“Beautiful, Clean, Updated Condo on the Golf Course”

Greensprings Vacation Resort
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We arrived late on Memorial Day to a friendly staff and found a clean, updated first floor condo as we had requested. Comfortable bedding, fluffy towels, nicely stocked kitchen. We put the washer/dryer to use right away! We did have a hard time finding a grocery store nearby that was still open to stock the kitchen with food. It would be helpful if the staff would include this type of information in the notebook in the unit. A good map of the area would be helpful too. We were pretty busy enjoying all there is to do around Williamsburg, we didn't really utilize all the on-site activities, but the pool area is beautiful. The indoor hot tub jets were not working when we were there, so that was disappointing, but we enjoyed the outside hot soaking pool and the regular temp pool. We stayed in building 3 which is close to the main entrance--we did have to drive to get to the pool area, but our building has been upgraded recently--very classy with granite counters, nice neutral furnishings and luxury drapes/sheers. The dining room was very roomy with comfortable chairs for 6. The appliances were nothing special, but everything was clean and in good repair. The balcony was spacious with a table and 4 chairs. We were only asked once if we were interested in the time-share presentatiion and not pestered again when we declined. It would have been helpful to have Internet in the units, but we were able to use the computer in the welcome center when we needed to.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 8, 2009

My first impression upon entering our condo was spacious but outdated.
We stayed as a guest (interval timeshare swap). We were stuck on the basement level w/ walkout patio. Not the worst thing, but we requested a top floor weeks in advance and I feel we were placed out of the way in a lesser quality condo since we were not the ideal potential property buyers.
Living room furniture and carpeting was worn and old looking, decor was outdated and the kicthen was a room that belonged in a 1970's hospital, although functional.. No TV in second bedroom! Basement unit had no cell phone coverage (had to go outside) and my XM radio was useless in the basement unit (no southern view of sky).
Pool area is very nice with a cabanna serving drinks and a limited food menu. Miniature golf (fee) is near the pool.
Pool is a less than enjoyable walk from most units.
In room WiFi is $30 per week or $10 per day.
All rooms were clean and the real beds(not including sofa bed) were quite comfortable.
We mostly only slept there and prepared meals when it was an option for us.
24/7 security was a plus (must have credentials to enter property).
The staff was a non issue for us (results in a plus).
Check in after business hrs and there will be no hard sell for property, just a phone call (at 9AM) inviting you to the presentation.
Overall, not bad but definately not spectacular

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2009

This resort in a park-like setting was very clean and the spacious 2-bedroom, 2-bath accommodations were outstanding. There are no elevators to the 2nd and 3rd floor units so be prepared to climb a lot of steps. Building 18 sits atop a hillside with a long, steep, walkway to the building. By the time we got to our 3rd floor unit, this 65+ year-old couple was exhausted, especially after walking most of the day. We had a lovely view of the treetops and one of the greens on the golf course from our balcony/deck. Colonial Williamsburg was a 15-minute drive as was Jamestown. Yorktown was a little further but not more than 30 minutes. Busch Gardens, President's Park and Water Country USA are just a short distance away. Most chain-type restaurants were conveniently located about 10-15 minutes away on Richmond Road. There was a huge outdoor pool as well as an indoor pool.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2009

We arrived on a Monday and left on a Saturday. The condo was clean, spacious, and absolutely amazing. We loved that it had a full kitchen. The fireplace was great and so was the view over the golf course. The bedrooms were a great size we have 3 girls. a teenager a tween and a toddler. The room was big enough to have the playpen in and the girls had plenty of space. I love the fact that you have a washer and dryer combo right there for you in the condo. Our bedroom was beautiful! The garden tub was one the reasons that I wanted to stay here, it was lovely. We spent each night relaxing at the pool. The grounds were so nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We will defiantly stay at Greensprings again. LOVED it!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2009

I stayed at Greensprings in March 2009 through an Interval International purchase. The grounds were expansive and very nice. I used the gym regularly and everything was more than adequate. They had both an indoor and outdoor pool, which other guests really seemed to enjoy. The unit I stayed in was quite clean, and had nice towels and comfortable beds. The balcony was a great place to sit and read, and came with a nice view of large trees. The downside was the decor, which was done in floral prints. In my opinion, it was too colorful and outdated. The resort offered a gated security, and provided a nice feeling of security. The resorts in the area offered a guided tour into Washington D.C. I payed $99 for this, and it was more than worth the price. They included breakfast and dinner, but this was buffet style at Country Buffet. Not my preference for dining, but good value when included with the package. If you are in this area, you should not miss out on seeing D.C. The Memorials will leave you with such appreciation for our history, and the Veterans who served our country. If you don't make into D.C., there is so much to see in Jamestown and Williamsburg, Norfolk, and Virgina Beach. This was one of the most relaxing and best vacations I have ever had. Even if you don't stay at Greensprings, you need to visit Williamsburg. There are many other resorts to choose from in the area. If you have kids, Busch Gardens is a few minutes drive away.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank maly1
Reviewed March 23, 2009

We arrived that even in November as a fall getaway. Being that we normally stay at Powhatan we expceted great things fromthis resort since it is suppose to be the better reort. Not so. The firest room was on the very top floor the place was dirty, the furniture was so worn you coul see butt prints in the cushions. The wall papaer in the kicthen looked liked something my grandmother used to have. The shower was so broken there was a huge crack in the vinyl that clearly wasn't keeping all the other pieces together such as the head and the water leaking out. Pieces of the counter was coming up. The door was stuck to the shower. I didn't even take my bags in cux I was mortified. I went back to the front desk who had me sit and wait for 20 minutes until she had time to deal with my complaint. Very simple I said, the room is a dump, I wanted another room remodeled. Becaue it was so late she used tat as an excuse not to have any more rooms. She gave me another room and I was done. It was just a bad, I called adiamond Resort and said how disappointed I was and I was done with Greenspiring I wansted to stay back at Powhatan where I have staye the last four times. After going back and forth adn waking up supervisors, they agreed that O could transfer facilities. Than God, the rest pf the trip was quiet and enjoying.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Lamcee1
Reviewed January 11, 2009

We booked our trip with a timeshare swap. Greensprings is the best!!! The room is great. Two bedrooms, master has a king-size bed with tv and own bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower. Traveled with my husband and two daughters 11 and 8 yrs old. The second bedroom had twin beds and the girls loved having their own bedroom and their own beds. Also another bathroom located right outside their bedroom. Took the advice of reviewer and changed our 1st floor to the 2nd floor because air condition unit is located right outside master window. There is no elevator and you do have to walk up stairs to unit. This is not a problem for us, but of course if anyone in your party has problem walking, stick to the 1st floor walk in. The staff was very accomdating and courteous. I did get asked about coming to timeshare presentation at check-in. And then only one call in room about it. I explained we were not interested and was left alone for the rest of the trip. Big Balcony with door from the living room and our room was right in front of the 16th hole. It was cool watching the golfers. We loved Williamsburg, Virginia and loved Greensprings. We are booking again for summer 2009 and will most definitely book at Greensprings. I am sure there are other places just as nice, but we feel there is no reason to go anywhere else. It was clean, kitchen was stocked with everything, washer and dryer in the room, what else can you ask for. This unit was 1100 sq ft. that is bigger than my house in New York.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family