“Hidden Gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Williamsburg
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

I’m almost hesitant to write this review because I don’t want the secret to get out! This place is a wonderful find in Williamsburg, especially for families.  It’s a vacation rental place so I think that all units are built as 2br condos. Our unit was impeccably clean. The furniture and décor was contemporary, kitchen was fully stocked with everything you would need to cook and clean for an entire week (not food), and the bathroom was cleaner and nicer than many 5 star rated hotels.  We were only there for two days, and like many vacation rental places, the maid service will not come to clean until after you leave.  Luckily there was a washer/dryer in the unit with detergent to clean the towels.  The best part of this place was the price. We got an amazing deal from a travel site, which only amplified our excitement over the accommodations.

A word of advice would be to make sure you return somewhat early in the evening if you want a parking spot close to your unit.  We got back at 11pm one night and had to park quite far away from our place.  Also I booked the hotel on a travel site a few days in advance, and when I arrived they could not find my reservation.  I guess the systems aren’t in sync.  This caused a 30min delay at check in, but I honestly forgot all that when we got to the room.  It was worth the trouble at check in.  Overall I cannot say enough positive things about this place. It was peaceful, great family atmosphere, awesome room and extremely affordable (especially if you have a large family).

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank stevenssn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

We love this resort - even just as a quick getaway. Its so convenient to drive to and love that it is so close to all attractions, and outlets, etc. I love how the rooms are big and homey. This will be our 5th trip back to the area. I am looking forward to maybe doing some of the ghost tours this time since we are going the weekend of Halloween.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank angelphilly
Morris, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our family had a condo in building 17 which was very conveniently located near the pool. We were very pleased with the accomodations! The small kitchen appliences were all new Cuisinarts-very nice! The condo was very clean and spacious-perfect for what we would need. The only minor problem we had was with the dryer-it had a small capacity so if there were too many clothes in it it would stop running. The pool area was great-lots of nice padded lounge chairs, large towels, and a bar where you could buy drinks and food. The kids enjoyed the little playground, ping pong table and mini-golf. There were scheduled activities throughout the week-including a couple movie nights out by the pool. Check in was very easy-and yes they will direct you over to another table where they will try to get you to make an appointment for a time share presentation....all you have to do is politely decline (I did and that was the end of it-no pressure). We would definately stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for one near the pool area.
Prince George, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

We utilized one of the 4 bedroom (sleeps 12) units which was just 2 full 2 bedroom units in the same building sharing a main locked door. We did not get one of the renovated units but we did not request it/expect it since our goal was to secure the one larger unit available to accommodate our 2 families. We used timeshare points and are used to getting one of the renovated units when traveling with a smaller group. The older ones are still fine, but would recommend requesting the newer units when possible. Nice size bedrooms. Huge master bath with jetted tub. Each family kept their unit doors open so the kids could roam back and forth. Nice big outdoor and indoor pool. Surprisingly not crowded. Ample seating even on a Saturday. There is a timeshare push but we remained armed and ready in advance so we knew to avoid the beckonings by the reps lined up after check-in and avoid the calls. We used to take advantage of these for the free gift certificates knowing we were not going to buy/upgrade, but we longer have the patience and the 90 minutes promised often turns to 2 hours+ (Any timeshare company...not just Diamond). That can be a huge dent in your time if you are staying less then 3 nights.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

There were 10 of us staying in two condos for a week in July. On arrival the resort looked lovely and check in was hassle free however when check in was complete we were sent straight to another desk to collect "INFORMATION" be prepared we ended up agreeing to a tour for free water country tickets. On the tour we listened about the great and wonderful diamond resorts and about their policy of saying YES. Some how that didn't stretch to sunbeds at the pool, a drink of water at the pool, curtains in your room, air conditioning that worked( with temps of 105) stained carpet, dirty walls and stained and ripped sheets. I would advise you to stay at Kings Creek a much superior resort. We were offered a small refund for our tbroubles but personally for what we had paid i would just have preferred nicer accomadition.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank GEW5
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Based on other reviews, I specifically requested a renovated suite. I was delighted to get one upon check-in, however the renovated suites are the furthest away from the pool and activities.

The suite looked great. Everything was absolutely clean EXCEPT the couches in the living room. YUCK!!! I would not let my family sit on them without putting clean sheets on top.

How can you renovate without replacing this aweful couches?

The suite was fine. If you don't purchase additional maid service you will be replacing your own toilet paper, paper towels and washing your own towels (washer/dryer in suite). I actually found this upsetting at first but then loved the fact that I could wash all of our dirty clothes and not have to do it when I got home. You will also have to make your bed. The worst part about the bed is the flat sheet they use on the mattress instead of the fitted sheet they should use. This was quite annoying since the flat sheet does not stay in place while you're sleeping.

If you don't mind all of the above then you will find this place just fine.

Roanoke, Va
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

I rented a 2 bedroom condo for 2 nts during a family trip in May, 2011. My nephew goes to HS nearby & we went for a senior nt baseball game. The location couldn't have been better for the proximity to my brother's home. The condo was spacious and had a nice screened in porch. Kitchen was adequate. I saw a lovely pool on the grounds, but didn't get to try it out. We were on the second floor, which required a lot of steps, but I had no problem with that. I got a good rate for the weekend. There is a shopping center close by with a nice grocery & a little bit further is "New Town" which has a variety of nice restaurants & shopping- including my favorite - Trader Joe's . This is a good drive from Colonial Williamsburg !

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family