 7 hour drive. 3) The bedroom TVs are the old 19 inch CRT models sort of like what your grandma probably has in her living room. I like to watch TV before rolling over to go to sleep, and I just felt like I was in a dorm room. Note to management: Wal-mart has decent sized flat panels pretty cheap these days. Definately Junior- Varsity.
My big issue was a Service issue. Our "presentation" time was "assigned" for 2 pm the following day. No one ever asked what time was ok for us. We had our days pretty well penciled in already, so I called the desk to ask to have the time moved to a morning appointment. After being on hold several times for over 10 minutes. I finally got to the consierge. She said she would call me back. 30 min passed, and no call. We took the kids to the pool and I popped in to the lobby to ask the consierge if there was any progress. She flippantly told me there were no other times, and we would have to be satisfied with 2 pm. I explained that was not going to work for us. She said, "I can have the lady I spoke with call you back, but she is going to tell you the same thing". I was SHOCKED!!! I didn't feel like this was an unreasonable request. I aske for a manager, she POINTED across the lobby to the front desk. I said "are you serious????" She then pulled the old "I am going to ask you not to raise your voice to me" routine. It was funny, because I never went above regular talking level. I then asked her if "the lady she spoke with" understood that if my time was not changed there would be zero chance we would ever return or buy there. The consierge responded with , "yes, she knows".
Long story shorter, I had to call the Regional manager for Diamond resorts at home on his cell phone on a Saturday to get anyone to attempt to help me. Even then the appointment was resceduled for 11am not the early morning I wanted.
All in all, stay away from this service free resort. Spend your time and money somewhere closer to the attractions where the staff and management actually appreciate you.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank RDUBSTC
Reviewed September 13, 2010

3rd year back at Greensprings, can't say enough about how great it is. I see a couple of bashing reviews on here and I honestly have to ask whay planet these folks are from. I agree, it is not the 4 seasons or the Ritz Carlton, but it is a family friendly Condo style resort. If they had done there research, they would have known that. This place is clean, quiet, conviently located and also a great place to just unwind. We had a 4 bedroom lockoff, a few buildings down from the activity center (some stated that they had to drive to the activity center, yes for sure if you are on the outskirts, the property is huge) we were pretty close to the pool and activity center, about a 2 minute walk. The ONLY beef I have at this resort, always has been, and as long as it stays as is, always will be the Cabana bar. Not that it is bad, but with minimal effort is could be so much more. They seem to staff it with folks that have never worked in a bar before, if they have 2 people sitting at the bar, they are overwhelmed. Pretty funny actually, and they could easily stock the place with some better offerings. They don't even offer wine!!! My suggestion, stock your condo and bring what ever you want in a small cooler to the pool. You will thank me for that tip. Keep in mind, they are very strict about no glass where at the pool, so keep that in mind.

The Area

Great!!!! Busch garden is awesome, great park. Water country is great as well, and fully suggest you get the pass that is good for 3 days and is good at both, BG and WC as well as williamsburg it self. It was nice to be in WB or BG and then stop by WC for an hour or so in the evening to cool off. We go in early august and the crowd are way down, very seldom to you run into a line anywhere.

There are also sorts of supermarkets and restaruants close by the resort for supplies, also the whole gamut of restaraunts, from fast food, to quality sit down restaruants.

One recomendation I would make, if you are at williamsburg one day, do your best to grab a meal at Shields tavern, it is a great expeirence.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Riperoo
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Just a couple of minor hickups but all in all it was an enjoyable weekend. My family rented 4 2-bedroom suites which we reserved to be in the same building. Due to finding a bed bug we had to relocate one group to another building. The other issue was a minor pumbling problem which was fixed within 2 hours. We enjoy traveling to other places but we would stay here again as an option. The master bedrooms are spacious. The second bedroom is a little small for older teenagers but is fine for tweeners and younger children. Most dissappointing is that the ceiling are not sound proof so you will hear every footstep from the unit above.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Nevisisforme
Reviewed September 7, 2010

We booked 4 condos. Resort is nicely laid out. Great pool, indoor and outdoor. Condos are a good size, furnishings are okay. Bathrooms nice. Great location to all acitiviies. Bad part - BED BUGS. Response from maintenance and mgmt was sub par. Needless to say this was a huge issue for us. Pull linens and check sheets an mattresses.

• Stayed: September 2010