After staying at Powhatan many times we decided to give Greensprings Plantation a try. Check-in was easy, quick and hassle free even when we told them we were not ready to commit to a time-share presentation. They want you to commit after giving you a pressure sale and that is the last thing we wanted to talk about after spending six-hours in a car, but the lady was nice and when I said no she was still nice.
Upon entering the suite the first thing we noticed was that there were roach traps in the suite. The traps were empty, but common sense tells you that the traps are there for a reason and this was the hottest part of the summer. Once we settled in our two-bedroom, two-bath suite I noticed that there was no television channels in the smaller of the two rooms. The TV had no cable it was set up for DVD and games only. Upon further inspection I noticed that two of the air vents had a brown stain on both of them and the others were a normal solid white color. I didn't want to guess what the brown color was on the vents.
The next morning we had to call maintenance because there were numerous problems with the toilets because of a low flush rate and a slow refilling of the bowl. The maintenance crew was excellent and quick and there only two on duty for most of our stay. Don't expect any type of room service, we did not get any during our four-day stay.
Later that night we asked about the bar at the pool and we were told that it was closed but yet the pools were opened. The pools were nice and large. The indoor pools were not heated, but a little warmer than the outdoor pools and the whirlpool were nice if not small.
Parking was tight if you came back after 9 PM which we did every night, but we still manage to find decent parking close by our suites.
This place is a little outdated, but if they put a little money into this place and get an exterminator it could be really nice. Basically, you get what you pay for and this place is fairly cheap and it looks and feels cheap. The mattress feels as though you're sleeping on bricks and the next day you'll pay for it and you'll feel it the entire day.
Stay here if you don't have other options because the location is great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Greensprings Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greensprings Plantation Hotel Williamsburg
- Greensprings Plantation Williamsburg