“Comfortable”

Ranked #34 of 74 Hotels in Williamsburg
New York
“Comfortable”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Not quite as upscale as the nearby Kingsmill Resort, but everything was very nice. Excellent, large condo with adequate furniture and standard amenities and clean. The unit had a balcony overlooking a tee box on the neighboring golf course, as well as a large whirlpool tub and steam shower in the master bath. This unit could have used more cooking pots/utensils, but that probably varies by unit. And the blinds in the bedroom were translucent, meaning you woke up with the sun. Large outdoor pool and an indoor pool too, both of which were well used. Could use a larger fitness room. Employees were pleasant and helpful, and not too heavy handed with respect to timeshare sales. Close enough to Williamsburg, although you need to drive to get to pretty much anywhere. Next to Williamsburg National Golf Club, though that is a separate facility.

Room Tip: Some units are much closer to the pool, fitness room and tennis court, so if that is important, let...
2 Thank YankeeTraveller08

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Korean first
Bensalem PA
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We own a timeshare in Florida that was recently taken over by Diamond resorts and were invited for a two night stay to get a better understanding of the new company, Although it was a sales pitch to get us to switch over to a points system it was well worth the time. The people we dealt with at Diamond were really nice and very low pressure. We stayed in Bld 16 the room was we clean and well equipped. The grounds were well kept and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: Our room had a porch with a view of the woods overlooking the golf course
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank BonnieRPhotography
diamondresorts, Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Greensprings Vacation Resort! We’re glad that our sales team made you feel welcome, regardless of your decision to purchase.

We’ll be sure to forward your kind words regarding the grounds to our maintenance team. They work very hard to ensure that your surroundings are as pleasing as your room.

Our team members are very concerned with our guests and the quality of their vacations. We hope that you decide to come back to experience more of our hospitality in the future!
Toronto, ON
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just got back from a week long stay on the last week in Aug 2012.

We stayed in Bldg 5, Unit 18A in a 2 bedroom unit that sleeps 6/4. When we first walked into the unit we were greeted with a strong odor. We immediately turned on the air cond / fan to circulate the air. The smell never fully went away but I guess you don't notice after a while. It's only when you leave and return to the unit that you smell it again. I strongly think that the smell in mold.

Things we loved about the resort
- clean and well kept furniture
- in suite laundry
- the warm pool
- Surprisingly not a lot of noise filtered from the other units

Things we didn't love about the resort
- Bldg 5 is situated close to the entrance of the resort which meant the pool was a 20 minute walk away - way too far and therefore I think inconsiderate of the resort to place us there for week long stays. Everyone else that stayed in Bldg 5 was a short term 1 or 2 day stay at most.
- The water pressure of the shower in the unit was too strong in the master bath. I was disinclined to shower because the water pressure is strong enough to hurt against bare skin. I preferred to take baths instead.
- No free wifi (boo!)
- Pillows are v. flat

The location is great. It's close (5 mins) to Monticello Marketplace which has Martin's (Grocery) and Target (everything else). The outlet is 10 mins away via 199.

Oh one more thing, the mechanism for the shower pull in the main bath is unique. You need to pull the tap/spout to trigger the shower. Yes, there's a sticker on the tap that shows you to do it.

1 Thank wasurenaide
Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us! We do regret that your first impression of the property was the smell in your room, but we hope that you let our front desk team know about the smell so that they could take action to fix it. We’re glad to read that you did enjoy your room and its amenities.

While our property is very large, it does make getting from one location to another a little more difficult. We appreciate your comments regarding the warmth of the pool and the distance. Future guests should know that if they would like to request a unit closer to the pool, they can contact us prior to their stay to place a request. While these requests are not guaranteed, we will do our best to accommodate them.

We are currently in process of introducing new, custom-made pillows at Greensprings. They are incredibly luxurious and we hope you’ll come back to try them out! Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Greensprings Vacation Resort.
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed in building 11, Unit 48 A during the last week of August 2012 for a week. We have a timeshare week in Orlando and we used an exchanged certificate. Overall, we were happy with our two bedroom unit. It was clean, modern, and spacious. This was our second time at Greensprings. We stayed two years ago. Things looked basically the same (ie. not older). Lots of space for us and our two children, ages 7 and 3 to run around. The kitchen is great for when you have children. We could make them breakfast and feed them foods that we knew they would eat and avoid fast food. Loved the in unit laundry. I did laundry regularly so I that I could go home wiht no dirty clothes to wash. Beds and pillows were comfortable. Kids loved giant jaccuzzi bathtub. Kids loved the large pool, but we had to drive to it as it was quite a bit to walk and we had too many water toys and life jackets and stuff to bring. I had some issues with getting on the Wi-Fi and spent quite a bit of time with the AT & T rep on the phone. The normal cost is $29 for the week to get Wi-Fi but I couldn't even get that far and each time I called for help they gave me a 24 hour complimentary session but it seemed like a whole lot of hassle and by Thursday I just gave up. I would have happily paid the weekly cost if it would have accepted my payment and then been done with all the internet problems. We are used to the time share sell. Check in was efficent. Then they send you to the opposite side of the room to pick up your welcome package (coupons, activities info etc.) and that is when they ask you to attend a welcome meeting. We refused to sign up and then they left us alone after that and we were not even called about it. So it's a non-issue if you just refuse to attend up front. There is nothing wrong with time share as a concept, we just don't need another week. Kids had a great week. Short commute from our Greensprings to Busch Gardens, Watercountry USA, Colonial Williamsburg and Outlet shopping. Lots to do in Williamsburg. Get the Bounce pass through Busch Gardens if you plan on doing the theme parks. It can be a great savings and our 3 year old was free for his bounce ticket, otherwise if we had bought individual day tickets he would have been charged as a child.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
diamondresorts, Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for your review. It is pleasing to read that our accommodations and room amenities met you and your family’s needs. We do regret that you had issues with your Wi-Fi connection. We are trying to work on fixing the issues that have come up with A T&T in regard to this service, so that other guests are not affected in the future. Thank you for providing the tips for theme parks. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!
Vineland, New Jersey
Reviewed September 1, 2012

For the price I paid it was a great trip. Kids enjoyed the facilities even though the pool is super small. Had a small issue with trying to get additional pillows had to call 4 times. I even had Denise call about pillows and it still didn't happen. Speaking of Denise and Jim... I sat threw the 90 minute "presentation", it wasn't bad and Denise & Jim aren't overly pushy. I ended up booking my next vacation with Diamond Resorts.

Biggest Issue is they charge for wi-fi. $19.95 per device. 2 kids with laptops and ipods, my wife and I laptop and droids. 7 devices almost $140. lets be serious. I called they desk and they said you have to be an owner to get to use "OUR wi-fi"!

I recommend going this establishment just make sure your phone is capable of being a mobil hotspot. Saved me a fortune!

Room Tip: All the rooms seem nice, no complaints!
Randolph, New Jersey
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Just got back from Greensprings Plantation. First the good. It's well located within about 20 minutes from the major attractions in the area. Second, the actual unit was okay (2 bedrooms/2 baths, clean).

Now the bad. This place will nickel and dime you to death. They wanted $30 for WiFi - that's per device (3 iPhones and 2 iPads would have resulted in a $150 charge). Seriously, that is absolutely insane in this day and age. We were not offered a key to the safe and when we called we were told there would be a charge for that also.

The service was just terrible. As others have said upon check-in they push for the timeshare presentation. Then they called the unit to push some more.

We requested a ground floor unit - called a week in advance and were told no problem. Went to check-in and they tried to give us a third floor unit. When my wife told the desk clerk that we requested a ground floor unit he basically called her a liar - since there was no note she must not have called. He seemed annoyed, but we got the ground floor unit.

These units have two doors, an outer door that provides access to common hallways and stairs and an inner door to the actual unit. When we returned from an outing the next day our key would not work on the outer door - even when we got new keys they still didn't work. The manager did not seem to think it was somewhat urgent to resolve this matter even when it was starting to thunderstorm.

Then, we get a call at 9pm from security with a noise complaint. Really, at 9pm! My kids were just having fun and laughing. But even if we were blasting music or the TV, it's 9pm! Give me a break.

3 Thank ramprof
diamondresorts, Manager at Greensprings Vacation Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We always strive to deliver exceptional hospitality and offer good quality accommodation to each of our guests who stay with us, and it is concerning to us that the Customer Service you received did not meet your, nor our, expectations. The treatment from our front desk is not representative of the level of Customer Service we strive to achieve with all of our guests. This will be addressed internally with those individuals involved. While we our primarily a vacation ownership property, you aren’t obligated to attend any presentations if you don’t want to. We understand that many of our guests do welcome the opportunity to find out more about membership, and we’re sorry that this wasn’t the case for you. Wi-Fi costs are determined by our Homeowner’s Association (HOA). Rather than incur these costs through increased maintenance fees, our HOA decided to pass the costs for maintaining and servicing Wi-Fi on to those who choose to utilize this service while staying here. We apologize if this wasn’t brought to your attention when you booked your reservation. The comfort and enjoyment of our guests is very important to us, and we take any noise complaint brought to our attention very seriously, regardless of the time or hour. We hope that these issues will not prevent you to visit us again in the future, as we are confident that you will be pleasantly surprised by the level of hospitality and quality accommodations that we strive to achieve!
Tolland, Connecticut
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This is a nice place - we had a 2 bedroom unit and were on the 2nd floor (of 3). We had booked through Travelocity, and it came up like any other hotel, so you wouldn't necessarily know that you're going to get the "time share pitch". I had read the reviews here on tripadvisor, so I knew what to expect. We checked in very easily and were directed to the concierge desk for our "welcome package". The woman said that they had a reception with refreshments and that they'd like to schedule a time for us. I explained that we had been stuck in traffic for a long time and that I wasn't interested in the reception. She pushed it again and I cut her off to say that I was not interested and wouldn't be purchasing a time share during our visit and she became very curt - saying "so you just want your welcome packet?", handing it to me. I was hoping that would be the end of it, but it wasn't. We received a call the following day advising that it was a "special" day with double rewards (or something similar) and that they were actually booked for the day, but they could schedule a time for me the following day and still give me the special. I advised that I wasn't interested and this person was much more pleasant, telling me to have a good day. I know that they called again at least 2 other times - since I knew that any of my family or friends trying to call would use my cell, we just stopped answering.

The location was OK - it was a little out of the way, but that didn't seem to be a problem - you won't be walking to any restaurants from this location. The pool was nice - we only went one day, but they had games for the kids and allowed them to trade their winnings for gifts (small toys and stuffed animals).

I know I read about some people commenting on the lack of housekeeping. Since it's a timeshare, I wasn't expecting housekeeping, but I was expecting to get clean towels - this didn't happen. Actually, they didn't provide much detail at all when you checked in, so if you thought you were at a hotel, I could see that you might be confused by this. Because we were on the 2nd floor, we could hear the family above us walking around, but it wasn't too bad. The property has the golf course right behind it, so there were frequently people golfing in the back of the condo (many seemed to be looking in the small wooded area between the course and the condo - bad hole for lost balls, I guess).

If you can get past the pressure sale, this is actually a good place to stay - plenty of room to stretch out and a full, clean kitchen. Just know what you're getting into before you go.

1 Thank KimB1020