“Great place to stay!!”

Greensprings Vacation Resort
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We spent 3 nights at the Greensprings Plantation. We had a 2 bedroom unit with a pull out bed...full kitchen, washer and dryer. They had two pools, mini golf, dvd rentals, activties throughout the day for the kids, a sand volleyball court and much more. The unit was older, but it was clean. Getting extra towels and dishwashing soap was not a problem. I actually called them ahead of time b/c I had read some reviews about them being pushy as far as wanting to show you their timeshare, etc. The man at the concierge desk assured me that if I said no to a tour that that would not be an issue at all. Not only was it not an issue, but we weren't even asked to take a tour. Although I did indeed write down the man's name in case I ran into any problems!! I got our tickets to Colonial Williamsburg AND Jamestown at the resort and saved about $5/ticket getting them at the resort vs. getting them at the ticket counter. It is centrally located. We also did Jamestown and toured the Shirley Plantation....the longest trip was to the plantation, and I think that was like 45 minutes away. We'd stay here again, for sure.

Room Tip: There was NO restaurant...can't unclick the bubbles!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 498karlak
diamondresorts, Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about you and your family’s recent stay here at Greensprings Vacation Resort. We were extremely delighted to read that our accommodations, activities offered, amenities, customer service, and location met, if not exceeded, your expectations. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a family reunion, 4 generations, a total of 12 people stayed in 3 units. (Included 2 babies under a year old). We had a severe summer storm while we were there and the staff at the pool kept us fully informed regarding the approaching storm so we could avoid getting caught. Also we had a power outage that lasted for about 5 hours. These were not the most pleasant of vacation situations, but in all cases everything was handled in an efficient manner. Also, when we had problems ( a continual coffee pot issue) they were handled in an efficient way.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We decided to come here at the last minute, and got a good rate through a budget site. As such, my expectations were tempered. But when we walked in to the room, we were impressed. Our room had a living room and dining room, plus kitchen, deck and two spacious bedrooms. The bathroom had a spa tub. We've spent a few vacations in a standard two-double hotel room, and this felt huge. It wasn't terribly stylish if that's your thing, but very clean and comfortable.

There is shopping nearby to get groceries, and Colonial Williamsburg was not a long drive. The time share at check in wasn't over the top, and they offer a goodie bag of coupons for just stepping up to the desk. The pool was very nice for the kids, not very deep, and there was an amusement area to the side, and a basketball court. We went there to cool off after spending our day downtown.

One annoyance: I reserved a room for a relative in his name, explaining when he would arrive and explicitly asking for him to check in on his own. I was told this was fine. The room was prepaid and, although I had already checked in and they had a credit card on file (and he was willing to hand his over as well), they wouldn't allow him to check in without me present. He waited 15 minutes in line at check in before he was curtly informed he couldn't check in, alerted me, I came to the lobby and we had to wait another 20 minutes in line before checking him in. While we waited, three time share concierges sat idle as the front desk was short-staffed.

Williamsburg wasn't super high on our list, but our family loved it. At 10 and 8, our kids were the perfect age to discover the history and craft-making on display. They got to see how things actually are made, like a lock and key. We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

We are pleased to read that you have some good memories following your stay and we are glad to know that you would consider paying us another visit! Please accept our apologies for the misunderstanding which appears to have taken place during check in, we would like to assure you that we will investigate this issue and are sorry for any inconvenience caused. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

It was clean & conveniently located. We loved the pool & the tiki bar - good food & drinks at a decent price. The staff was friendly. (Timeshare was not pushed as other reviewers stated. We politely refused & they didn't insist or get annoyed.) We would definitely stay here again!

1  Thank Lisa F
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My family and I just got back from Greensprings Plantation. It was perfect for my family of five. When we arrived we were greeted graciously by the front desk, and the concierge serves was awesome. We were greeted with a welcome packet with directions and phone numbers to local attractions and stores. I have stayed in alot of resorts and hotels, but this was one of the best. The condo was very spacious and clean. The appliances were well kept. My wife wanted the water temperature turned up and they came right over. The kids I traveled with were 12, 10, & 5 and they thoroughly enjoyed the indoor and outdoor pools. I am definitely looking forward to going back and staying there again.

2  Thank kdowning4482
diamondresorts, Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

We are delighted to read that you would not hesitate to come and stay with us again and we are happy to know that you and your family had an enjoyable time here at Greensprings Vacation Resort. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Greensprings Plantation was perfect for my family of five. We stayed her June 10-16, 2013. The condo was large! My children are 15, 20, and 23,so we basically have five adults in our party. Having two full baths was wonderful. It was VERY clean, and we are picky about our condos. I didn't feel like I had to clean anything before feeling comfortable. All the kitchen small appliances seemed new. The master bedroom was large as was the master bath. The tub was very nice and large. We did ask for a recently renovated unit. It was quiet and very affordable. The public areas, pool and so on, were very nice as well. When the weekend rolled around it did seem to fill up with some loud, rude, and obnoxious guests, but it was peaceful during the week. We told them at check-in that we had no interest in the time share and were not going to a presentation. They didn't bother us again until the last day. They left a message on our phone offering again and we simply didn't return the call. Overall, a great place to stay while visiting Williamsburg!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been recently renovated.
1  Thank Amy S
diamondresorts, Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

We’re really pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay at Greensprings Vacation Resort – thank you for your review! We hope you’ll consider us for future vacations in Williamsburg!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

When we arrived, we had kind of a long check-in wait. After checking in, they sent us to the concierge desk, where we were given a welcome packet with information about the area. They did NOT ask me to attend any sort of presentation (I was very surprised they didn't). When I got to the condo, I was pleased to find it in wonderful shape...very clean and spacious. They even had starter washing detergent, dishwashing detergent, salt and pepper, paper towels, and toilet paper. There were flat screen TV's in living room and master bedroom. The 2nd bedroom had an old fashioned tube TV, but that was ok. All three TV's had DVD players and cable. The master bathroom had a wonderful, HUGE jetted jacuzzi tub. The beds were very comfortable. The kitchen had Cuisinart appliances (coffee maker, blender, toaster) and Cuisinart pots and pans...plenty of wine glasses and pyrex dishes. I was pleased with the well-equipped kitchen. There was a nice patio set on back porch with grills and picnic tables everywhere. The pool had a great cabana, which served sandwiches, appetizers, and booze at very reasonable prices.

The resort was in a great location, central to all of the attractions. We will definitely stay here again if we are in the area. There were tons of activities at the resort for the kids...dive-in movies, mommy/daughter pedicures, craft sessions, etc. We had a great time.

3  Thank Christy M
diamondresorts, Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay here at Greensprings Vacation Resort. We were pleased to see that you a wonderful time here, and that our accommodations, amenities, activities, and location contributed to your overall positive review. While our front desk staff works diligently to ensure our guests are checked in to their accommodations in an efficient manner, there may be times, especially around the 4pm check in time, where it may take a little longer than normal to check in. Your recommendation of our resort is greatly appreciated. We look forward to seeing you and your party here again in the near future.