My wife and I saw an advertisement on Living Social for Greensprings. Having never been to Williamsburg, we decided to take a chance; we're glad we did. Although located about six miles from Merchants Row and Colonial Williamsburg, it is a straight shot and traffic was non-existant. As for the compound: Rooms were clean, bed was comfortable, jacuzzi hot tub was outstanding and the living room -- to include gas fireplace -- very comfortable. Drawbacks were dated living room furniture and very aggressive sales pitch. If you don't yet know, it is a time share affiliated with Diamond Resorts. They called us prior to our arrival, made a pitch when we arrived and called us in our room to make a subsequent pitch. They had trouble taking no for an answer.
As for WIlliamsburg: We visited and enjoyed Williamsburg WInery (only a couple of miles from Colonial Williamsburg), walked around Colonial Williamsburg and took in the shops at Merchant's Row. The best part of our trip was an excellent Jazz show at Williamsburg Lodge. Regret would be that Busch Gardens doesn't open until later this month. Hope this helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Williamsburg. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Greensprings Vacation Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Greensprings Plantation Hotel Williamsburg
- Greensprings Plantation Williamsburg