“Weekend getaway with spouse”

Greensprings Vacation Resort
Ranked #33 of 73 Hotels in Williamsburg
Reviewed March 4, 2012

My wife and I saw an advertisement on Living Social for Greensprings. Having never been to Williamsburg, we decided to take a chance; we're glad we did. Although located about six miles from Merchants Row and Colonial Williamsburg, it is a straight shot and traffic was non-existant. As for the compound: Rooms were clean, bed was comfortable, jacuzzi hot tub was outstanding and the living room -- to include gas fireplace -- very comfortable. Drawbacks were dated living room furniture and very aggressive sales pitch. If you don't yet know, it is a time share affiliated with Diamond Resorts. They called us prior to our arrival, made a pitch when we arrived and called us in our room to make a subsequent pitch. They had trouble taking no for an answer.

As for WIlliamsburg: We visited and enjoyed Williamsburg WInery (only a couple of miles from Colonial Williamsburg), walked around Colonial Williamsburg and took in the shops at Merchant's Row. The best part of our trip was an excellent Jazz show at Williamsburg Lodge. Regret would be that Busch Gardens doesn't open until later this month. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank intrepid_flyboy

Reviewed March 1, 2012

The 2 br unit we had was spotless and comfortable. It was, however, a little dated. The tradesmen were in the building next to us and our building was next. I am assuming that in a month the spotless and comfortable will also be new and beautiful so I will grant that.
Check in was flawless and Roland at the concierge desk was helpful. The kitchen lacked a can opener but they had one to us immediately after we called. The hot tub was large and nice. The fireplace, washer/dryer, 3 TVs and all other things worked well.
We had a nice stay and will return.

Room Tip: Get a first floor or you will be climbing stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mebejim
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This is our unbiased opinion as we are diamond owners and have been so far to a handful of diamond properties. This is the closest to us in terms of travel so we thought it would be nice to take the family during the middle of the week. My first impression was it was a well kept resort and had a lot of small outside playgrounds for kids on the warmer days. I went to the main office where I was greeted pleasantly by a gentleman and his colleague who gave my daughter a piece of candy after asking me. After checking in, the concierge who doubles as the official timeshare appointment setter, was persistent in having me set up an appointment, which I always decline. My time with my children is always more valuable then seeing the resort, which I told the woman. The only other time they really "bothered" me was the next day they called to see if I still wanted to do the timeshare which I declined again. We got a connecting room suite, but only used one of the 2 connecting rooms, however there is that option if you have a larger family to use this and leave the doors open.

Other than that... The rooms are pretty well kept up and the condition is about 7 out of 10, which is not top top of the line but has a very homely feel with dark green carpeting and appliances that are a few years older but still maintained. The pillows were fluffy and large which arent the best for the kids, so ours brought their own pillows. You have one hot water tank so use it sparingly, one fill of the hot tub and you have to wait at least an hour or two for anyone else to get hot water. We did not get to use the patio/deck area due to it being cold but it looked like regular black metal patio chairs/table. The activities and fitness center was adequate and they have movies you can rent as well. Because it was 30 degree weather we didnt get a chance to go to the outdoor pool which looked spectacular, however the indoor one was decent. The family spent most of the time in the hot tub due to the pool being too cold for my 4 year old. Check out was easy as we simply left our keys with security and took out our garbage which is right across the street.

Pros: Looks great for summertime outdoor activities (mini golf/ pool), rooms were a nice size,
staff was pleasant, jacuzzi tub was nice addition, in the middle of some nice shops and restaurants

Cons: Timeshare spiel, hot water heater

Room Tip: Ground floors are best for families with small children. They have 3 locks you have to go through s...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank vacritic
Reviewed February 13, 2012

This past weekend my boyfriend and I and another couple stayed in the 2 bedroom condo. We got one of the newly renovated rooms and it was PERFECT!. Everything was clean and in order. The only thing I would say is try to get a 3rd floor unit. We were on ground level and the people above us walked like elephants disturbing my beauty sleep. Other than that great place and is centrally located. We like it so much we may be coming back this weekend ;)

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room on the top floor.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank future08nelly
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Large two bedroom condos in a beautiful setting conveniently located just a few miles from The College of William and Mary. This is my third time staying in this resort and each time my family and I have enjoyed it very much when we visit our daughter at The College of W&M. The only drawback is that they make you stop by the concierge desk after check in where they try to get you in a timeshare program which I'm really not interested in. I wish they would just stop doing that specially if they know you've been there a few times. I try to be polite in declining but sometimes you just have to get your point across. This is the only reason I didn't give them 5 stars.

Room Tip: Near the pool if you plan to use it.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank GMatSP
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Nice place, would highly recommend it. Looks like they try to keep everything repaired and kept nice.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank traveler4times
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We just stayed in the Greensprings Resort for a short vacation to the Williamsburg area. We had never stayed in a Timeshare Resort before and weren't sure what we were in for. Overall, the experience was very pleasant.

We didn't get one of the newly renovated units, but I was quite pleased with the third floor unit that we stayed in. There was a wonderful jacuzzi tub in the bathroom and that alone made up for many minor quibbles we may have had. It was quiet and was within 15 minutes of everything we wanted to do in and around Williamsburg, another plus for the resort.

My only real complaint with the condo was the bed. The mattress was way too firm for both my husband and myself, and the pillows were too soft. Neither of us slept well while we were there even though the rest of the condo lovely. A kettle in the kitchen wouldn't have been remiss, either.

Tips: Bring your pillow if you can manage it. Bring a box of food and beverages with you for use in the kitchen. We saved money by eating breakfast there every morning. Pack a couple of your favorite DVD's to watch while winding down for the night. There's basic cable, but no movie channels to speak of.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family